Author Topic: Napoleon Total War: My personal Tweaks/mods  (Read 475 times)

Skaen

Napoleon Total War: My personal Tweaks/mods
« on: February 25, 2021, 02:33:35 pm »
Hello

Since some time ago, I installed the pack file manager and it opened some new ways for me to play around with the files. In this post, I will add some download
links to some personal tweaks I have made which makes the game a bit more enjoyable, at least I do think. I just thought I would share
this with any other person who still likes to play NTW from time to time.
Important note: These tweaks will probably not work with any overhaul mod like Darthmod, NTW3, etc. This is purely made for vanilla.

What are these tweaks?

First of all, unit sizes. I have made the unit sizes a little bit bigger. This will result in a bit bigger battles.

Unit sizes on Ultra:

- Infantry: 360
- Grenadiers: 360
- Elite Units: 360
- Skirmishers: 240
- Light Infantry: 240
- Cavalry: 160
- Artillery: 10 canons - 60 men (includes every artillery type, rockets, mortars, howitzers, etc...)

Another tweak I am working on includes the pounder canons to fire like howitzers. When you placed them in vanilla NTW behind your infantry,
they just fire straight into the back of your infantry instead of above them. This is still a work in progress.

Thirdly, I am looking for a way to increase the number of units you can command (unit cards). For example in Shogun 2, you can have a lot
more units in custom battles than in NTW. This is also a work in progress.

Fourthly, I have deleted the morale. This means units will just fight until there is no one alive anymore.

For the last tweak, I have edited the number of musket ammunition. This means that any unit with a musket will not lose any ammo.
It really frustrated me when they just ran out of ammo so quickly.

I'll post the download link here whenever they are ready.

I'll edit the thread a little bit later.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:40:37 pm by Skaenn »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral