Author Topic: Rome: Total War  (Read 16764 times)

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
Rome: Total War
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:31:28 pm »
I noticed there was a thread for RTW2 and that's not even out yet, so why not have a thread for the first? ;).

I have just started to overrun Rome as Gaul, using the new Darthmod - Rome, which is absolutely glorious. I love using massed Chosen Swordsmen with Samnite Mercenaries charges against their Principes. It really sends a chill down my spine. I can't really do anything as Gaul in Vanilla though, as their only unique unit is their forester warband. xD
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:33:19 pm by Windbusche »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
Re: Rome: Total War
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »
Use to play in the clan community on this game. Great times. One of the best games ever made, sp & mp.

Offline Jarvisimo

• Corporal
  • Lead Developer of The Veiled Stars
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jarvisimo
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »
I must agree.
Screenies Wind, I've been doing so on the Nappy thread. Infact, what about a 'Total War - Show your Empire'?

cause all ours modelers are mans and they more interests in nude woomans than nude mans

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »
If my screenies would bloody upload. Steam always gives me errors. I think it's because I have upwards of 3500 screenshots of M&B Scoreboards.

Offline Jarvisimo

• Corporal
  • Lead Developer of The Veiled Stars
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jarvisimo
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 06:44:27 pm »
If my screenies would bloody upload. Steam always gives me errors. I think it's because I have upwards of 3500 screenshots of M&B Scoreboards.
It's called Imgur, my dear.

cause all ours modelers are mans and they more interests in nude woomans than nude mans

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »
Just installed darthmod, doing a campaign as Thrace, bloody awesome.  :)

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 05:19:24 pm »
I tried Thrace. Didn't fit my liking. Their heavies early on though, just so broken. xD. Bastarnae are SO GOOD.

I haven't really continued my Gaul campaign as I've been copy pasting my vanilla folder alot to get more and more mods. :D

EDIT: What the fuck?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108735219&insideModal=1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:54:52 pm by Windbusche »

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:51:57 am »
RTW has to be my favourite total war game of all time. Maybe I just love it so much because it was my first though. :P

Also, might I recommend the mods Europa Barbarorum and Roma Surrectum II (my favourite) guys? They're superlative as far as realism and graphical quality go, and greatly enhance the experience. I cringe whenever I see vanilla screenshots now... :P

Feast your eyes on RSII: :D (well mostly on their Ptolemaic faction :P)
Spoiler

[close]
That brave Thracian in the last image deserves a medal. His unit was cut down save for him, yet he managed to make it out of that mob of Macedonians in the background. :o

Now compare the proper Egyptians of the period, to vanilla's take on them...
Spoiler

Yeah, I'll take Ptolemaic Egyptians over time travelling New Kingdom Egyptians any day of the week. :P
[close]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:31:18 am by Rogov »

Offline Cody the Awesome

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pulk_sibirskii_Efr_Cody
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 06:28:17 am »
I might suggest Europa Barbarorum, makes Roma Surrectum II look horrible, EB's Cataphract Models beat the entire RSII mod, did i mention EB has about 50 historical battles, and numerous awesome sub-mods.
ex-colonel of the 51st Regiment of light foot
(2nd yorkshire west riding)

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:24:51 am »
They're both great mods. I enjoy both, but I think I've played more of RSII... it's just so beautiful.

Can't wait for EBII though! :D (although I guess that doesn't belong in a RTW thread :P)

Offline Youp

• Captain
  • Skill is not an unlock, it's something you gain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Youp
  • Side: Union
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
Rome total War 2 will be great :)
Gazeilles Youp
Ex- Regimental Sergeant Major of the 4e Grenadiers, Served the regiment for 2,5 years

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:00 pm »
I was playing as the Greeks and my Strategos - who has been sitting in the capitol for too long - decides that it is time to avenge the Macedonian aggression which recently resulted in the death of one of his family members. Mind you, he's 71 years old at this point. He takes his youngest son with him, mainly to observe and learn. The battle was on open ground near Larissa and the two armies faced off. The Greek army was made up of Armored Hoplites, with Illyrian mercenaries acting as light infantry to protect the flanks and Cretan archers positioned behind the hoplite lines to protect them from cavalry and infantry attack. When the massive amounts of Macedonian cavalry attempted to flank the Greek hoplites, I turned the flanks of my lines, and the Macedonian cavalry met nothing but a wall of spears and shields. Thracian mercenaries that I positioned on my left flank ripped apart the Macedonian light lancers, allowing me to commit some of my Illyrian mercenaries to bolster the right flank. Eventually I ended up rolling up the Macedonians on my right flank, surrounding several hundred of them with Armored Hoplites who stabbed mercilessly into the mass of them. A charge by Macedonian cavalry threatened the Hoplites on my right flank, who's backs were exposed. I sent the only cavalry I had which was my General and his son and their bodyguards. They succeeded in driving the Macedonian cavalry off but in the process, my Strategos was killed. His son survived however and the Greeks won a strategic victory, destroying a large Macedonian army which was poised to besiege Larissa and with very small casualties. From this battle, the former Strategos' son learned much. He saw the power of Macedonian cavalry and decided to challenge Macedonian cavalry supremacy and he raised several units of Greek cavalry and militia cavalry. By using them collaboratively with Hoplites, archers, and light infantry, he managed to become an unstoppable general and crushed three massive Macedonian armies and a Roman Brutii army led by Amulius Brutus. He has yet to be defeated.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 04:24:19 pm »
have to bump this one. Total War: Rome Remastered is announced

will be published April 29th 2021, everyone who has Total War: Rome can get it 50% off till June 1st. It will cost 29,99€ (with the 50% discount only 14,99€)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/885970/Total_War_ROME_REMASTERED/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:32:45 pm by Chainsor »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 04:50:02 pm »
i'm gonna coom

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 12:05:29 am »
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.