Author Topic: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List  (Read 26434 times)

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2019, 05:53:13 pm »
 ;)

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2019, 06:07:42 pm »
4v4 two swords two bayonets tourney please  ;)
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2019, 06:49:26 pm »
In group fighting tournaments where swords exist, in some cases, the swordsmen could single-handedly take out multiple people with ease (I'm not saying bayonets can't, it's just there's no comparison between the two) because of the 4 directional combat, making them the strongest and most skill based weapon on the module. A sword would beat a bayonet in a 1 on 1 combat, players from Native join NW and are almost instantly better than a lot of NW players without knowing the NW meta, and since they catch on quickly can progress in the ranks 1000s of hours quicker than just sole NW players. So I can't stress enough that the true test of NW infantry skill would be a combination of both, which is why I'd advocate swords to be introduced in all tournaments, as a true test of a player's melee ability. Only being able to block two directions in a module where both 4 direction and 2 direction melee weapons exist is a bit silly. Coming from Native with no NW experience and then joining an 8v8 swords and bayonet groupfight, I'd have a larger impact as an 'NW noob' by killing more people with a sword than a top level bayonet fighter would, because of 4 directions. Just because swords are ruled out because people can't block 4 directions, doesn't mean the players are better, I'd argue they're worse. git gud with both or stay bad forever.

Hard to take you seriously Nathan, Fietta with a chicken picture and stupid trot888 name and  addressing every post like a damn letter. Either way just wanted to address a few reasons as to why swords are inferior to bayonets. Less range by a lot, less damage by a lot. Officers have slower move speed and can't run away and are very susceptible to kicks. I've never seen a sword player take out more than 3 or so players in 1 round or ever win a 1v2 or 1v3 in over 4 sword + bayonet tournaments. This includes native sword players like Maximou.

Saying Native players are completely superior then a lot of NW players is a complete fallacy. When Gibby played for The Oven (tz0) a couple of times I just ran at him with side stabs and simple lunges and he died over and over again unable to block a bayonet from range. His latest sword and bayonet tournament his final score was something like 5-20 no offence to him. He had no awareness, same with maximou his GF awareness was terrible he had no idea of bayonet range and still arguably doesn't. Something which takes a while to wire into your brain. I played for TBE with Maximou on sword for me in many  sword bayo tournaments and it was always the case that NW sword players had the advantage over native. In fact Hokej won two I believe simply because unlike maximou he had far superior GF awareness and just far more survivability than a Native player. Voluble was right when he said Native players were terrible vs bayonet even with 4 attack directions.

So the main reasons swords are added for fun is because they are just an inferior weapon to the bayonet. The only advantage are the attack directions but the range, damage and speed of an infantry man with bayonet is over all superior. Of course 1vs1 its subjective as that would depend on the sword player and the bayonet player and their play styles but over all just stats wise I would argue the bayonet is superior. And I think NW players know this hence why that has been the competitive format and why it always will be. Besides arguably two stabs means players have to be more intuitive at high levels especially in GF to make kills allows for more interesting styles.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2019, 07:08:17 pm »
In group fighting tournaments where swords exist, in some cases, the swordsmen could single-handedly take out multiple people with ease (I'm not saying bayonets can't, it's just there's no comparison between the two) because of the 4 directional combat, making them the strongest and most skill based weapon on the module. A sword would beat a bayonet in a 1 on 1 combat, players from Native join NW and are almost instantly better than a lot of NW players without knowing the NW meta, and since they catch on quickly can progress in the ranks 1000s of hours quicker than just sole NW players. So I can't stress enough that the true test of NW infantry skill would be a combination of both, which is why I'd advocate swords to be introduced in all tournaments, as a true test of a player's melee ability. Only being able to block two directions in a module where both 4 direction and 2 direction melee weapons exist is a bit silly. Coming from Native with no NW experience and then joining an 8v8 swords and bayonet groupfight, I'd have a larger impact as an 'NW noob' by killing more people with a sword than a top level bayonet fighter would, because of 4 directions. Just because swords are ruled out because people can't block 4 directions, doesn't mean the players are better, I'd argue they're worse. git gud with both or stay bad forever.

Hard to take you seriously Nathan, Fietta with a chicken picture and stupid trot888 name and  addressing every post like a damn letter. Either way just wanted to address a few reasons as to why swords are inferior to bayonets. Less range by a lot, less damage by a lot. Officers have slower move speed and can't run away and are very susceptible to kicks. I've never seen a sword player take out more than 3 or so players in 1 round or ever win a 1v2 or 1v3 in over 4 sword + bayonet tournaments. This includes native sword players like Maximou.

Saying Native players are completely superior then a lot of NW players is a complete fallacy. When Gibby played for The Oven (tz0) a couple of times I just ran at him with side stabs and simple lunges and he died over and over again unable to block a bayonet from range. His latest sword and bayonet tournament his final score was something like 5-20 no offence to him. He had no awareness, same with maximou his GF awareness was terrible he had no idea of bayonet range and still arguably doesn't. Something which takes a while to wire into your brain. I played for TBE with Maximou on sword for me in many  sword bayo tournaments and it was always the case that NW sword players had the advantage over native. In fact Hokej won two I believe simply because unlike maximou he had far superior GF awareness and just far more survivability than a Native player. Voluble was right when he said Native players were terrible vs bayonet even with 4 attack directions.

So the main reasons swords are added for fun is because they are just an inferior weapon to the bayonet. The only advantage are the attack directions but the range, damage and speed of an infantry man with bayonet is over all superior. Of course 1vs1 its subjective as that would depend on the sword player and the bayonet player and their play styles but over all just stats wise I would argue the bayonet is superior. And I think NW players know this hence why that has been the competitive format and why it always will be. Besides arguably two stabs means players have to be more intuitive at high levels especially in GF to make kills allows for more interesting styles.

Bayonets are superior to swords for groupfighting without a doubt; they have better range, higher damage and faster speeds (when class proficiencies are taken into account). That said, I think there's no question a sword player wins 1v1 against someone with a bayonet, not least because most bayonet players aren't familiar with how to counter a good sword player - the same problem native sword players have in NW groupfights. The 4 directions are definitely superior for duelling and there are many more "duel moves" you can do with a sword.

I don't think getting into a NATIVE VS NW PLAYER WHO IS BETTER AT GAME conversation is worthwhile because they are obviously different skill-sets with limited cross-compatibility. As the mighty MATT said to me:
Larry Wheels Roid Rage Monday, 22/07/2019, 04:42:
   its like boxing vs an mma fighter
   a mma fighter can box
   but a boxer cant do mma

I don't think Fietta should be talking about how good native players are with bayonets because we don't really know the answer to that question yet; people like Arni and myself have only done a couple of gfs and no tournaments, so until we've taken part in one and played a bit longer it's not really possible to rate us anywhere in terms of skill because it's not possible to know where we belong. I mean the main skills we can carry over aren't mechanical or meta related, but are just the reactions and teamplay that we built up in Native; we are still pretty bad when it comes to NW TRICKS and META. Also, the fact that 2 of the best infantry of all time in Native are also good in NW doesn't mean that anyone from Native is gonna be good in NW. Pretty sure 90% of Native players would be garbage in NW. Only the ones that have top level reactions and know how to teamplay have a chance of being decent/good as soon as they switch to NW.

Still tho:

4v4 two swords two bayonets tourney please  ;)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2019, 07:18:17 pm »
Bayonets are superior to swords for groupfighting without a doubt; they have better range, higher damage and faster speeds (when class proficiencies are taken into account). That said, I think there's no question a sword player wins 1v1 against someone with a bayonet, not least because most bayonet players aren't familiar with how to counter a good sword player - the same problem native sword players have in NW groupfights. The 4 directions are definitely superior for duelling and there are many more "duel moves" you can do with a sword.

I don't think getting into a NATIVE VS NW PLAYER WHO IS BETTER AT GAME conversation is worthwhile because they are obviously different skill-sets with limited cross-compatibility. As the mighty MATT said to me:
   a mma fighter can box
   but a boxer cant do mma

I don't think Fietta should be talking about how good native players are with bayonets because we don't really know the answer to that question yet; people like Arni and myself have only done a couple of gfs and no tournaments, so until we've taken part in one and played a bit longer it's not really possible to rate us anywhere in terms of skill because it's not possible to know where we belong. I mean the main skills we can carry over aren't mechanical or meta related, but are just the reactions and teamplay that we built up in Native; we are still pretty bad when it comes to NW TRICKS and META. Also, the fact that 2 of the best infantry of all time in Native are also good in NW doesn't mean that anyone from Native is gonna be good in NW. Pretty sure 90% of Native players would be garbage in NW. Only the ones that have top level reactions and know how to teamplay have a chance of being decent/good as soon as they switch to NW.

Preach.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »

a mma fighter can box
   but a boxer cant do mma

Preach.

Agreed.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »
In group fighting tournaments where swords exist, in some cases, the swordsmen could single-handedly take out multiple people with ease
They never do in tournaments tho. I've not seen a single sword player actually carry in a sword and bayo tournament.They might get lots of kills, yet most ot them are in 2v1s where their 4 attack directions are very usefull. But that has very little to do with their insano NW groupfighting skill and more with the 4 directions. Anyone can spam a sword and let his more experienced teammate hold and time his stabs with the sword. Most NW players aren't that used to blocking swords. Again, nothing to do with your insane skill.On the contrary, swords lack range and are therefore mostly useless in the period where both teams are straight opposite eachother. They never get first-picks and just have to wait to get a 2v1 going somewhere.
players from Native join NW and are almost instantly better than a lot of NW players without knowing the NW meta, and since they catch on quickly can progress in the ranks 1000s of hours quicker than just sole NW players.
Yet they don't. Gibby doesnt carry 28th or his mage team, he didn't carry PB in the sword tournament or carry 91st at any point. You dont carry 15th or snappers. Maximou doesn't carry the frenchies (apart from the actual 3v3 sword gf) . I don't see where you get this idea from. Yes, they are better than the general noobs. But that is because you've played thousands of hours of this game, just like the rest of us. Actually, adapting to the meta is mostly where the native players struggle. They understand the basics such as blocking, because they are also the basics of native. Yet the meta differs greatly from native. The native players often don't do much at all in actual groupfights. At which point you're about as usefull as the average NW player.

Had to fix formatting oopsie
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:30:42 pm by Rikkert »

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:00 pm »
I miss when everyone just repressed their autism  :-\
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #278 on: August 04, 2019, 08:07:05 pm »

David_Schrein

« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2019, 08:11:07 pm »
Wtf gibby carrys everything hello  ???

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2019, 08:14:39 pm »
players from Native join NW and are almost instantly better than a lot of NW players without knowing the NW meta, and since they catch on quickly can progress in the ranks 1000s of hours quicker than just sole NW players.
Yet they don't. Gibby doesnt carry 28th or his mage team, he didn't carry PB in the sword tournament or carry 91st at any point. You dont carry 15th or snappers. Maximou doesn't carry the frenchies (apart from the actual 3v3 sword gf) . I don't see where you get this idea from. Yes, they are better than the general noobs. But that is because you've played thousands of hours of this game, just like the rest of us. Actually, adapting to the meta is mostly where the native players struggle. They understand the basics such as blocking, because they are also the basics of native. Yet the meta differs greatly from native. The native players often don't do much at all in actual groupfights. At which point you're about as usefull as the average NW player.

What u say about maxime is true he's bad in gf, look at his 3 - 11 here, but Mages have only done 2 gfs so far, in the first vs AK Arni was 2nd score and I was 3rd, in the second vs PB I was top score and Arni wasn't there.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Like I said, trying to place Arni or myself anywhere in your rankings of players doesn't make sense since it's not clear where we fit in yet - we haven't taken part in a gf tournament yet and only have 2 team gfs to go off of as examples of how we play. What Fietta is saying is wrong (generally), but you should stick to using Maxime as your example of a Native player being bad in groupfights ;D

Wtf gibby carrys everything hello  ???

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »
You all are bad, because you don't have any cavalry tournament wins.

Talk to me when you win as infantry and cavalry.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2019, 08:16:37 pm »
Dude never post casual gf screens when you know PB were trolling out their ass. And the fact you were 0-10 before map change or something hmmm.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2019, 08:20:08 pm »
Dude never post casual gf screens when you know PB were trolling out their ass. And the fact you were 0-10 before map change or something hmmm.

yes, rikkert said i don't play well in mages. what have mages done so far? right, 2 casual gfs, so like I actually said underneath those screens:

Like I said, trying to place Arni or myself anywhere in your rankings of players doesn't make sense since it's not clear where we fit in yet - we haven't taken part in a gf tournament yet and only have 2 team gfs to go off of as examples of how we play.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2019, 08:23:14 pm »

yes, rikkert said i don't play well in mages. what have mages done so far? right, 2 casual gfs, so like I actually said underneath those screens:

Like I said, trying to place Arni or myself anywhere in your rankings of players doesn't make sense since it's not clear where we fit in yet - we haven't taken part in a gf tournament yet and only have 2 team gfs to go off of as examples of how we play.

Well besides that i'd still rate you a lot higher than some idiots who have been playing NW all their life. Even tho you've played two gfs.