Author Topic: Request: siege server  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
Request: siege server
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »
Hello everyone, I wanted to make a request for a server in NW. For quite a while, we had two big public siege servers, the 84e server, with custom siege maps, and the 51st siege server (IIRC) with default siege maps. I'm quite a big fan of the siege gameplay mode, and I've played a lot on the 84e server, but I'd like to see a server with default maps again. I know it is quite something big I'm asking here, seeing a server for (most likely) 200 players is costly, but there is a great deal of very good maps already in the game, and the only populated one is not going to use them.
I hope there's a big regiment out there willing to do this, because I'm sure I'm not alone in this request.
Thanks in advance,
Maroon
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:24:33 pm by Maroon »

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
Re: Request: siege server
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »
There is a server on the way. :)

Offline Bonnyjoy

• Captain
  • Ex-Inmate of the 84e Prison
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bonnyjoy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »
No Tav dont steal our Players !! xDD

Offline LeatherJacket_Of_Justice

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:11:37 am »
I could not agree with you more, I've brought this up with 84e several times to no avail, for some reason they are dead set against using stock maps and have not given a reason. Playing the same maps over and over again, several of which are poorly designed overall is getting boring. There are many good maps that could be put on rotation, some of the old epic ones where you get a fantastic power struggle at the breaches.

Surely this is a win win all over

more maps - more variety - more fun - increased population

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:55 pm »
There is a server on the way. :)
Good to hear, Tav :D

Offline Roy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:54 am »
Stock maps suck thats why they arent used.
Either they cause the server to crash or they lag the server.
There are a few good ones but not many.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »
First problem we would have on our 84e Siege is, when we use the default maps we would have an endless server rotation. Just Now we are running 7 maps, that means 7 h serverrotation... but adding the default maps? Meh!
Second is: we started the server to give a unique gameplay beside the default maps.

Offline LeatherJacket_Of_Justice

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:14:52 am »
First problem we would have on our 84e Siege is, when we use the default maps we would have an endless server rotation. Just Now we are running 7 maps, that means 7 h serverrotation... but adding the default maps? Meh!
Second is: we started the server to give a unique gameplay beside the default maps.

How would adding a few default maps make it less unique?

We've been playing the same maps on 84e for so long, seeing a stock map would be big and welcome change. You say the 7 maps equal 7 hours, this is already a lengthy amount of time which only the most extremely addicted NW player would sit through. Whether it is 7 hours or 10 hours, that amount of time is already so great and will make no difference.

Ask anyone on your 84e server - 'Do you want more maps?' - the answer will be yes.

And as it stands, As I have brought up time and time again, 'Custom map 13' still remains in rotation, and still remains a problem.

84e Siege gets some simple things right. An ideal siege server should be 3 rounds, no map vote, fixed rotation, reduced team damage for when there is no admin or some jackass is standing in a doorway. If another server can get these simple factors 'right', then we have a siege server we can truly enjoy.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »
I understand that, and that is why I'd like to see a second server with default maps in it, to serve as an alternative to your server.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:27:53 am »
The 3rd brg have a siege server. It will have custom siege maps they have made 1 so far. It is a North American server. It will be like 84e but will be way better.      Also if u want to see how good the map maker is go to  1st RGJ tdm  or 3rd brg TDM.   :)

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »
The 3rd brg have a siege server. It will have custom siege maps they have made 1 so far. It is a North American server. It will be like 84e but will be way better.      Also if u want to see how good the map maker is go to  1st RGJ tdm  or 3rd brg TDM.   :)
I'm sure it's a nice server, but I'd especially love to see EU siege server :P
I still might check it out sometime though.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »
The 84e has a beautiful server with nice maps, be lucky you have one for your region that is active.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 08:32:09 pm »
I agree it's a very good server, and I've spent a lot of hours on it, but I'd just like to see more of the original maps, as some of those are also amazing.