Author Topic: The Movie Thread  (Read 2846 times)

AeroNinja

The Movie Thread
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:06:59 pm »
I don't know if there is already a thread for it or if it is in the wrong section pls tell me if there are problems.  :-\

Here you just can discuss upcoming movies and other movies you like and stuff. :P

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction FTW!

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Movie Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »
Transformers 4: Age of Extinction FTW!

Michael Bay: Age of Explosions*
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Fruble

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »
The latest Transformers was a massive let down imo. I never thought I'd say this but I missed Shia LaBeouf as the main role. Mark Wahlberg didn't do it for me.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:17 pm »
60's and 70's movies ftw
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:50:56 pm »
People still go see the transformers movies?..
Pointy stick champion

Offline Fruble

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:37 pm »
Yes.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:59:03 pm by Fruble »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:17:51 am »
People still go see the transformers movies?..
Spoiler
[close]
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 04:07:49 am »
I dont actually know what my favorite film would be, possibly the Batman series, The newer one ofc the old ones were terrible. But the Dark knight and Dark knight rises very good movies.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:34 am »
Batman and transformers, are you fucking kidding me. There's way better films out there to talk about.

Last film i've seen was Transcendence, was pretty good and it actually had a message.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Fruble

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 10:44:23 am »
Agreed, I loved Transcendence.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:00 am »
Batman and transformers, are you fucking kidding me. There's way better films out there to talk about.

Last film i've seen was Transcendence, was pretty good and it actually had a message.
You are right, But when i say batman, i meant they are 2 enjoyable movies that i personally liked to watch, not saying they are the best movies out their i said they were an enjoyable watch, atleast for me personally.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:26 am »
You know it's possible for people to enjoy things simply because they enjoy then Augy, they don't have to have a deep spiritual meaning or anything, let's not forget that people watch movies for fun.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 11:16:57 am »
Oh i do know as i watch b-movies, i enjoy the Batman films for simple entertainment but abhor the views it propagates on the viewers. Apologies for i'm gonna rant,

Just look at what Batman/Bruce Wayne represents in this kind of plot line.
He is a billionaire vigilante fighting alongside cops and politicians to protect a city (which could represent a system or institution) that is so corrupt, exclusionary, and capitalistic that there are not just petty criminals looking to get by, but there are Master criminals who have been so fucked over by this system that the only way they can be psychically satisfied in their condition is to take out their maniacal plans upon the general passive complacent populace who have allowed the system to get this fucked up through their compliance. (See Frantz Fanon) Basically, Bruce wants to maintain the system that legitimizes his excessive wealth and his need for vigilante machismoism, which spawned as a way to get the love, respect, and appreciation from the people since he wasn't able to get it from his parents in his formative years. (See Gabor Mate).
By looking at this relationship we can begin to see it's real-life implications by seeing that as long as we continue playing into the $$ paradigm, that is controlled by the people at the stock exchange, money printing places, elite businesses, millionaire politicians, etc., we will be forced into the box of criminality.

Bane represents the most masterplanned attack against the prison-industrial complex inherent in capitalist economies. This is the ultimate fear of people on the top of the $$ paradigm.
Anarchism is not that ultimate fear. Anarchism is a variety of possibilities yet to be realized that will be specific to each locale. No capitalist mega-produced movie will ever show the complexity of such a vision. At most, as it is with Batman Rises, it will be a projection of what a capitalist regime imagines as it's worst enemy. We are not the worst enemy, or, at least, I am not the worst enemy. (I'll speak for myself). I do not seek to redistribute a fabricated representation of value (money) to those less valued, so I will be no Robin Hood. I do not want to perpetuate the fucked up system that revolves around money, wage-slavery, and voting by spreading it to more people so they are then ensnared and forced to weigh their arbitrary privileges against some others' dispossessed right to be a human part of nature on this Earth. Nope, I choose not to participate in that tug of war. Instead, my anarchism is one where we refuse to participate, where we create what we need for our communities without relying on government money, where we build a new world in the shell of the old (taken from IWW), where we can, while we also spread the seeds that will grow between the cracks in the pavement. I might not meet you on the streets, but I'll see you in the garden. (See "Change the World Without Taking Power" by John Holloway and "Escaping Education" by Gustavo Esteva)
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 11:25:56 am »
Oh i do know as i watch b-movies, i enjoy the Batman films for simple entertainment

So you just agreed with what i said, Was there any need for the rest of the rant then?

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »
You can never please the crowd on here, films are more than just pieces of entertainment.
This is a movie thread, i'd expect people to go indepth about films. - just thought i'd give batman a go.