Author Topic: COD: Vanguard  (Read 568 times)

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
COD: Vanguard
« on: December 20, 2021, 04:48:34 pm »
Couldn't find a thread on it, so made my own....

Bought this today as it's on sale for like £30....  I'd watched a few videos prior and was a bit nervous as a lot of reviews were fairly mixed but majority just said 'eh it's just another COD.... same old game' - This is true

Got to say i've been pleasently suprised...  So far i've played mostly Multiplayer and a little Campaign.

Multiplayer is good fun so far, lots of great maps that are asthetically pleasing and work well (some really great remakes of old COD maps), pretty good gun balance, decent level up and progression sytem with pretty good customisation to your weapons....

Actually, in a way it reminds me of battlefield 5 but far smaller and extremely fast paced.

Campaign is decent so far, nothing massive to rave over yet although im only a couple missions in....

Zombies is where i worry after wacthing videos, but once i try it i'll give a little update...

Overall thoguhts so far is it's pretty good - But i wouldn't pay £55 for it or whatever it normally is... (maybe 10 years ago xD)

Anyone else payed/playing Vanguard? What are your thoughts?

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: COD: Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 04:59:43 pm »
aired

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 08:54:05 pm »
mmm yes quite indeed

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 09:00:36 pm »
Cold War was actually one of my favourites for the multi-player gameplay, the maps generally played well and offered options to both go aggressive or play passive. After sweating the last CoD though for a solid year and WarZone for a good while before that as well I decided I'd take a break from CoD for a bit so I'll probably get it after xmas when the price dips again. Much like Fifa, BF and any other series that is released fairly regularly it is just effectively a reskin of itself so as long as the maps (specifically map design) are good and the guns are balanced/offer a variety of playstyles then it should be good enough for me. Playing the beta also really put me off as it was buggy as shit, spawns were all over the place and guns felt unbalanced.

This was just for Cold War, so I think I overdid it a bit last season.

Time for a Break
[close]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 09:04:15 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 09:35:53 pm »
Guns are pretty balanced from my experince so far (although i heard they had to nerf the mp40 and STG), there are, as always, guns which are most commonly used but thats normal.... The spawns are a little fucked sometimes on some maps but nothing that bothers me too much....  The gun customisation is great (people who want to LARP will compain) but i enjoy the variety and the balance depending on the attatchments you choose.  Still yet to figure out what i like most gun wise :p

Time for a Break
[close]
nice Winrate you fucking tash kid
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 09:45:42 pm by Ry@n »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 09:47:06 pm »
Cold War was actually one of my favourites for the multi-player gameplay, the maps generally played well and offered options to both go aggressive or play passive. After sweating the last CoD though for a solid year and WarZone for a good while before that as well I decided I'd take a break from CoD for a bit so I'll probably get it after xmas when the price dips again. Much like Fifa, BF and any other series that is released fairly regularly it is just effectively a reskin of itself so as long as the maps (specifically map design) are good and the guns are balanced/offer a variety of playstyles then it should be good enough for me. Playing the beta also really put me off as it was buggy as shit, spawns were all over the place and guns felt unbalanced.

Time for a Break
[close]

Cold war had probably the worst gunplay out of any cod I've ever played, it's so bouncy

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:09:38 pm »

Time for a Break
[close]

Cold war had probably the worst gunplay out of any cod I've ever played, it's so bouncy
Clearly someone either can't aim or doesn't know how to build a decent loadout!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 12:26:38 pm »
Ofc dirty casual bot is pleased with Vanguard

Also every cod has the same gunplay
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 12:42:06 pm »
Ofc dirty casual bot is pleased with Vanguard

Also every cod has the same gunplay
Practically yeah, as long as the map designs are good that tends to be the defining factor for a CoD really now. Other than the obvious variation of guns and them not being broken af.