Author Topic: Need help with Steam Guard authenticator  (Read 360 times)

Skaen

Need help with Steam Guard authenticator
« on: February 03, 2023, 12:26:01 pm »
Yo

My phone actually doesn't work anymore. Was listening some music yesterday night and it all worked fine and I locked it cause I went to sleep. I woke up today and my phone just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't even charge either. Now my question is, is it possible to have the authenticator from steam guard move over on an other phone without accessing it on my current phone? Cause I can't go on it obviously to get rid of it. And I obviously don't want to lose this steam acc.

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: Need help with Steam Guard authenticator
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 12:32:25 pm »
Yo

My phone actually doesn't work anymore. Was listening some music yesterday night and it all worked fine and I locked it cause I went to sleep. I woke up today and my phone just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't even charge either. Now my question is, is it possible to have the authenticator from steam guard move over on an other phone without accessing it on my current phone? Cause I can't go on it obviously to get rid of it. And I obviously don't want to lose this steam acc.
yeah youll just need your password and itll be fine, i recently changed my phone and it worked.

Skaen

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 12:38:39 pm »
So I don't have to put in a steam guard code showing on my current phone for logging into a new phone? That would be awesome.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:44:21 pm »
if i remember correctly it works with the phone number and not the phone itself. But i can be wrong on this one since idk if Blitz only just got a new phone and kept his number

Skaen

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 12:46:31 pm »
if i remember correctly it works with the phone number and not the phone itself. But i can be wrong on this one since idk if Blitz only just got a new phone and kept his number
Yeah I'm also keeping my exact same sim card with my number as well. Just the phone itself will be different. Never gonna buy an iPhone again. Always had some troubles with it really.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 12:49:45 pm »
i kept the simcard

Skaen

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 12:54:28 pm »
i kept the simcard
Yeah then I guess it would be weird if it would ask for my steam guard code if it didn't ask for yours. Thanks guys for helping me. I can finally stop worrying now. :P

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 03:52:12 pm »
if it wouldnt be linked to your phone number, steam guard wouldn't make sense at all.
Like i could access your steam account if i know your email and password and then just skip the steam guard by claiming i lost my phone

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Skaen

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 04:23:07 pm »
Yeah my steam guard is linked with my phone number. I have 2FA enabled atm. Just brought my phone in the store. Hope they can fix it honestly.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 04:37:58 pm by Axuss »