Author Topic: Melee Only Event  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Melee Only Event
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:38:42 pm »
We need an event that focuses on melee so we can introduce casual regiments to the more skilled and in my opinion more fun aspect of the game. I think a melee-only conquest or capture the flag event would be perfect. We used to do this in the 63e after training to practice and also for fun. It is a good way for casual regiments to get a taste of what a groupfight would be like. This could also introduce more new players to servers like BoB Groupfighting or BBG Duel.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Melee Only Event
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:42:27 pm »
We need an event that focuses on melee so we can introduce casual regiments to the more skilled and in my opinion more fun aspect of the game. I think a melee-only conquest or capture the flag event would be perfect. We used to do this in the 63e after training to practice and also for fun. It is a good way for casual regiments to get a taste of what a groupfight would be like. This could also introduce more new players to servers like BoB Groupfighting or BBG Duel.

I as the future Com Rep endorse this idea

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 08:47:01 pm »
On EU there was a melee only siege. It was quite enjoyable imo. Not a lot of people enjoyed it though.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 08:59:05 pm »
On EU there was a melee only siege. It was quite enjoyable imo. Not a lot of people enjoyed it though.

I wonder if it was the siege part or the map design that people didn't like. Or just that they didn't like melee.

I feel like conquest is pretty well suited for melee only because it will be like small groupfights for parts of land. Survivors would have to hold out in that spot against waves of enemies, and good players could make a big impact. It would be interesting to see.

Good maps make a huge difference also. The long time running back just to get killed again is what I think would turn most people off. If there was a way to make things more fast paced I think it would be better.

Suns

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:59 pm »
we need this.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 10:07:10 pm »
why don't you try hosting a king of the hill mode game event and just set melee only to on.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 11:05:13 pm »
These were called line only events but I'm afraid anything like that isn't going to go down well most casual regiment's don't even go on group fighting or duel servers

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:09 pm »
These were called line only events but I'm afraid anything like that isn't going to go down well most casual regiment's don't even go on group fighting or duel servers

Part of what I think this will do is encourage more casual players to go on those servers. Melee is more fun than getting shot and waiting 15 minutes and if it's done right hopefully players would see that.

why don't you try hosting a king of the hill mode game event and just set melee only to on.

I don't have the time, server, or experience to organize one which is why I'd like to see someone else run it. If a group of us got together to figure it out I think we could.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47:05 pm »
old causal events were so much better. you didn't have to wait 15mins dead because of the hill camping. that has been happening in pub events since like mid-late 2017 so much. I use to merc a lot months ago and there were only 3 rounds in one event every week like that is so boring and annoying. before you could do several round that lasted about under 10min and get like 6-8 rounds. think these were the line only events though. it's just so boring with a round being 15min of hill camping. part of it to is the admins. besides a few, most admins let that happen and that is why it continues to happen.

maybe i should host a line only event
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:49:18 pm by Risk_ »

|Viper|

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 11:50:41 pm »
Sounds fun.

MATT123456789

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 01:07:08 am »
The reason this will not work, is because the noobs will get absolutely swamped by veteran melee'ers.

Many times I have been on duels or groupfight with one or two other players who were obviously new to the game and I just kill them 20 times in a row and they quit the game out of frustration because it's not fun when you lose 99 percent of the time.

We could make this work though, if we had a ranking system like CSGO, to put the noobs with the noobs, the average with the average, and the pros with the pros.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 01:35:03 am »
The reason this will not work, is because the noobs will get absolutely swamped by veteran melee'ers.

Many times I have been on duels or groupfight with one or two other players who were obviously new to the game and I just kill them 20 times in a row and they quit the game out of frustration because it's not fun when you lose 99 percent of the time.

We could make this work though, if we had a ranking system like CSGO, to put the noobs with the noobs, the average with the average, and the pros with the pros.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 01:52:52 am »
old causal events were so much better. you didn't have to wait 15mins dead because of the hill camping. that has been happening in pub events since like mid-late 2017 so much. I use to merc a lot months ago and there were only 3 rounds in one event every week like that is so boring and annoying. before you could do several round that lasted about under 10min and get like 6-8 rounds. think these were the line only events though. it's just so boring with a round being 15min of hill camping. part of it to is the admins. besides a few, most admins let that happen and that is why it continues to happen.

maybe i should host a line only event
Events now does a time limit every round before an All-Charge is called. Me and Vetro tried hosting a line only months ago and only got 3 regiments to do it but if you can find enough regs then host it.

Suns

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 02:00:11 am »

|Viper|

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 02:00:34 am »