Author Topic: Dragoons are way too underpowered  (Read 5951 times)

Offline TheSnowHindu

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Nr42_Hpmt_TheSnowHindu ex 42nd
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Dragoons are way too underpowered
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 12:32:44 pm »
It doesnt matter how underpowered they are, if we go back to the days of the musketoon drive by then I'm going back to native.
As for their inaccuracy, try firing a gun with both hands on a horse without actually holding on to the horse, if you can do that then join the queens household cavalry.
Dragoons are underpowered but they're dragoons, so keep them that way.

Offline Outside

• Private
  • Outside b' goin' inside
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Outside
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:54 pm »
Firing on horseback is way too inaccurate, its hard to hit anything. And the horses are slowers compared to hussars and lancers, so how are dragoons supposed to escape from them?

Bring back musketoon on horseback. Hussars and lancers are way too powerful compared to dragoons.
its so fkimg easy.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »
If you have ever been with a group of folks that properly play the dragoon class, you would know that they aren't underpowered.
Spend some time as dragoon, as Russian ones (we played russian anyways), they have the cavalry muskets, granted.

They are then basicly light infantry with an ability to be somewhere fast, very fast.

I also experienced proper dragoons as enemy, and sweet jesus that single dragoon company was fucking everywhere.

It is true that dragoons barely pack a punch when used as hussars: they aren't fast enough. But they work just as well against rifles and artillery as any other cavalry class.
It's just incredibly stupid to use them as tank cavalry. They aren't made for it.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 07:14:56 pm »
Firing on horseback is way too inaccurate, its hard to hit anything. And the horses are slowers compared to hussars and lancers, so how are dragoons supposed to escape from them?

Bring back musketoon on horseback. Hussars and lancers are way too powerful compared to dragoons.
its so fkimg easy.
Try to avoid a necro post, it's been almost 9 months since the previous reply.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 11:24:58 pm »
Oh, what the hell? Didn't even notice.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline CakeFarts

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 11:21:53 pm »

Underpowered? Dragoons are the most annoying cav in the game. All they do is shoot and in away, and your trying to get it to have musketoons and be faster? They should just take hussars out of the game if this is what you are wanting. Each cav balances out to another, or makes it so that it is always vulnerable. I.e hussars are fast but with shorter swords and their horses have less health. If the dragoons were faster how would a hussar or a lancer catch up to it? That is the vulnerability of the dragoon, its slow speed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:25:20 pm by CakeFarts »
Are you banned form NA1 and don't want people to know who you are? Message me on here and I'll see what i can do. You won't have to give me any details besides the ones required for the unban appeal.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »
Remember they're not to atually be used as a warhorse. They are for transportation of the troops.