Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524837 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3870 on: June 20, 2018, 06:53:52 pm »
“Germany is still as evil as they were in 1914 and 1939”

You didn’t mention mentality. You just spouted shit as though a democratic and peaceful country is comparable to murdering tens of millions of people. Doesn’t matter if their economic policies are right or wrong, either way it’s a ridiculous comparison.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3871 on: June 20, 2018, 08:08:09 pm »
I don't get your point.

For the third time Germany has unleashed mass suffering on a continental scale. You can say I'm 'spouting shit' but the economic fundamentals don't lie. Up until the creation of the Euro most European currencies had been strongly depreciating vs the Deutsche Mark for decades. If that had continued then German industrial dominance would have been threatened (particularly given regulatory and tariff barriers were being dismantled within the EEC/EU at the same time):
Spoiler
[close]

It's not a ridiculous comparison. Modern Germany is behaving as badly as it has done in the past, not including the genocides of course. It's more like the Germany of 1914 than 1939 if that makes it easier for you.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: June 20, 2018, 09:37:13 pm »
Looking out for your own economy over others might be an arsehole thing to do but it isn’t evil. Otherwise you must think Donald Trump is evil?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3873 on: June 20, 2018, 10:03:54 pm »
I can't go anywhere on social media without seeing a video of the kids in cages at the southern border of the U.S.

TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER AND THESE CAMPS ARE LITERALLY JUST LIKE AUSCHWITZ, LIKE LOOK AT THIS AERIAL PHOTO TO PROVE MY POINT AND IGNORE THAT THESE KIDS HAVE FOOD, WATER, A/C AND SCHOOL.

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: June 20, 2018, 10:14:28 pm »
I can't go anywhere on social media without seeing a video of the kids in cages at the southern border of the U.S.

TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER AND THESE CAMPS ARE LITERALLY JUST LIKE AUSCHWITZ, LIKE LOOK AT THIS AERIAL PHOTO TO PROVE MY POINT AND IGNORE THAT THESE KIDS HAVE FOOD, WATER, A/C AND SCHOOL.
They’re in cages and you think that’s okay?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: June 20, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »

I don't like them being in cages but their parents set them up for failure by coming here illegally. Breaking the law and then having a child doesn't mean you should just be exempt from breaking the law. A country without laws or borders is no country at all.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 20, 2018, 10:26:13 pm »

I don't like them being in cages but their parents set them up for failure by coming here illegally. Breaking the law and then having a child doesn't mean you should just be exempt from breaking the law. A country without laws or borders is no country at all.
Nobody says it should but that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to take the child and lock them up. You can deal with illegal immigrants without violating their human rights. The UN even says that the US should stop.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #3877 on: June 20, 2018, 10:40:02 pm »
Most of these children are too young to understand what is happening. On top of that, its just bad for a child's development to seperate it from a parent unless that parent has shown itself to neglect it. What is being done now is an issue that the US Government has with the parents and use their children to punish them. Its a low blow and if you really want to enforce this zero tolerance policy, then do it fairly. Evict the whole family out of the country but don't break up families. Don't punish the children for what their parents did.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 20, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »
Economic self-interest of states (and indeed individuals) is perfectly right and valid. The EU however has federal ambitions (don't forget that every German shares a common citizenship with the Southern Europeans, the first words on all our passports are 'European Union'), and the sight of Germany feeding off countries it's in economic and political union with is pretty outrageous. If European unity meant anything then *at the very least* there would be a system of fiscal transfers in place-you can't expect to continually take from the pot without putting anything back in it.

The bigger problem is that German economic policy is built around sacrificing Southern Europe in return for prosperity at home. The Euro is grossly undervalued compared to what the Deutsche Mark would have been, which gives German industry a big competitive advantage when exporting. But for countries like Greece, Spain, Italy etc it's grossly overvalued and that results in unemployment, low pay and stagnation. Germany needs those weaker states inside the club in order to keep the Euro relatively undervalued. Currency is the biggest economic adjustment mechanism there is, when you lose it then economic activity generally flows to the stronger regions (North/South divide in UK, North vs Mezzogiorno in Italy, etc). You can treat the symptoms primarily via fiscal transfers but Germany doesn't even want to do that, even when unemployment approached c.25-30% in several states.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 20, 2018, 11:05:17 pm »
Obviously I agree that it’s poor for Germany to prioritise themselves over other European states, but to compare that to Nazism is far fetched at best and stupid at worst. Being a dick isn’t the same as invading countries and slaughtering millions.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 20, 2018, 11:22:53 pm »
You've been Toffee'd, Steven. Best give up while you still have some brain cells left

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:26 pm »
You've been Toffee'd, Steven. Best give up while you still have some brain cells left
Spoiler
[close]

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 20, 2018, 11:27:06 pm »
I think Stevens' point is that German government is still acting as imperialist like it did in time of Second and Third Reich.

Oh and also Trumps policies are actually good for rest of the world while he is fucking over USA. USA has 4% unemployment rate which means their working force is 0. Why does he wants steel factories to return?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:29:26 pm by McPero »

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #3883 on: June 20, 2018, 11:44:09 pm »
Because it's the only way the incompetent, bloated, and corrupt union steel jobs can hope to compete globally. You do it to get those votes. Democracy isn't enacting sound policy, it's enacting whatever placates the mob to where they reelect you.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 21, 2018, 12:04:27 am »
Obviously I agree that it’s poor for Germany to prioritise themselves over other European states, but to compare that to Nazism is far fetched at best and stupid at worst. Being a dick isn’t the same as invading countries and slaughtering millions.

It's the same mentality that led to Nazism, but yeah I'm gonna leave it there lol.