Author Topic: The best napoleonic wars regiment in history?  (Read 17132 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The best napoleonic wars regiment in history?
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2019, 02:03:04 pm »
Don't know if the 59th were ever any good competitively. Kaide a bit of a one trick pony with that middle of the line L formation  ;)

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »
Don't know if the 59th were ever any good competitively. Kaide a bit of a one trick pony with that middle of the line L formation  ;)

Haha glad you still remembered that L formation.

Our model was a bit different from most regiments. We had a regular supply of fresh recruits from our public servers (NWRP and Jailbreak). So unlike other regiments, we didn't need to keep harvesting the same old players, which allowed us to develop and train our own.

For over our 5-year history in NW our line company was never up there with the level of the 91st or 92nd. But was certainly up there in the top 5 after 2014. Though our Light company really was the best Light company in NW for a very long time. From around 2013 - 2018. Till we left for holdfast. Our Cav company was excellent too and developed a decent reputation. Towards the end, we were one of only a few regiments that could field three companies without attendance issue. So man for man we were not the best. In terms of fielding three highly skilled and well-attended companies, we were one of the best.

Though, I'll never forget the 59th & 15YR coalition in that brigade cup final against the 33rd and 77Y. 59th lights and cavalry made short work of the 77y and 33rd. Combined with the melee of the 15YR!. Most average FSE plebs won't give the 59th credit. Though most NW leaders accept that the 59th achieved alot and was well known for its good community stability, great events and good discipline and large numbers. That helped keep NW public servers playable with NWRP and Jailbreak. Many regiments managed to recruit new players of our community servers.

The K-KA brigade in its day was fantastic. It won the Napoleon Cavalry Cup and the NWL in the same year. So I'd say the K-KA was the greatest with that achievement. Major respect to the K-KA in that regard. And over the years they had good (meme) Rifles like the 60th. The K-KA could field 60 men and would dominate with its line, light and cavalry in its day. The K-KA was the only real competition to the 59th in terms of skill and size. Though in terms of stability and longevity, we edge it because of course, the K-K was a brigade and the 59th a unified regiment.

I felt the 77y were great but lacked cavalry and there skirms were very open to being killed by cavalry. I never understood why the 77y continued to have Arty. When most NW events moved past this Arty events after 2013. Though the 77y certainly has the oldest line, skirms and arty company in NW.

For me the K-KA was the greatest overall regiment, without a doubt.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:51:37 pm by sirkaide »

Offline WaterPolo

• Private
  • www.nwrp.eu
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2019, 08:58:12 pm »
59th definitely the best regiment in NW history!

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2019, 09:46:44 pm »
I felt the 77y were great but lacked cavalry and there skirms were very open to being killed by cavalry.
Well we had our bois the Bruhlans, and 15thHussars to some extent
Also Mal's demand was that if we got 100 people for events we could get a cav detachment.
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2019, 09:55:16 pm »
Kaide always spouting bullshit, 18e was around before you even formed the 59th and played alongside and against all those regiments.

Hard to believe 6 years later Kaide is still mad about the time I banned him from my teamspeak in 2013 for calling my regiment shit o.0

Anyways, Longevity meant something a while ago. I wouldn't really say the same now. Games done boys.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:58:51 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2019, 02:30:36 am »
Spoiler
rip cav regiments

not gone but forgotten

How many Cav only regiments are there in EU?

Not enough!
Same here in NA, I dont think there are any other Cavalry only regiments anymore in NA except for the one I run (61e)
[close]
eh thats not true there are a couple 1erPLG, 1LH (reformed) 2eDLG just came back nr9, we do cav every week as Pgp so your not the only one but its more dead now than before.
wheres the love?

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2019, 04:30:35 am »
Kaide always spouting bullshit, 18e was around before you even formed the 59th and played alongside and against all those regiments.

Hard to believe 6 years later Kaide is still mad about the time I banned him from my teamspeak in 2013 for calling my regiment shit o.0

Anyways, Longevity meant something a while ago. I wouldn't really say the same now. Games done boys.

John Price, don't try and call me out mate and don't get angry ****.  Feel free to prove that the 18e was led by you 6 years ago? Thread or Youtube? You've disbanded and reformed more times than Dan the Man and NotMovement combined. You've perhaps joined a dozen regiment over the years. I joined the 33rd and then made the 59th three months after getting NW and it's still going past 6 years. You've earned your place in NW history Price but not for the best reasons. You lacked the charisma and character that many NW leaders had. But somehow you managed to keep disbanding and reforming, that in itself is a success, so fair play.

I felt the 77y were great but lacked cavalry and there skirms were very open to being killed by cavalry.
Well we had our bois the Bruhlans, and 15thHussars to some extent
Also Mal's demand was that if we got 100 people for events we could get a cav detachment.

Ahh. Worth mentioning your Arty, wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, it was fantastic, though most events moved past arty events after 2014. The 15th were great. 77y was epic in its day.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:36:21 pm by sirkaide »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2019, 04:57:09 am »

We go back to May of 2013 but I don't think I have anything sooner. Lets not go on about the name change from 83rd to 18e we just wanted to change the rank structure, it featured all the same people. Even then our name change was January 2014 same as your formation.

I JUST WANTED TO COME BACK AND GET REVENGE ON 22nd BUT WE KEPT TRYING AND IT NEVER WORKED ALRIGHT IM NOT UPSET ABOUT IT EVEN NOW.

GOD FKN DAMN IT MURPHY
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:04:46 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2019, 01:44:51 pm »

We go back to May of 2013 but I don't think I have anything sooner. Lets not go on about the name change from 83rd to 18e we just wanted to change the rank structure, it featured all the same people. Even then our name change was January 2014 same as your formation.

I JUST WANTED TO COME BACK AND GET REVENGE ON 22nd BUT WE KEPT TRYING AND IT NEVER WORKED ALRIGHT IM NOT UPSET ABOUT IT EVEN NOW.

GOD FKN DAMN IT MURPHY

So your regiment renamed and disbanded because Murphy nonced your regiment, great story. Good luck with your competition.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:46:27 pm by sirkaide »

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2019, 02:25:03 pm »
hard choice to really make my top 5 in no particular order would be 91st, 92nd, Nr24, 17e and 14e

Just from back in the day those regiments always stuck in my head, for performance and achievements

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2019, 02:37:43 pm »
There's no need for personal insults now is their Kaide.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2019, 03:46:02 pm »
If you insult my liege lord again >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2019, 03:55:43 pm »
There's no need for personal insults now is their Kaide.

Truth hurts

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2019, 04:02:26 pm »
If you insult my liege lord again >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hosea stay dead

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2019, 06:03:24 pm »
wheres the love?