Poll

One was drinking, so his friend said, ‘Oh, you are drinking, you’ll go to hell.’ “‘No, why? My father drinks.’ “‘Well, he’ll also go to hell.’ “‘Oh, my brother drinks.’ “‘So he’ll also go to hell.’ “’My mother…’ I

OH MY GOD
39 (51.3%)
OH MY GODS
37 (48.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Development WaT - *New Images*  (Read 41417 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Development WaT
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2015, 10:53:35 pm »
Not allowed to use those nor do I want to. Also Miller shut up you're boring.
that is enough, how dare you!, i shall meet you bugger at dawn, and i will blow out what's left of your brains!, pistols will be!

What a faux pas monsieur. Acting as Merks second i feel it socially acceptable to deny such a challenge. Being put forth by such a character as yourself. Good day to you

This is top quality FSE banter over here.

I stood at top dead mans hill at dawn, I saw no challenger. The day goes to me :^)

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2015, 11:39:36 pm »
Not allowed to use those nor do I want to. Also Miller shut up you're boring.
that is enough, how dare you!, i shall meet you bugger at dawn, and i will blow out what's left of your brains!, pistols will be!

What a faux pas monsieur. Acting as Merks second i feel it socially acceptable to deny such a challenge. Being put forth by such a character as yourself. Good day to you
Your useless french banter just proves that merks is no more than a spineless buffoon, who's only quality is using his insolent tongue to disrespect proper gentlemen such as myself and proceeding to use his french second to cover his back, cowarding away from the fight like the frenchman he is! you may have saved merk's worthless existence with this move however his honor will be utterly and permanently buggered as everyone in the king's court for the next century will remember this act of cowardice!

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2015, 12:20:51 am »
I don't know if it is at all possible but an Idea I wanted to throw in is for a few of the UK regiments the recruit is the center companies unit and the private is the grenadier company unit. Would there be any hope of seeing light company units sneaking their way into the UK and CA?
Just you know....bumping this cos it kind of got skimmed over.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2015, 12:27:09 am »
I don't know if it is at all possible but an Idea I wanted to throw in is for a few of the UK regiments the recruit is the center companies unit and the private is the grenadier company unit. Would there be any hope of seeing light company units sneaking their way into the UK and CA?
Honestly, I have one last unit rank that is not used possible I think. Needs testing to avoid duplicates.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 12:42:49 am »
Honestly, I have one last unit rank that is not used possible I think. Needs testing to avoid duplicates.
Go Navy, Go Navy!!!!
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2015, 01:21:17 am »
Do you mean pick able unit class like the recruit, ranker and sergeant or a whole new regiment?

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2015, 01:29:43 am »
Like a unit class/rank as first you mention.

Just tested, because why not for science and yes it is possible. I want to test it further soon when I can, on every unit to make sure no duplicate unit classes pop up in bizzare spots.
Spoiler
[close]

Most cases though the whole Centre/Grenadier company thing is best done in a mini-mod or just as separate units. For the whole unit completion mindset.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:44:28 am by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2015, 11:04:21 am »
Why not make a new unit tab for officers and ensigns of different regiments so you can free up the space for different types of companies.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:58 pm »

Just tested, because why not for science and yes it is possible. I want to test it further soon when I can, on every unit to make sure no duplicate unit classes pop up in bizzare spots.
Spoiler
[close]

Most cases though the whole Centre/Grenadier company thing is best done in a mini-mod or just as separate units. For the whole unit completion mindset.

That's brilliant! I didn't know you could have more than 5 unit types!

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2015, 03:25:01 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I recon instead of Recruit, Private, Ranker you should go for Center, Grenadier and Light.

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2015, 06:12:17 pm »
I disagree, not all regiments are large enough to support 3 companies so at least 1 will be wasted. Everyone has recruits.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »
What exactly is the difference between a private and a ranker?

Offline Earth Bby

• Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »

you mean recruit? For some units its the uniform for some it's just a hat so they dont mess the look of the line too much.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »

you mean recruit? For some units its the uniform for some it's just a hat so they dont mess the look of the line too much.

I was more taking about usnavy's screenshot that showed recruit, private, and ranker as three distinct subclasses. Is that how it's going to look in the next update?

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2015, 08:22:20 pm »
Ranker is the regular rank-and-file line soldier and private was just a name placeholder to test the 6 unit classes possible.  Visually there is no difference as I was merely testing the unit ranks structurce for stability (no duplicate ranks appearing in odd places)

As far as I know Private is sometimes the more appropriate term for the rank-and-file soldier.

I was more taking about usnavy's screenshot that showed recruit, private, and ranker as three distinct subclasses. Is that how it's going to look in the next update?
I REPEAT IT IS JUST A TEST, THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE.

The next page solution would be fitting I think for the other companies idea. But that's all, my testing notes on this. Now lastly to make sure all regular units work with 6 unit classes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:28:03 pm by usnavy30 »