Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 232769 times)

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #2025 on: May 08, 2018, 08:04:38 pm »
de fucc Olaf

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2026 on: May 09, 2018, 07:12:37 am »
Glad to see "reenactement politics" are the same everywhere...

For us, it means that at the very least you can get a pair of more or less authentic shoes, leatherwork, greatcoat, bonnet/pokalem, shako, trousers, gun and preferably a backpack.
But I secured enough gear that this would only be necessary if I have to equip more than 6 guys. I can fully equip 6 guys, and the next 2 guys would only be missing a habit veste if I were to equip 8.
I have also exchanged some of the shitty gear with less shitty gear just recently, meaning I could potentially equip up to 12 people, if I did it the 85e style.

Not the first time I ask you Olaf, but are you selling drugs ? Seems the only answer to all this investment capacity

I am simply not throwing away/selling our old gear, so all the crappy stuff goes into the depot to loan to other people. And we are getting new gear ALL the time, because we are constantly trying to improve our impression. That also means that the depot gear to loan gets better and better.

But yeah, I got a bunch of stuff here... + some more stuff at other peoples places.

Spoiler

[close]

To add to my previous post, the real point here is that we do not invite more people than we can equip, but the 85e Dutch are more than happy to invite anyone, even if they do not know if they can equip them.

It's for the best for sure... I would love to have the money power for doing the same ! Impressive. I really need to join you for a ww1 event one day.

Offline Stasiulek

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 09, 2018, 09:24:54 pm »
But yeah, I got a bunch of stuff here... + some more stuff at other peoples places.

Spoiler

[close]

Omg! How much did you spend for all?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Stasiulek

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 10, 2018, 07:17:55 pm »
I'm searching for any Legion du Danube uniforms pictures. Especially for any picture of its drummer. Does anyone have any pics like these?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #2029 on: May 11, 2018, 12:18:33 pm »
Join 33eme instead.

Offline Stasiulek

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 11, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »
Join 33eme instead.
What is 33eme? 12pp rules sry

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #2031 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:16 pm »
So I asked a Christine and apparently only 3 poeple, myself included need to be dressed, so that solves that mystery
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 13, 2018, 02:41:27 pm »
Also apparantly we were included in that number (there's just no logic here) so it will be 28 'men and women'. So I'm guessing 20 under arms including some non-firing guys. And I guess the Douane might also join them.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2033 on: May 13, 2018, 07:17:06 pm »
And we are supposedly now joined by 23 light infantrymen, making our company 30 men strong.

Which is quite surprising.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 13, 2018, 07:29:03 pm »
I think it's fair to say we are joining the twenty-three light infantrymen making their company thirty men strong.

Looks like it's going to be a good event. Can't wait to wear the new greatcoats.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 14, 2018, 08:46:05 am »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 23, 2018, 11:21:44 am »
So I guess that we and the Dutch 85e now officially split. Not that they seem to care in the least, which I suppose only shows it was bound to happen sooner or later. The whole situation is just retarded and could have so easily be avoided.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #2037 on: May 23, 2018, 01:55:19 pm »
Apparently Alexander isn't that content with it either
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2038 on: May 23, 2018, 02:55:46 pm »
Well Sean clearly insulted us in Quatre Bras, but we had no ability to do anything similar back, because anything we say or do would be held against us, anything he does just ignored. And sure enough, just leaving the discussion to avoid further escalation was held against us and perceived as "childish" but calling Casper asshole was not. RIGHT.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 23, 2018, 07:50:42 pm »
Apparently Alexander isn't that content with it either

He's not a member of the Dutch 85e though.

Some context: When I applied for membership a year ago, some members told the then-chair they didn't me to join. When I asked the chairman who these people were, he said they didn't want me know. I called this childish behavior: You're badmouthing someone behind their back and actively blocking his membership, yet refuse to talk an adult conversation about this or even to publically state who you are. It's almost internet trolling. There is no other way to describe this behavior then as childish. During our QB talk, Sean again referred to this statement. Apparantly, calling someone childish is the equalivent of cursing someone to the 10th generation.

Well Sean clearly insulted us in Quatre Bras, but we had no ability to do anything similar back, because anything we say or do would be held against us, anything he does just ignored. And sure enough, just leaving the discussion to avoid further escalation was held against us and perceived as "childish" but calling Casper asshole was not. RIGHT.

Everything in the conversation pissed me off. Sean's complete lack of consistency. The fact he couldn't name any examples and then stating he doesn't have to list any examples. Saying 'my tone' was wrong because I spoke slightly agited. The fact that after 3.5 months of absolutely zero outreach, he still asked if we 'couldn't discuss this tomorrow'. Sean so clearly didn't care about reaching any kind of compromise, and then just insulted me and the German 85e. And I when I walk away to calm down, again, this is used against me.

Seriously, if there ever was a time to reach a compromise, it was right there. And Sean chose the full offensive. If he so desperately wants a split on bad terms, I guess we have no choice but to oblidge him.