Author Topic: You don't own me.  (Read 11451 times)

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
  • Side: Neutral
Re: You don't own me.
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2020, 03:03:43 am »
I think what scottish was (probably) trying to say is that Risk is making it as hard as possible for new people to host leagues/tourneys, I remember when I posted my first thread asking what format the first thing that came to his mind was

"It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run

Jolly or Windflower would be good imo

There are obviously more people who are capable of doing a good job tho"

Imo Risk should've given me advice or tips on running a league, I gotta thank windflower and aurum for being there to answer my very stupid questions. I don't see what's wrong with having new people try something out that they might like.

this is lol.

Nothing wrong with having people who know what they are doing and have experience. Yes, I don't want the league to be shit and poorly run. And literally no one else does either. Your 3v3s tournaments were some of the worst tournaments I had participated in, in a long time. They started late, ended late and one was completely redone after the first round of the bracket had been played. I have never seen that before. In reality, didn't matter who hosted, I just don't want it to be poorly managed and when you said you were... all I remember is the 3v3 tournaments. That was your experience and it wasn't good.
Nonetheless, I still signed up for them and the league though because I like to compete and so did pretty much everyone else. Pretty sure Jolly and Waste were helping you anyway so it worked and the league was actually doing good until you literally exposed yourself for cheating. Someone else deserves to run it and that's why it should be one of the mods you had (Jolly or Waste). And the community obviously thinks this to by looking at the poll.

nice try pushing this false narrative tho

They started and ended late because I didn't anticipate as many teams to sign up because I thought a lot of people were done with the game, It was legit my first tournament as well I already knew beforehand and SAID beforehand bear with me this is a learning process for me. Who runs a perfectly smooth tournament the first time? I don't know anyone whose done that but prove me wrong.

VetroG asked me to run his tournament I think 1 hour before it started and he hadn't even made the bracket, so I made the bracket 20 minutes before the tournament then out of the blue 3 or so teams just sign up During the tournament. I had never expected this to happen and definitely handled it the wrong way, I should have either told those teams Sorry you signed up to late, or restarting the tournament as only 3 matches had been played. Unfortunately I hesitated and handled it poorly.

League was doing fine until hawkince decided to go through all my videos but I can't change the past so might as well learn from it and move on.

actually I would say it wasn't a bad first tournament only problem with it was that it took awhile which wasn't my fault a lot more teams signed up then I had anticipated.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 03:06:31 am by Kristine »

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2020, 03:30:04 am »
maple 7 - 0 (prime) risk 09/11/2020

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2020, 03:36:08 am »
pickle 7 - 0 (prime) maple 09/11/2013

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2020, 03:36:23 am »

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2020, 03:58:23 am »
I think what scottish was (probably) trying to say is that Risk is making it as hard as possible for new people to host leagues/tourneys, I remember when I posted my first thread asking what format the first thing that came to his mind was

"It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run

Jolly or Windflower would be good imo

There are obviously more people who are capable of doing a good job tho"

Imo Risk should've given me advice or tips on running a league, I gotta thank windflower and aurum for being there to answer my very stupid questions. I don't see what's wrong with having new people try something out that they might like.

this is lol.

Nothing wrong with having people who know what they are doing and have experience. Yes, I don't want the league to be shit and poorly run. And literally no one else does either. Your 3v3s tournaments were some of the worst tournaments I had participated in, in a long time. They started late, ended late and one was completely redone after the first round of the bracket had been played. I have never seen that before. In reality, didn't matter who hosted, I just don't want it to be poorly managed and when you said you were... all I remember is the 3v3 tournaments. That was your experience and it wasn't good.
Nonetheless, I still signed up for them and the league though because I like to compete and so did pretty much everyone else. Pretty sure Jolly and Waste were helping you anyway so it worked and the league was actually doing good until you literally exposed yourself for cheating. Someone else deserves to run it and that's why it should be one of the mods you had (Jolly or Waste). And the community obviously thinks this to by looking at the poll.

nice try pushing this false narrative tho

They started and ended late because I didn't anticipate as many teams to sign up because I thought a lot of people were done with the game, It was legit my first tournament as well I already knew beforehand and SAID beforehand bear with me this is a learning process for me. Who runs a perfectly smooth tournament the first time? I don't know anyone whose done that but prove me wrong.

VetroG asked me to run his tournament I think 1 hour before it started and he hadn't even made the bracket, so I made the bracket 20 minutes before the tournament then out of the blue 3 or so teams just sign up During the tournament. I had never expected this to happen and definitely handled it the wrong way, I should have either told those teams Sorry you signed up to late, or restarting the tournament as only 3 matches had been played. Unfortunately I hesitated and handled it poorly.

League was doing fine until hawkince decided to go through all my videos but I can't change the past so might as well learn from it and move on.

actually I would say it wasn't a bad first tournament only problem with it was that it took awhile which wasn't my fault a lot more teams signed up then I had anticipated.

Real talk I didn't go through your videos, yoloswag had showed me one of your videos when he accused you of cheating and I was rewatching it, but regardless your a dumb cheater

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2020, 04:44:06 am »
the community has gone downhill since Mayhem posted his retirement thread

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2020, 05:35:11 am »
scottish ur fucking retarded lol its not jolly or risk control freaks the tournaments its no1 else wants to do it except for kristine in this case wich was hacking so hell no to that  also 1v1 the 12e
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 05:44:58 am by Yoshiee »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:02 am »
scottish ur fucking retarded lol its not jolly or risk control freaks the tournaments its no1 else wants to do it except for kristine in this case wich was hacking so hell no to that  also 1v1 the 12e
1v1s are for actual regiments tho, not groupfighting teams

Offline Jazzcommander

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jazz
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2020, 06:01:55 am »
Technically we (IX) were suppose to 1v1 you tonight but Scottish never showed, big oof amirite

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2020, 06:22:44 am »
Technically we (IX) were suppose to 1v1 you tonight but Scottish never showed, big oof amirite

this

Offline polar726

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2020, 06:34:14 am »
I sent scottish a friend invite on steam!

Offline TheBaker

• Agent of Chaos
  • Captain
  • Leader of the 33rd Royal Horse Artillery
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Lt_TheBaker
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2020, 09:05:05 am »
I love reading these in the morning with a cup of coffee. Really makes you feel alive and doesn't make you question your life choices at all

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2020, 11:01:23 am »
MATT gets all the praise despite the talk of him using hacks at one point

12 year old Kristine gets bullied

Smh double standards

Bear in mind I hate all LG members before I meet then and Kristine is surprisingly nice

Also this statement, I saw it at the time and I am not involved in NA actively for the past 2 years, but this was some serious indirect shade, regardless of Kristines history in hosting tornaments, if I had to give an honest opinion of Kristine, he struck me as a good kid if a bit impressionable but who isn't at this age range, and if he used cheats so be it its a game we all do stupid shit.

"It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run"

If i saw this coming from somebody I assumed was an experienced host of events and leagues, I would be extremely disheartened and disappointed. The NA community is so small that on things like these you should try come together and assist Kristine.

If i was asked to apply the same to bluenose I have never had a seriois conversation with him and have only ever seen the constant stream of regiments etc so not sure if I would be as tolerant.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2020, 11:33:12 am »
MATT gets all the praise despite the talk of him using hacks at one point

12 year old Kristine gets bullied

Smh double standards

Bear in mind I hate all LG members before I meet then and Kristine is surprisingly nice

Also this statement, I saw it at the time and I am not involved in NA actively for the past 2 years, but this was some serious indirect shade, regardless of Kristines history in hosting tornaments, if I had to give an honest opinion of Kristine, he struck me as a good kid if a bit impressionable but who isn't at this age range, and if he used cheats so be it its a game we all do stupid shit.

"It would great if we had someone credible to host this though or who has hosted one before, because the recent tournaments were such a mess. I just don't want it to be shit or poorly run"

If i saw this coming from somebody I assumed was an experienced host of events and leagues, I would be extremely disheartened and disappointed. The NA community is so small that on things like these you should try come together and assist Kristine.

If i was asked to apply the same to bluenose I have never had a seriois conversation with him and have only ever seen the constant stream of regiments etc so not sure if I would be as tolerant.
:)