Author Topic: EGS | Season 2 Tournament #6 | 7v7 | 03.10  (Read 3200 times)

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
EGS | Season 2 Tournament #6 | 7v7 | 03.10
« on: July 10, 2021, 04:04:01 pm »

Welcome to the  sixth and last regular season tournament of  EGS Season 2 hosted by Voluble & DarkTemplar. . EGS now for Season 2 has massively enhanced its Admin and Refeering teams to improve the quality and functionality of our tournaments. We hope you are in this for the long run and you are well and truly invested in the idea we are going with. Good luck and may the best team win!
The tournament will be hosted on Sunday the 3rd October at 20:00GMT. There will be a transfer ban for this tournament. The tournament will be played in the standard 7v7 format. Teams will have to fight their way through a groupstage in order to claim victory.

Brackets HERE

Head Admins & Admins
Referees
Maskman
Gi
Gibby
Cookie
Mitchell
Python
Shadey
Smylie
Coco_Ayala
Zeyden
Chuckster
Tardet
Dash
Ruler
Vegi
Snikkel
Movement
Melyso
Rikus
Skitty
Stoiki
Saphyro
camm15elbe
Chainsor
Stockholm
Gerher
Desant
KOBZIK
[close]

Every team must read the following rules as they are very important and EGS rules are different compared to normal tournaments.
We were kind of disappointed by seeing that even some captains didn't even read the rules. Please, read it all.

Roster Rules
- Rosters are capped at 9 people as you are aware.
- Players MUST sign up with their community names ONLY. No roleplay names allowed.
- Must also use community faces rather than randomized ones OR you face punishment (refer to EGS Rules)
- Transfer deadline is set at 5pm (17:00 GMT) the day before every tournament . After that, not a SINGLE change will be allowed.
[close]
General Rules
- Melee speed will be set on medium.
- The only class allowed is the line infantry.
- You aren't allowed to spawn if you are not playing.
- All matches will be ft5, apart from the  Round 2/Semi Finals/Losers Finals and Bronze Match (ft7) and the Final (ft10).
- A good behaviour is expected. Insulting/toxicity will lead to 1 warning then a suspension from matches.
- Cheating once will result in a permanent ban of any future EGS tournaments.
- ID MUST be provided, if not, players with ID's missing won't be allowed to play. It can result in a temporary ban or even more.
[close]

Match Rules
- Once a match has been called, each team has ~5 minutes to get ready.
- If the first round is not started within ~5 minutes, the responsible team will be punished, as 1 round will be awarded to their opponents.

- After each round, each team has ~1 minutes before they must have typed 'r' again.
- If the next round is not started within ~1 minutes, the responsible team will be punished, as 1 round will be awarded to their opponents.

-The rules above are controlled by the referee - if the referee says ~5 or ~1 minutes is up, then the time is up.

-If there is clear delaying in a duel at the end of a round after 2 minutes then a warning to the fight will be given. If the player continues to delay or run from the duel then the admin can slay the player.

-In any case of a server crash/map change if it is to happen, then all current rounds WILL be VOIDED.

-tiebreaks will be; 1- wins vs tied opponents ; 2 - points
[close]

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:22:18 am by Voluble123 »

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
Re: EGS | Season 2 Tournament #6 | 7v7 | 03.10
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 09:16:00 pm »
vol sucks

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 09:37:30 pm »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 07:45:18 pm »
Introduction

Spoiler
Welcome to the 6th and last edition of EGS Season 2 regular season before Play-Offs, this will be a 7v7 format and it will be very important for alot of teams trying to get the best seed possible to reach the Play-offs next weekend! Will Amaterasu seek to end the season as they started it? Or will Legends try take the last tournament away from them?

[close]
Prediction

Spoiler
Obviously the clear favoruites are indeed Amaterasu with such a dominate display all season warrants such odds, as previously mentioned they have the best teamplay and skill currently in the scene and they are high on confidence and form so expect them to be giving everything to win the only format they haven't won yet! More specifically, with the team having the current leader in the MVP Standings in Higen, you are always going to be confident and with the rising stars like Jakob and Achilles continually performing alongside the ever present high skill level of Zeyden, then it takes a real desire and chemistry to upset that group of players.

The runner-up I believe will be Legends, they have got the return of ClaSh to look forward to which will bolster the ranks and make them stronger in bigger formats, also they will have learned alot from the final vs Amaterasu last time out and expect Drake to adapt the lineup accordingly to try cause a upset. I believe they are a player or two short of being favoruites but with all time greats like ExTaZz, Shadey, Tiberias and Elsse, you can never write them off. If players such as Drake and Gibby hold there own and play solid without mistakes or being scared, then the pressure will be on Amaterasu to try and pick the best Legends players who can easily beat any Amaterasu player on their day! 

Poosy will finish in Bronze as they don't have enough depth in skill to beat the teams above, the lack of presence of Python and Bagins will mean they effectively lack the in game leader and arguably the best player in the game (alongside Zeyden). This will be too much to replace and it will be a real shock if they win. Poosy is full of solid stable players which can easily hold their own, as shown by getting to so many finals and narrow loses to Amaterasu, but they are lacking in the first pickers and technical players department, this means they are just seemingly waiting to die and be outled at the moment. Admittedly Hertz has stepped up to the plate and perfomed well in the absents of others and having legendary players like Herishey, Axiom and Troister, will always give you a shout to win any match in a upset! They will be waiting patiently till next weekend for the Play-Off finals to show what they are about!

In 7v7 format, once you go outside the top 3 it can be a toss up on who performs best on the days, and especially how the typically "benched" players, show up. I expect Virgins, ENIGMA, NSS, Snappers and CCCP to finish off the top 8 in that particular order. I believe Virgins have the best starting 5 out of the remaining teams and will have enough skill on the bench aswell as the drilled style of play to fully overcome any inferior competition with little resistance. I could of ordered the next 4 teams in any random position and it would look realistic, but the reason why I believe ENGIMA will be 5th is because although they have drastically under performed, I feel they will want to end the regular season on a high before the Play-Offs start. In bigger formats the better players have more oppurtunity to exploit weaker players so I expect the trio of Wolpi, Bunter and Gerher to exploit the rest of the teams. NSS, Snappers, CCCP and even NPP are all a toss up and it probably will come down to which ever group the teams get placed in and also on the attendance each team brings respectively. I would say on paper NSS or CCCP have the strongest rosters, but the teamwork of Snappers and the leading skills of NPP with a modest skill level team, can't go unnoticed. If players such as Fietta and Cody play to the expected level then I believe they will finish 6th. If Ivan even comes close to his expected level, then he alone should help them finish 7th or even higher, but the consistent skill level recently of Fralla and Mike should also cement them in the Play-Offs. The 8th/9th position is tied between CCCP and NPP especially now more than ever, both teams vitally need that Play-Off seed which both are fighting for with the inevitability that Legends will take a spot which will force one of these two mentioned teams out. This means that both teams will aim for the highest position possible more than ever, also skill wise it slightly favours CCCP but the leadership skills of Melsyo are renowed far more than those of KOBZIK, respectfully. Expect this to be the most intense and meaningful tournament yet!

Outside of the top 9 teams, I expect to see the same as the rest of the season, to see teams like 13e Academy, BlackKnight, Fluss and GVT all push those who are seeded 5th-8th to the max to try get 2nd seed in each respective group and also to try cause a upset. Probably going under the radar is indeed the 13e Academy, these guys can more than likely reach the Play-Offs over NPP and CCCP if they have a brilliant tournament. With the exceptional leading of Nock, then the improving skill of Narrow with every gf and having a legendary all time god like player like Tardet, keep a eye on them to go under the radar and look to reach them Play-Off positions. GVT have perfomed well all season considering they are full of NA's with a disadvantage in ping, they will end the season as they started, outside the Play-Offs. BlackKnights and Fluss will keep trying with the new generation Polish and German majority rising players and aim to do as I said, reach bracket play and cause a almighty upset. For the rest of the teams in the tournament, they will give their all but fall short and finish in expected positions and they will all look to bounce back in Season 3 of EGS and try be challenging for those Play-Offs positions, alongside the exiciting arrival of another 12 teams from within the communities lower divisions.

[close]
Player to watch out

Spoiler
In the 6v6 we saw outstanding performances  from players such as: Higen, Achilles, Zeyden, Hertz and ExTaZz, Chuckster and Zenon. All will look to continue where they left off and show case everything they have to offer going into the finale.
I expect players such as Barro, Golden, Voluble, Flo, Cody, Wursti, MarxeiL, Ivan, Mike, Fietta, Wolpi, Bunter, Gerher, Ilypa, Narrow and ClaSh to all perform to a very high level and dictate the outcome for the respective teams they come from, leading to this being the most intense tournament in the season so far.
Players like Drake, Shadey and Tiberias especially, will look to improve going into this finale to give Legends the best chance possible of causing a upset and in general to just show case the skill they all have respectively.
[close]

WRITTEN BY Voluble

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 09:09:58 pm by EGS Official »

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 07:51:10 pm »
Introduction

Spoiler
Welcome to the 6th and last edition of EGS Season 2 regular season before Play-Offs! This will be a 7v7 format and it will be very important for alot of teams trying to get the best seed possible, also to even make it in to Play-Offs! Will Amaterasu seek to end the season as they started it? Or will Legends try take the last tournament away from them?

[close]
Prediction

Spoiler
Obviously the clear favoruites are indeed Amaterasu, such a dominate display all season warrants such odds, as previously mentioned they have the best teamplay and skill currently in the scene and they are high on confidence and form so expect them to be giving there all to win the only format they haven't won yet! More specifically within the team having the current leader in the MVP Standings in Higen in your team you are always going to be confident and with the rising stars like Jakob and Achilles continually performing alongside the ever present high skill level of Zeyden, then it takes a real desire and chemistry to upset that group of players.

The runner-up I believe will be Legends, they have got the return of ClaSh to look forward to which will bolster the ranks and make them stronger in bigger formats and they will have learned alot from the final vs Amaterasu last time out and expect Drake to adapt the lineup accordingly to try cause a upset. I believe they are a player or two short of being favoruites but with all time greats like ExTaZz, Shadey, Tiberias and Elsse, you can never write them off. If players such as Drake and Gibby hold there own and play solid without mistakes or being scared, then the pressure will be on Amaterasu to try and pick the best Legends players who can easily beat any Amaterasu player on their day! 

Poosy will finish in Bronze as they don't have enough depth in skill to beat the teams above, the lack of presence of Python and Bagins will mean they effectively lack the in game leader and arguably the best player in the game. This will be too much to replace and it will be a real shock if they win. Poosy is full of solid stable players which can easily hold their own, as shown getting to so many finals and narrow loses to Amaterasu, but lacking in the first pickers and technical players means they are just seemingly waiting to die and be outled at the moment. Admittedly Hertz has stepped up to the plate and perfomed well in the absents of others and having legendary players like Herishey, Axiom and Troister will always give you a shout to win any match in a upset! They will be waiting patiently till next weekend for the Play-Off finals to show what they are about!

In 7v7 format, once you go outside the top 3 it can be a toss up on who performs best on the days and especially how the typically benched players, show up. I expect Virgins, ENIGMA, NSS, Snappers and CCCP and  to finish off the top 8 in that paticular order. I believe Virgins have the best starting 5 out of the remaining teams and will have enough skill on the bench aswell as the drilled style of play to fully overcome any inferior competition with little resistance. I could of ordered the next 4 teams in any random position and it would look realistic, but the reason why I believe ENGIMA will be 5th is because although they have drastically under performed, I feel they will want to end the regular season on a high before the Play-Offs start. In bigger formats the better players have more oppurtunity to exploit weaker players so I expect the trio of Wolpi, Bunter and Gerher to exploit the rest of the teams. NSS, Snappers, CCCP and even NPP are all a toss up and it probably will come down to which ever group the teams get placed in and also on the attendance each team brings respectively. I would say on paper NSS or CCCP have the strongest rosters but the teamwork of Snappers and the leading skills of NPP with a modest skill level team, can't go unnoticed. If players such as Fietta and Cody play to the expected level then I believe they will finish 6th. If Ivan even comes close to his expected level then he alone should help them finish 7th or even higher, but the consistent skill level recently of Fralla and Mike should also cement them in the Play-Offs. 8th/9th is tied between CCCP and NPP especially now more than ever both teams vitally need that play off seed which both are fighting for with the inevitability that Legends will take a spot which will force one of these two mentioned teams out. This means that  both teams will aim for the highest position possible more than ever, skill wise it slightly favours CCCP but the leadership skills of Melsyo are renowed far more than those of KOBZIK, respectfully. Expect this to be the most intense and meaningful tournament yet!

Outside of the top 9 teams I expect same as the rest of the season, to see teams like 13e Academy, BlackKnight, Fluss and GVT all push those 5th-8th seed teams to the max to try get 2nd seed in respective groups and to try cause a upset. Probably going under the radar is indeed the 13e Academy who can more than likely reach the Play-Offs over NPP and CCCP if they have a brilliant tournament. With the exceptional leading of Nock and the improving skill of Narrow with every gf and having a legendary all time god like player like Tardet, keep a eye on them to go under the radar and look to reach them Play-Off positions. GVT have perfomed well all season considering they are full of NA's with a disadvantage in ping, they will end the season as they started, outside the Play-Offs. BlackKnights and Fluss will keep trying with the new generation Polish and German majority rising players and aim to do as I said, reach bracket play and cause a almight upset. For the rest of the teams in the tournament they will give their all but fall short and finish in expected positions and they will all look to bounce back in Season 3, League 2 of EGS and try be challenging for those Play-Offs positions alongside the exiciting arrival of another 12 teams from within the communities lower divisions.

[close]
Player to watch out

Spoiler
In the 6v6 we saw outstanding performances again from players like Higen, Achilles, Zeyden, Hertz and ExTaZz. All will look to continue where they left off and show case everything they have to offer going into the finale.
I expect players such as Barro, Golden, Voluble, Flo, Cody, Wursti, MarxeiL, Ivan, Mike, Fietta, Wolpi, Bunter, Gerher, Ilypa, Narrow and ClaSh to all perform to a very high level and dictate the outcome for the respective teams they come from, leading to this being the most intense tournament in the season so far.
Players like Drake, Shadey and Tiberias especially, will look to improve going into this finale to give Legends the best chance possible of causing a upset and in general to just show case the skill they all have respectively.
[close]

WRITTEN BY Voluble

If I don't get the chance to thank you all after the tournament, I'd like to say a thank you to every team that has played in Season 2 and I hope to see you all around for Season 3! Took alot of time and effort to host this entire Season so yeah! A huge thank you to DarkTemplar for co-hosting and putting up a allmighty prizepool to make this the most intense tournament group to date and a huge thank you to the entire admin team who have spent day and sometimes nights, helping me prepare and maintain this Season. Especially Chuckster and Hertz for helping me create threads, update them, manage servers, deal with all Standings tables and deal with many big decisions. Also thank you to Stockholm, Jakob, Vegi and Elsse, without these three doing Tournament Introductions/Reviews, Youtube Finals/Tournament Highlights and endless amount of graphics or GRAPICS as Vegi says, then we would be nowhere near as organised and professional as we are, so a big thank you to everyone! Lastly thank you to all team leaders who have followed the rules exceptionally well and admined all matches fairly and efficently and put differences aside to make this work for the community, just remember any suggestions to implement for Season 3 now is the time and you should message me and give them ASAP. Goodluck in this final tournament and I hope it goes well and see you all in Season 3 <3 
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 12:09:32 am »
add me on referee list

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 06:33:55 am »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline RUS_Flusha90

• Captain
  • NWWC 2023 Winner
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sH1pu4Ka
[07:00]
RTX janne:
en syö mitään kuukauteen

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 05:33:55 pm »
Season 2 sucks!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 07:44:56 pm »

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 11:16:55 pm »
Stream for the final! https://www.twitch.tv/fietta

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 11:59:54 pm »
Congratulations to Amaterasu... AGAIN! xD Hope you all enjoyed Season 2 regular season and I hope to see you all here for Season 3 starting early November! Season 2 Play-Offs will be next Sunday and they will be a 6v6 format :)!

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 12:01:24 am »
GGwp