Author Topic: The Final Fall Of Napoleon: Waterloo 1815  (Read 22756 times)

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Fight For Canada (1812 Modification) New Screenshots
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:52 am »
Could you change one tiny thing for me?
Change the Canadian Fencibles to the New Foundland Fencibles as they we one of the few Regular Infantry regiments in Canada at the time.

And could you Change the 7th Batt 60th Rifles to the 2nd Battalion 95th Rifles they fought at New Orleans and put the 60th as Light infantry because they wore Green like Rifles but were armed with muskets.
Im not changing Canadian Fencible Infantry because it represents all of the fencible units in the war and the 60th are Royal Americans which fought in the campaign. 95th is a bit too late in the war and peace was really signed before new orleans

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 01:18:59 am »
Change the Canadian Fencibles to the New Foundland Fencibles as they we one of the few Regular Infantry regiments in Canada at the time.

And could you Change the 7th Batt 60th Rifles to the 2nd Battalion 95th Rifles they fought at New Orleans and put the 60th as Light infantry because they wore Green like Rifles but were armed with muskets.
Im not changing Canadian Fencible Infantry because it represents all of the fencible units in the war and the 60th are Royal Americans which fought in the campaign. 95th is a bit too late in the war and peace was really signed before new orleans

This is true but I insist that the 7/60th become light due to muskets being issued to them.
And as the 95th can't be a class as the came after peace in 1814 this means you can not have the 93rd as they arrived with the 3/95th
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:21:34 am by MadManYo »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »
If you need some help, I own a book which discusses uniforms during the Napoleonic Wars. There is one paragraph about the US during the war of 1812. It's not much, but perhaps it helps you...
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »

This is true but I insist that the 7/60th become light due to muskets being issued to them.
And as the 95th can't be a class as the came after peace in 1814 this means you can not have the 93rd as they arrived with the 3/95th
could you tell me a different highland unit which fought before peace than

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:10 pm »

could you tell me a different highland unit which fought before peace than

You don't have to have highlanders. If you wanted you could delete the Scottish taunts and copy and paste the English ones.

And use a different texture for them.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 01:24:19 am »
If you want a unique looking regiment, replace the Highlanders with the Canadian Voltigeurs. Just change the Scottish taunts to French ones.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 12:26:28 pm »
I did some research of all regiments in Canada (UK troops) and there is 2 other Scottish regiment,
The 70th Glasgow lowland regiment (Line Infantry) but there is no history about any involment in the fighting.the 90th Perthshire Volenteers (Light inf) no fighting in 1812 but was the garrison of Quebec

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 12:48:22 pm »
I did some research of all regiments in Canada (UK troops) and there is 2 other Scottish regiment,
The 70th Glasgow lowland regiment (Line Infantry) but there is no history about any involment in the fighting.the 90th Perthshire Volenteers (Light inf) no fighting in 1812 but was the garrison of Quebec
Indeed, I imagine they were tired after spending about 90% of they're time in Africa.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »
You could have 3 well know regiments as line infantry such as the 88th Connaught Ranger, the 82nd Prince of Wales Volenteers and the 57th West Middlesex (Die Hards)

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 04:28:19 pm »
You could have 3 well know regiments as line infantry such as the 88th Connaught Ranger, the 82nd Prince of Wales Volenteers and the 57th West Middlesex (Die Hards)
i think the 41st which had a lot of action and the Canadian Fencibles are the best choices cause they fought most in the campaign along witht he 8th Kings actions at fort york

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 04:34:49 pm »
Don't forget about the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders. They were in the Americas later during the War of 1812 and participated in the Battle of New Orleans. They didn't actually wear kilts, they wore trousers with that tartan on it.
Illustration of the 93rd
[close]

Also, the 7/60th Royal American should be under light infantry, as they were issued muskets, not rifles. The riflemen, if you choose to use them should be the 95th Rifles, since that seems to be the only actual British rifle regiment in the war, unless you want to use a Canadian regiment, if they even had one with rifles.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:41:48 pm by kpetschulat »

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 05:06:55 pm »
Don't forget about the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders. They were in the Americas later during the War of 1812 and participated in the Battle of New Orleans. They didn't actually wear kilts, they wore trousers with that tartan on it.
Illustration of the 93rd
[close]

Also, the 7/60th Royal American should be under light infantry, as they were issued muskets, not rifles. The riflemen, if you choose to use them should be the 95th Rifles, since that seems to be the only actual British rifle regiment in the war, unless you want to use a Canadian regiment, if they even had one with rifles.

Good luck.

I made a simmiler point earlier but I was told the the 95th Arrived too late to be put in so I pointed out in that case he couldn't add the 93rd. Still waiting for a answer to our points after both of our posts.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »
i am keeping the roster they way it is. 93rd shall stay because they saw most action in new orleans and seem to be focused on more in books and videos.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 09:05:04 pm »
i am keeping the roster they way it is. 93rd shall stay because they saw most action in new orleans and seem to be focused on more in books and videos.
The facts are here and show that the 95th Should replace the 60th and the 60th should rightly be Light.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 09:22:42 pm »
The facts are here and show that the 95th Should replace the 60th and the 60th should rightly be Light.
93rd will stay but i have changed the 60th to the 95th only because they carried rifles