Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 25821 times)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2021, 07:37:54 pm »
S&M > Holdfast?
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2021, 08:54:41 pm »
Hopefully they deliver on the servers. Early looks have been really worrying. But if they improve it before they fully release them then its ok. We will just have to wait and see.

It would be better if they develop and deliver servers. Because for a game that is constantly faced with patches and minor updates, the release of servers can be a bit of a problem

I mean, I remember being told in the moderation team that custom servers would be out in a year when they believed EA would be over, 'custom servers' have been in the pipeline for a long time, and my guess is that it's probably going to be a lot longer before that happens.

A quick click-around on the taleworlds forum and you'll see countless threads named the following:

'NO COMMUNITY SERVERS ARE RUINING THE GAME'
'YOU PROMISED A YEAR FOR COMMUNITY SERVERS'
'WHERE ARE THE COMMUNITY SERVERS?'
'PETITION TO REMOVE THE CURRENT MP DEV TEAM'

obviously these are drowned within the copious spam of how bad the MP is (which in most cases I'd agree with).

Some promises were not kept, I agree with you, but when I spoke, they said that there was a little delay due to the work of a few people in their team related to the servers and that it would not be published because of this. And there is the EA process too.

The sooner or later line scares the shit out of me, do you think you can get the server player count to around 100v100 like in NW ?

We will see :)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2021, 11:22:09 pm »
Fair enough just make sure they know how many materials they're adding to scenes Vs taking away. Modding usually means adding content and if the base game runs juuuust good enough a mod will just make the FPS worse. It's very possible to make this run better than the base game it's just a case of planning things out.

Q : are the meshes being rigged and animated as one piece or are they many pieces e.g (head, hands, chest, legs, weapon) then combined in a player blob or whatever bannerlords equivalent is? This can save massively on performance in terms of CPU usage. GPUs these days have giant testicles yet most games don't take full advantage of a good CPU and bottle neck fast with animated cplayers.

Servers are worse, main reasons we can't have 2000 player battles is because no one has created a game engine that can use more than one core for online calculations which is completely fine for 64 players online matches but for our greedy community we want big old shlong lines.

Here's all my punctuation I was too lazy to use. *,,,.,,,..!?.??.*

Thanks, I'm very interested in the project.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, Marks. Rest assured, your concerns are our concerns too.

Also, we need to test this before we can finalize some things. We, as a team, realized that when we are currently fighting 500 vs 500 bots in the Hougoumont stage, we experience 20% performance loss. The reason for this is that we made the polygon number of the Muskets high and we added the beautiful texture version of the Charleville 1777 Musket, which we accidentally called "Special Musket", to the game, making it 5,000 polygons. But when we removed the musket and replaced it with "Brown Bess" and other standard "Charleville" musket, the performance loss was greatly reduced. These performance losses are not critical but will be fixed.

As for the uniforms, they are designed with great care and are made with historical accuracy and compatibility in the game. We're going a little slow, but I can guarantee you'll see some really cool uniforms.

25-30k uniforms, (medium size according to Bannerlord system)
Most armor in Bannerlord is between 30-60k.

It is made in many parts. (As head, hands, chest, legs and weapon) We are trying to combine this in mod tools + add animations and integrate it into the game.

We do not intend to keep an abundance of animation alive.
Bayonet Attach/Detach, Weapon Loading, Emote Animations this much will be enough for us.

There is a situation like this and I want to explain this situation.

In our meeting with Taleworlds officials, they said that the servers will be given to the community sooner or later. But there is also the situation that servers are high-performance servers compared to Warband, even servers with video cards, if they do not fix this, it may lead to high costs if they continue.

Our goal is to play events as stable as 500vs500 as a maximum, if we can achieve this, it's okay, but this is the final stage. If not, 250vs250 would still be a good number.

Awesome. Shame I'm completely at a lose with Bannerlords modding scene or I'd offer help. Hope you achieve everything you've stated here, could lead to great things!

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2021, 01:56:12 am »
Fair enough just make sure they know how many materials they're adding to scenes Vs taking away. Modding usually means adding content and if the base game runs juuuust good enough a mod will just make the FPS worse. It's very possible to make this run better than the base game it's just a case of planning things out.

Q : are the meshes being rigged and animated as one piece or are they many pieces e.g (head, hands, chest, legs, weapon) then combined in a player blob or whatever bannerlords equivalent is? This can save massively on performance in terms of CPU usage. GPUs these days have giant testicles yet most games don't take full advantage of a good CPU and bottle neck fast with animated cplayers.

Servers are worse, main reasons we can't have 2000 player battles is because no one has created a game engine that can use more than one core for online calculations which is completely fine for 64 players online matches but for our greedy community we want big old shlong lines.

Here's all my punctuation I was too lazy to use. *,,,.,,,..!?.??.*

Thanks, I'm very interested in the project.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, Marks. Rest assured, your concerns are our concerns too.

Also, we need to test this before we can finalize some things. We, as a team, realized that when we are currently fighting 500 vs 500 bots in the Hougoumont stage, we experience 20% performance loss. The reason for this is that we made the polygon number of the Muskets high and we added the beautiful texture version of the Charleville 1777 Musket, which we accidentally called "Special Musket", to the game, making it 5,000 polygons. But when we removed the musket and replaced it with "Brown Bess" and other standard "Charleville" musket, the performance loss was greatly reduced. These performance losses are not critical but will be fixed.

As for the uniforms, they are designed with great care and are made with historical accuracy and compatibility in the game. We're going a little slow, but I can guarantee you'll see some really cool uniforms.

25-30k uniforms, (medium size according to Bannerlord system)
Most armor in Bannerlord is between 30-60k.

It is made in many parts. (As head, hands, chest, legs and weapon) We are trying to combine this in mod tools + add animations and integrate it into the game.

We do not intend to keep an abundance of animation alive.
Bayonet Attach/Detach, Weapon Loading, Emote Animations this much will be enough for us.

There is a situation like this and I want to explain this situation.

In our meeting with Taleworlds officials, they said that the servers will be given to the community sooner or later. But there is also the situation that servers are high-performance servers compared to Warband, even servers with video cards, if they do not fix this, it may lead to high costs if they continue.

Our goal is to play events as stable as 500vs500 as a maximum, if we can achieve this, it's okay, but this is the final stage. If not, 250vs250 would still be a good number.

Awesome. Shame I'm completely at a lose with Bannerlords modding scene or I'd offer help. Hope you achieve everything you've stated here, could lead to great things!

Thank you, I hope so.

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2021, 05:10:44 pm »
Howdy musketeers,

We Announce Developer blog 1.0.3 Just now in MODDB you should check it out now to see what's up!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/swordmusket/news/sword-musket-developer-blog-103-development-diary

Please consider looking at the blog and give us feedback and share the progress thank you and have a nice one!

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2021, 12:34:42 pm »
Hello guys,

A new open letter has been sent to Taleworlds about Mod Servers by us modders who are Mod Developers in Bannerlord recently. We look forward to your reviews on this matter.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/open-letter-to-taleworlds-mod-custom-servers.446022/

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2021, 11:48:26 pm »
FrenchMonk, Resonant, and JackieFish and more reviewed the recently updated 1.0.2 Video Blog, and 1.0.3 Developer Diary related to the Sword & Musket project. I recommend you to watch.

Bonus: We're not mad at Taleworlds. We just want revolution. Thanks to their efforts, we are showing our efforts. We can do some things with Custom Servers.

Offline SteveUrkle12

• Corporal
  • 3e never lose!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [3e]Cpt_SteveUrkle12
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2021, 05:02:22 pm »
Click the image below to join!

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2022, 02:54:55 am »

Offline General Shepherd

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2022, 08:42:18 am »

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2022, 11:57:24 am »
Hopefully the melee for this will live up to NW, we can finally move game 😂
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2022, 12:03:01 pm »
Do we really want to move game?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2022, 01:12:16 pm »

I want better grafiks

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2022, 01:20:39 pm »
The key thing is, we want something that not only looks better but has the potential to keep getting better and better. Instead of playing the exact same thing since it was released in 2012.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2022, 01:21:24 pm »

I want better grafiks
Doesnt matter how good the (any NW related) game will be. It wont be the same melee as NW and everyone will complain eventually lmao...