Author Topic: BUG REPORT: mm_wall1 turns to invalid object after destroyed.  (Read 2450 times)

Offline profy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Le_Profyteur
  • Side: Neutral
Re: BUG REPORT: mm_wall1 turns to invalid object after destroyed.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 12:22:13 pm »
I have exactly the same problem since the update

2011-->2017 IVe Corps :heart:

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »
You are not supposed to test stuff in scene edit mode. It is not intended to work. That is why there is a scene edit mode. It disables all scripts. Test your maps in a real gamemode.

Offline profy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Le_Profyteur
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 07:38:34 pm »
You are not supposed to test stuff in scene edit mode. It is not intended to work. That is why there is a scene edit mode. It disables all scripts. Test your maps in a real gamemode.

Personally I never work in editing mode, it is completely useless except to move a cannon ... But I reconfirm the statements of my colleague mapper, the object mm_wall1 is bugged when it is destroyed--> ?invalid object?. And let it be in siege, battle, conquest ect ...

And I dare to ask for a hotfix to fix once and for all the bugs ....   or is it too much to ask?

And, Why can the guns have a certain size when they have a pose, and once the card is restarted, the cannon has reduced by about 20%? I specify that the boxes "random rotation" and "random size" are not checked
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:52:01 pm by profy »

2011-->2017 IVe Corps :heart:

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 04:23:15 am »

Personally I never work in editing mode, it is completely useless except to move a cannon ... But I reconfirm the statements of my colleague mapper, the object mm_wall1 is bugged when it is destroyed--> ?invalid object?. And let it be in siege, battle, conquest ect ...

And I dare to ask for a hotfix to fix once and for all the bugs ....   or is it too much to ask?

And, Why can the guns have a certain size when they have a pose, and once the card is restarted, the cannon has reduced by about 20%? I specify that the boxes "random rotation" and "random size" are not checked
it is best to make maps in scene editing mode and test them in actual game modes.

anyways, i have been blowing up a lot of the mm_wall1 in different game modes.    it does put the "?" down if you just put them down in the editor, saved, then blew them up.  if you hit start map, the wall behaves as it should when it comes to destruction.(with scene edit being an exception)  you should always hit start map after putting down or removing props when it comes to testing them.

"And I dare to ask for a hotfix to fix once and for all the bugs ....  or is it too much to ask?"  yes it is.   you have to be realistic.   we want to knock out as many bugs as possible for the hotfix but there is no way to knock out every single last one.   especially the bugs we don't even know about.  there is also the time factor. 

and can you go into more detail for the last bit.  i put a cannon down, resized it, saved, and changed to an actual game mode and it's working fine.  it is reseting as it should.  it is still the same size.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Cuddly_Kitty

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 11:32:59 pm »

Found out it works just fine in other game modes.

I'm aware of scripts not being enabled, but it used to work as normal even in scene editing.

-edit: locked because solved
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:35:47 pm by Cuddly_Kitty »