Author Topic: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)  (Read 128503 times)

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: High Water Mark American Civil War Mod (Suprise on page 46)
« Reply #690 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »
Needs new voice acting and gun sounds also will you be doing coustom uniform ?

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:08 pm »
So how is this different from NaS besides NaS's more detailed textures....... I mean does it offer any more or is it just different units?
Well we have buck and ball for select units. Basically think of it as a shot gun that fires a 69 cal. ball and buckshot behind it. We have different units. I think we have a very good and effective balance of historical accuracy and balance. There are a few more tweeks to do atm but they should be in the next update as far as balance. We are going to have a few new maps that we have been working on for a while including Pickett's Charge, Hoods assault, and Cemetery Hill. Also we will be adding more units with the possibility of adding at least 1 unit from every division. Also we have some weapons that are not in NAS such as the Lemat revolver and Spencer carbine. The other part to remember with this atm is that this version is still a test version so its gonna have a few bugs until we iron everything out.

NaS has Buck and Ball in it since 1.0...... ontop of that you state regarding 'Historical accuracy' so i took the liberty of comparing the same unit across both mods and here is the result:
http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/30435101/compare.jpg

I think it shows that NaS (on the right) clearly has far more accurate and correct uniforms :)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #692 on: April 22, 2016, 08:43:11 pm »
So how is this different from NaS besides NaS's more detailed textures....... I mean does it offer any more or is it just different units?
Well we have buck and ball for select units. Basically think of it as a shot gun that fires a 69 cal. ball and buckshot behind it. We have different units. I think we have a very good and effective balance of historical accuracy and balance. There are a few more tweeks to do atm but they should be in the next update as far as balance. We are going to have a few new maps that we have been working on for a while including Pickett's Charge, Hoods assault, and Cemetery Hill. Also we will be adding more units with the possibility of adding at least 1 unit from every division. Also we have some weapons that are not in NAS such as the Lemat revolver and Spencer carbine. The other part to remember with this atm is that this version is still a test version so its gonna have a few bugs until we iron everything out.
If NaS is such a good mod I don't see why you bother wasting your time shitting on this one, it seems kind of pathetic for you the piss on the work of others who share a common interest on the same era.

NaS has Buck and Ball in it since 1.0...... ontop of that you state regarding 'Historical accuracy' so i took the liberty of comparing the same unit across both mods and here is the result:
http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/30435101/compare.jpg

I think it shows that NaS (on the right) clearly has far more accurate and correct uniforms :)
If NaS is such a good mod I don't see why you bother wasting your time shitting on this one, it seems kind of pathetic for you the piss on the work of others who share a common interest on the same era.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:14:41 am by Conway »

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 22, 2016, 10:17:44 pm »
Why so much hate ?

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #694 on: April 23, 2016, 05:55:36 am »
ok If you want to play NAS go play NAS if you want to play HWM play HWM or do both. If you want to get technical I can rip NAS apart just based off of what is sitting in my room. I can do the same with some of the items on the HWM model. HWM is not done yet. Which is something I have mentioned multiple times. Also I and several others feel that this is much more balanced and once I get our own board on the released mods board I will also release the balanced rule set that works very well. Also our mod is in 1863 not 1861 so various parts of the uniform are different based on the unit and also based on how long they have been on the front. The 6th Wisconsin looks awful because they did not get new equipment since they were considered a militia unit for the longest time. So the Federal government told Wisconsin to outfit them but they didn't. The breastplates also varied by state and for some they are a stand in atm until we have them dont. Yet again this is still not anywhere near complete.

Offline HWM_Sharpe

• First Sergeant
  • General of the ANV
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 23, 2016, 06:02:53 am »
Needs new voice acting and gun sounds also will you be doing coustom uniform ?
We already have some better voice acting that is done just not implemented. The gun sounds are actually how those calibers really sounds as they were recorded at a NSSA live fire event. Uniform wise we are currently not doing custom until after we have everything stable and done.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 23, 2016, 06:22:18 am »
thank you for this news here is a picture of my regiment in the mod

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 27, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »
cool, but you really got to improve the graphics though

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
« Reply #698 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:09 pm »

There are New guns and new classes like Jr Officer and Sgt and NCO it's not as clunky as NAS to

So I must be confused. from what you have said and what I have seen it is basically just a Gettysburg civil war mod (instead of NaS Manassas), with lower graphics, and just more sub classes for different ranks. Is this right or am i missing something? (i don't want to sound rude just would like clarification)
High Water Mark                                                                                                                                  North and South 1.1

I dont want to sound rude and I am aware you guys have put in a lot of work. I am just confused. I heard that you might be adding Duel Wield pistols, but how would you reload them (like the animation). I also heard you guys were taking stuff from Deluge. Im just confused about what is different between this and NaS besides what I listed above the picture. Also I saw that someone wrote that the HWM was "less clunky as NaS" but how is this true?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:40:08 pm by TheDoctor »
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2016, 06:35:04 am »
Someones just salty their mod isn't gonna be as good as hinkles. <3

Your uniform quality is so bad. Out of every historical war like >Mexico-Texas independence war that could have used a mod. Instead you decided to make an american civil war mod when their is already one that by the current looks of your mod is never going to surpass the player base or the historical accuracy.

Offline isa567

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Isaiah
« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2016, 02:59:56 pm »
hey bro remeber this a test mod not the real thing

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:21 pm »
Someones just salty their mod isn't gonna be as good as hinkles. <3

Your uniform quality is so bad. Out of every historical war like >Mexico-Texas independence war that could have used a mod. Instead you decided to make an american civil war mod when their is already one that by the current looks of your mod is never going to surpass the player base or the historical accuracy.
You realize this was started in 2012 right? No ones salty, it really seems like N&S players are giving the hate.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 30, 2016, 02:48:39 pm »
You realize this was started in 2012 right? No ones salty, it really seems like N&S players are giving the hate.
4 years to produce something of decent quality then. Instead we got the mess that is the current test.

Offline DomDowg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2016, 07:15:25 pm »
Would you like a map maker for this mod with a few addings to this mod it can be better than the shit Hinkel's broken mod has made.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »
better than the shit Hinkel's broken mod has made.

Thank you for your compliment.
Seems you are pissed, cause you wasted your maps? ;)

You never replied back to me anyway.. and giving such comments, without any feedback is a proof for your intelligence! :)