Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 282237 times)

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2115 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:48 pm »
Tbh, that's when the show was airing. At this point if you watched the show and cared enough to post on a thread about it than you're caught up. If not then, rip eyes I guess. If you don't got the time to catch up to the season, then you shouldn't have the time to whine about spoilers. Again, it was for when the show aired to avoid spoils after like 48 hours.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:11:39 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2116 on: July 28, 2016, 10:11:47 pm »
Oh yea I agree, even when the season was airing you'd have to be retarded to look at the thread *cough* Ted.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 28, 2016, 10:43:45 pm »
Let's keep the spoilers on for the major things.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2118 on: July 29, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
God, that last scene still infuriates me. Why'd I rewatch it. All those people just standing straight and forward like they're not going to get bored for the days of travel. The only ships that makes any sense at all with is the unsullied ships, but I doubt they have great sea legs. And why the fuck is there a ship full of dothraki that are actively engaging in the sailing process, as if they have any fucking clue what they're doing, let alone aren't getting seasick? Riding horses and the occasional walking is extremely different than standing on a boat. And how the hell did they get all those Targaryen sails ready so fucking quickly? I guess the 'liberated' slaves of Meereen still manage to keep busy. And what's with the fucking dragon figureheads? Was the surviving Targaryen fleet from Robert's Rebellion just sitting in the docks of the Tyrells and Martells for all this time? I doubt the Ironborn would hold onto anything that doesn't have a kracken on it, so I don't imagine them keeping any ships of theirs, especially after the Greyjoy Rebellion.

I feel like the bigger and bigger this show gets, the more spread out their teams and resources get, meaning any ol' idiot can direct a scene and have no idea how to direct it because they have no life experiences to base any of it off of. "I went to film school yuck yuck yuck!"

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2119 on: July 30, 2016, 12:09:25 am »
God, that last scene still infuriates me. Why'd I rewatch it. All those people just standing straight and forward like they're not going to get bored for the days of travel. The only ships that makes any sense at all with is the unsullied ships, but I doubt they have great sea legs. And why the fuck is there a ship full of dothraki that are actively engaging in the sailing process, as if they have any fucking clue what they're doing, let alone aren't getting seasick? Riding horses and the occasional walking is extremely different than standing on a boat. And how the hell did they get all those Targaryen sails ready so fucking quickly? I guess the 'liberated' slaves of Meereen still manage to keep busy. And what's with the fucking dragon figureheads? Was the surviving Targaryen fleet from Robert's Rebellion just sitting in the docks of the Tyrells and Martells for all this time? I doubt the Ironborn would hold onto anything that doesn't have a kracken on it, so I don't imagine them keeping any ships of theirs, especially after the Greyjoy Rebellion.

I feel like the bigger and bigger this show gets, the more spread out their teams and resources get, meaning any ol' idiot can direct a scene and have no idea how to direct it because they have no life experiences to base any of it off of. "I went to film school yuck yuck yuck!"

+1 on everything.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #2120 on: July 30, 2016, 12:22:30 am »

I fucking thought that the green and yellow and red and orange where like ships from the captured Yunkyai or Astapor fleets. I didn't realize they where Tyrell and Dornish nor did I realize that Varys was there. They completely killed the scene by adding in all of these impossible things for no reason. No person would notice this, unless if they where looking for something wrong. They're fucking idiots. J.K Rowling was the smartest person when it came to movies based on books, she made sure she had to greenlight everything. GRRM should have did the same as well as Bernard Cornwell and Susan Collins. Movies and T.V shows destroy books.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #2121 on: July 30, 2016, 12:58:16 am »
Yeah the show is becoming mainstream lads. The hollywood phase has set in. Such a shame, Weiss had potential.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 30, 2016, 01:47:30 am »
Yeah the show is becoming mainstream lads. The hollywood phase has set in. Such a shame, Weiss had potential.

It is quite funny to notice how incredibly different seasons 4-6 were compared to 1-3, not for the good of the show.

The last two episodes of season 6 were good tho, but the whole storytelling is kinda messed up. It got extremely chaotic from season 4 on and seems to be getting less chaotic for the final two seasons. That is only due to D&D killing half the cast and a lot of characters (finally) coming together so you'll have fewer different character based scenes, if that makes sense.

Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #2123 on: July 30, 2016, 06:16:01 pm »
I wish I had never subbed to this thread
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 30, 2016, 09:48:10 pm »
Oh you did? Let me spam it a bit more!

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #2125 on: July 30, 2016, 10:00:08 pm »
Oh you did? Let me spam it a bit more!
This is your last warning Olafson. After that I'll have to mute you.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2126 on: July 30, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »
Game of Thrones officially ending after 8 seasons:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3716127/HBO-confirms-smash-hit-Game-Thrones-conclude-season-eight.html

Also next season will only be seven episodes, and season 8 may only have six. All been rumoured for ages but it's now finally confirmed. Apparently HBO wanted ten full seasons, but D&D didn't want to do it. Sounds like they're really fucking bored of doing the show and just want it to end so they can go on to something new lol (I mean it's not as if they're running out of ideas or aren't being paid enough). Though to be honest if that's the case they should just quit and let someone else take the helm.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 31, 2016, 02:13:15 am »
I don't see why HBO is not going to milk the shit out of the viewers. They could continue this series for years and people would still watch it.
It is one of the most popular series in the world...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2128 on: July 31, 2016, 02:18:07 am »
I don't see why HBO is not going to milk the shit out of the viewers. They could continue this series for years and people would still watch it.
It is one of the most popular series in the world...
All good things must come to an end. It might also have to do with the massive 4+ million dollar per episode budget taking a toll with the torrenting of episodes.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2129 on: July 31, 2016, 04:36:00 am »
GoT is extremely lucrative for HBO despite all the torrenting-if it wasn't then they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a sixth season, plus they've signed off on significantly increasing the show's budget over its lifetime. They looked quite keen to take it all the way to season 10 so HBO must be kinda pissed at D&D stopping their cash cow.

Interestingly there was a show HBO did with the BBC called 'Rome' (this was 2005-2007), and it was a similar big budget production that was popular back then (not quite on the same level as GoT mind, but still won a tonne of awards and had millions of viewers worldwide). It was basically GoT set during the Roman Republic, depicted lots of sex, violence, intrigue etc and a lot of the production staff on 'Rome' went on to work on GoT. In fact a lot of the actors from Rome like Ciarán Hinds, Indira Varma, Tobias Menzies, and others also went on to appear in GoT. Problem was it was extremely expensive (something like $9 million per episode, compared to GoT which costs more like $6 million), and they ended it after season 2 as the BBC and HBO weren't getting enough of a return. So basically it's highly unlikely HBO would have continued with GoT if it wasn't delivering a big enough return given how ruthless they've been in the past. 'Rome' was HBO's first massive-scale big budget production and was arguably GoT's trial-run, so without it there would have been no GoT. If anyone hasn't seen it I'd definitely recommend it.
http://www.ew.com/article/2014/02/17/rome-hbo