Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 527484 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3885 on: June 21, 2018, 12:12:13 am »
You've been Toffee'd, Steven. Best give up while you still have some brain cells left
Funny how you say that but have nothing against my point. You actually think this is comparable to Nazism is insane. You could say that he’s talking about Imperialism but Germany isn’t trying to create an empire. The mentality in Germany in 1939 was one of racism and global domination. It’s a poor comparison which was the only point I was making (I actually agree that they’re kind of being arseholes based on the point you’ve made) but Being selfish is a different beast than starting a god damn world war. Some Brits love to criticise Germany for continually taking with contribution but that’s what the UK has been moaning about for a while.

And William you quoted that but didn’t say anything back to my point against you since you enjoy locking kids in cages and watching your country fall apart a little bit more every day.

Gordo and William struggle to have conversations outside of circle jerking so they resort chatting shite instead.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:41:36 am by Toffee »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3886 on: June 21, 2018, 01:48:33 am »
You've been Toffee'd, Steven. Best give up while you still have some brain cells left
You could say that he’s talking about Imperialism but Germany isn’t trying to create an empire

The major feature of an empire is the ability to extract resources from the periphery to the metropole.

The EU is of course German dominated; it has been for some time and will be for the foreseeable future. As to whether the EU has become a kind of German imperial project that's a whole different subject. What I would say is that the 'Mitteleuropa' and 'limited sovereignty' plans adopted by the German High Command during WWI are interesting reading. I'm not alleging some kind of grand conspiracy, it's basically just pure luck that Germany has got to where it is.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #3887 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:24 am »
We have been locking kids in cages for years.  It's only coming out now because the Obama circle-jerk has ended.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 21, 2018, 02:22:41 am »
You could say that he’s talking about Imperialism but Germany isn’t trying to create an empire

The major feature of an empire is the ability to extract resources from the periphery to the metropole.

The EU is of course German dominated; it has been for some time and will be for the foreseeable future. As to whether the EU has become a kind of German imperial project that's a whole different subject. What I would say is that the 'Mitteleuropa' and 'limited sovereignty' plans adopted by the German High Command during WWI are interesting reading. I'm not alleging some kind of grand conspiracy, it's basically just pure luck that Germany has got to where it is.
Of course the EU will be dominated by the larger nations. That’s just the nature of the organisation. In principle each member has their own vote but bigger countries have more sway. That doesn’t mean Germany is intending to turn the Europe into the fourth reich or something. Each member state is going to prioritise their own interests above others. France does it, Germany does it, the UK does it. It may be wrong but that’s just how it is. Politicians all talk about cooperation but they’re all out for personal gain no matter which country they’re from.

Sure the EU needs reform. But it’s impossible to do that from the outside. The EU is not an empire, and is certainly a better option than going it alone. The EU is a very close trading partner and the trade we have is vital to British interests, especially considering Trump’s extreme protectionism.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 21, 2018, 05:36:29 am »
I personally favour CANZUK over the EU and would like to see a union of Anglopshere states (minus the USA, which wouldn't want to join anyway) in my lifetime. There's real momentum for it too which is quite exciting and the NZ-AUS relationship provides a good template.

At the very least CANZUK should work towards completing defence integration which is already at quite an advanced stage.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3890 on: June 21, 2018, 07:58:25 am »
Because it's the only way the incompetent, bloated, and corrupt union steel jobs can hope to compete globally. You do it to get those votes. Democracy isn't enacting sound policy, it's enacting whatever placates the mob to where they reelect you.
I mean I know its for the votes, but economically speaking it just a loss.

USA leaving UN hooman rights council. Nice. At least we wont have to watch that disgusting creature Nikki Haley.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:01:56 am by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:26 am »
I personally favour CANZUK over the EU and would like to see a union of Anglopshere states (minus the USA, which wouldn't want to join anyway) in my lifetime. There's real momentum for it too which is quite exciting and the NZ-AUS relationship provides a good template.

At the very least CANZUK should work towards completing defence integration which is already at quite an advanced stage.
But natural geography means the EU will always be a large trading partner. In the absence of a deal the tariffs could hit the economy real hard.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #3892 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:06 am »
Because it's the only way the incompetent, bloated, and corrupt union steel jobs can hope to compete globally. You do it to get those votes. Democracy isn't enacting sound policy, it's enacting whatever placates the mob to where they reelect you.

But sadly, none of that really matters. The public doesn't care about what is good for the longevity of the nation and their future children, they care about their gratification now. It's why the U.S. debt will never be reigned in, anyone who tries to cut here or there gets voted out; it's much easier for the public to accept that they're ruining their kid's future than to take on temporary hardships themselves.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:14 am »
British people accusing a country of imperialist policies. Ha.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 21, 2018, 11:31:13 am »
That was part of the point I was trying to make but sadly everyone here has a habit of over reaction.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #3895 on: June 21, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »
In the meantime our latest Dutch poltical crisis was a Turkish (pro-Erdogan) political party faking an add for Geert Wilder's party that said 'let's cleanse the Netherlands [of maroccans/immigrants, red]'. Sometimes I count myself lucky with the fanatically boring politicians we have.

Spoiler
love you, Sybrand
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »
Brtish imperialism in the past has nothing to do with german imperialism in present times. UK seems to be going more for old USA seclusion with brexit. So a nice 'humorous' remark but pretty invalid.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:40:53 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 21, 2018, 01:43:51 pm »
If you’re referencing German imperialism in the 20th century then you can’t disregard someone talking about British imperialism.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: June 21, 2018, 02:11:32 pm »
refugees welcome
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #3899 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:56 pm »

USA leaving UN hooman rights council. Nice. At least we wont have to watch that disgusting creature Nikki Haley.
Not like the council cares about human rights anyways

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)