Author Topic: Forum Games: Announcements, Discussion, and Resolutions Board  (Read 140592 times)

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Forum Games: Announcements, Discussion, and Resolutions Board
« Reply #615 on: September 05, 2016, 07:28:15 pm »
If Napoleonic is picked, are we starting at 1803? Or earlier.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #616 on: September 05, 2016, 07:42:46 pm »
If Napoleonic is picked, are we starting at 1803? Or earlier.
I was thinking start of War of the Third Coalition. If earlier start is required we could start right after Napoleon is crowned Emperor, which is about December 1804. Too early and things might get a bit messed up.

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #617 on: September 05, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »
Waiting for 24 hours to pass

[close]

As of now it appears Napoleonic will win. Still have time though.

Edit: I've decided to use this time to read through all the posts from after I left. All I can say is"Damn.:-\ Forum games really were rip huh...
Yeah, it is partially my fault. Not completely, totally.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
« Reply #618 on: September 05, 2016, 10:35:58 pm »
If it is Napoleonic, I think it's only right that I have France  ;D

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:19 am »
I'm going to call it here. It has been 24 hours. Sorry if anybody didn't get to vote or if your favorite setting lost; the winner of the poll will 99% for sure be the next BoP UNLESS you all change your mind. We should be open to all discussion if conflicts arise regarding the next BoP.

The winner of the poll and our next BoP is: the Napoleonic Era! I personally was kind of rooting for Victorian Era, however we've never done a Napoleonic BoP for longer than a week. I'm pretty excited for it.

Here are the results for future reference:
Spoiler
Napoleonic BoP 7 (30.4%)
WW2 BoP 4 (17.4%)
Victoria BoP 6 (26.1%)
American Civil War 6 (26.1%)
Total Members Voted: 14
[close]

I will begin developing a very small set of rules and mechanics for the upcoming BoP (no technology, no huge systems). I'll will change the thread immediately and begin writing ASAP; player input, advice, complaints, etc and transparency during development are all welcome. I've also taken the liberty of making an easy and simple Non-BoP game for everyone to get back into the rhythm of Forum Games. I'll be running it for the first game or so (which is extremely easy considering the game is dictated 99% solely by the players) while I develop BoP: Napoleonic Wars. I'm going to need a map and header so if anyone's interested please tell me. I'll also make an OOC thread for the new BoP. I reiterate that any and all comments, advice, requests etc are welcome; thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:53:48 am by Volk »

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
Idea 1
I was thinking about the current state of Forum Games & thought about how we always have 1-2 Forum games that go on for months before being burnt out while other BoP's never see the light of day. I kind of want to fix that problem before it occurs again later.

I came up with the idea of maybe segmenting somehow the forum games so that 1 Forum Game & GM can work for a certain time up to a certain point (Say for example in Enlightenment terms, game runs from 1450 to 1500 or 1550). At that point, the Game pauses to allow the GM to take a break while another game and GM can run (Say in 1914 terms, 1914 to 1920). Then that game pauses and the previous game is resumed.

This would allow games to remain alive for longer periods of time & help prevent prospective GM's from getting burnt out very quickly. It would also allow more BoP's & non-BoP games to be done by more people as well as keep topics & eras from growing stale.

However, the break obv might cause trouble for some players who may be embroiled in a war or crisis. The break might also cause people to forget whatvexactly was going on & who was doing what, as well as not allow new ideas to be done until the game is resumed which may cause premature deaths of Forum Games.

This is just an idea I had. I want to know what you guys think.
[close]

Idea 2
Another idea I thought of is an idea for another BoP. A medieval one at that. Asturias vs Umayyad Sultanate (aka Caliphate of Cordoba). Separated into 2 teams (Christian Asturias & Muslim Umayyads) with 1 player as king and teammates as vassals (unless people choose to try to make their own kingdom/duchies?). To win one side has to annex all of the Iberian Peninsula from the other (or maybe certain key regions) either diplomatically, by conquest or marriage etc.

The other idea was a Crusades BoP. For example the first Crusade, with the Byzantines, the Genoans, the crusader armies led by the different men etc. Players might either play a nation (like Byzantium) or play as a character with their crusader army while other(s) play as the different muslim caliphates.
[close]

Obv these ideas are not fleshed out. I just thought of them & wanted to put them onto here for discussion.

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »
I really like the Crusade idea.
And the idea about refreshing forum games, I think the rotation is smart, but will come when it is more peaceful in the world, I for example would find it hard to continue a game if it was paused just when I was in a crisis.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #622 on: September 19, 2016, 02:59:03 pm »
A crusades game would be amazing; and probably very easy to bring more people into the forum game section, so we can have even more fun!

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 22, 2016, 01:50:47 am »
Right now, BoP: Napoleonic Wars is ongoing while RtD: ZSC is currently in development. I will update the main board. If you have a game you would like to see developed, please note that these 2 games currently have top priority and focus.

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:23 am »
RtD: ZSC will be better than my last. I will exceed the limits and 'imagin-aaaation'!

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 22, 2016, 02:48:40 pm »
I'm thinking of revamping AoE but bringing it forwards to begin in the 1500s. Thoughts?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #626 on: September 22, 2016, 02:49:13 pm »
I'm thinking of revamping AoE but bringing it forwards to begin in the 1500s. Thoughts?
depends. Are you gonna have more "personal issues" and quit befor the game  really even starts?

And why is it that everyone wants to start a game now after volk just started hers? Like hello where were you guys a month ago?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:51:13 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »
depends. Are you gonna have more "personal issues" and quit befor the game  really even starts?
Well considering the "personal issues" were unexpected and one I'd rather you didn't bring up again, no I won't quit before the game really starts.

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2016, 02:57:48 pm »
YES PLEASE
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Offline Nativemann

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 22, 2016, 03:04:14 pm »
And why is it that everyone wants to start a game now after volk just started hers? Like hello where were you guys a month ago?
I didn't know the state of the Forum games, and was preoccupied after ending my other one. But I already talked to Volk about it, and I'm setting up so not overwhelm the populace.