Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars - Current state - almost dead?  (Read 4499 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars - Current state - almost dead?
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2023, 05:01:27 am »
50+ regiments maybe true at a stretch but the 5 biggest regiments  (at least) full strength would bring more players than 50 5 man regiments. (Talking about 2018+)

It's just a shame that huge staple international regiments, other than 33rd and maybe 16th, have died, regiments like 92nd, 17th/40th - in its short time, 45thN of course, 32nd and 19th just haven't been replaced.

Also regiments exclusive to their nations have died out, not only looking at the 3pp in the Polish scene/ or the 98e in Turkey or the VG/14e in France but also there used to be tons of regiments from seriously niche countries back in 2015 onwards, that'd bring huge numbers. I remember a Hungarian as well as a Romanian regiment bringing 30-40+ each daily to my line battles. Also the DDA from Denmark!

Nice to see Deluge popping though :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2023, 12:31:55 am »
Spoiler
50+ regiments maybe true at a stretch but the 5 biggest regiments  (at least) full strength would bring more players than 50 5 man regiments. (Talking about 2018+)

It's just a shame that huge staple international regiments, other than 33rd and maybe 16th, have died, regiments like 92nd, 17th/40th - in its short time, 45thN of course, 32nd and 19th just haven't been replaced.

Also regiments exclusive to their nations have died out, not only looking at the 3pp in the Polish scene/ or the 98e in Turkey or the VG/14e in France but also there used to be tons of regiments from seriously niche countries back in 2015 onwards, that'd bring huge numbers. I remember a Hungarian as well as a Romanian regiment bringing 30-40+ each daily to my line battles. Also the DDA from Denmark!

Nice to see Deluge popping though :)
[close]

This is a discussion we could have for hours upon hours, but many of the language based regiments proved more of a hinderance to the community than an actual benefit for much of the time they existed. There are also other English speaking ones I could say the same about.

Things like NWBC and the Regimental 2v2 tourney were great ideas that had been discussed before Kincaid had put it into fruition, but I'll be honest regiments like 45thN ruined it for the more casual ones. Regiments didn't want to join these big events which are supposed to bring the whole community together to get sweated on and trolled by the top 1% of players. Then I see posts like these that talk about how much of a shame it is that these regiments sat in their corner and just died out.

Also some mentioned regiments/corps like DDA keep getting mentioned despite them not being active as a FULL UNIT in way over 8 years now. DDA was big back in the early days of the NWL era (relative to now, they werent even that big) then would only come back for a few months here and there with a smaller company or two just to leave again. What impact did they really have on the longevity of the community?

If you look back, regiments from the likes of Marks, MrSt3fan (early 33rd), Wolfster, Heinrich and Kaide (painful as that is to say) did way more to get people interested in all sides of the NW community, than most of these regiments ever did. Yet for some reason nobody even mentions them.

Not trying to attack you or anything btw Mask its just your post provides one example to a conversation thats been had many times xD
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2023, 12:45:53 am »
Your poor ass hosting made competitive die, *snip*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 09:07:19 am by Nightwing »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline ZorkboyInBahkmout

• First Sergeant
  • 55th | Infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2023, 11:39:55 am »
Your poor ass hosting made competitive die, *snip*

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2023, 12:42:14 pm »
from saviors of nw to killers of nw damn

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2023, 04:38:17 pm »
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile