Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer III  (Read 3644 times)

Skaen

Total War: Warhammer III
« on: February 23, 2021, 05:33:27 pm »

A new Warhammer coming out it seems.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Total War: Warhammer III
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 05:41:48 pm »
hyped
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:48:43 pm »
Im not that much in the whole Warhammer Universe, so maybe thats a dumb question.
Why are they publishing 3 games about Warhammer? Isnt that like making 3 Napleon Total Wars in a row and just improve a bit from game to game?
Or is it always about another part or time within the universe, and if so, couldnt that be easier modded or published as DLC?

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:52:20 pm »
The universe is way too big for just one game. Every part of the trilogy uncovers a new part of the World Map. Warhammer I had the Old World, Warhammer II introduced the New World and with Warhammer III there will be a huge expansion to the east.

In addition to that it really takes multiple games when you want to make every race (22 at the release of Warhammer III !) a true Total War Faction with all its units and campaign features, the possible content is almost endless.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:48:15 pm »
The universe is way too big for just one game. Every part of the trilogy uncovers a new part of the World Map. Warhammer I had the Old World, Warhammer II introduced the New World and with Warhammer III there will be a huge expansion to the east.

In addition to that it really takes multiple games when you want to make every race (22 at the release of Warhammer III !) a true Total War Faction with all its units and campaign features, the possible content is almost endless.
Thanks!
I played the first and thought orcs, dwarfs, Vampire, elves and those animal/human race are everything there is in this universe. But if there are different worlds (like conitinents?) And more races than it makes sense. But is the old world in the second game? Sounds epic to have 22 different races in one fantasy game.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 08:49:29 pm »
Yes, every game has already the map of its predecessor and introduces a new part. So yes, the Old World is in Warhammer II and you can play it in the "Mortal Empires" Campaign, where the Old and New World are combined.

Spoiler
[close]

There are continents like in the real world and they also look familiar. For example the big jungle continent Lustria is based on South America. Something unusual is the continent Ulthuan, the home of the High Elves. Considering its location and beauty, it's obvious that Ulthuan is based on Atlantis.

Warhammer has plenty races, not all of them are in the game.

But looking at the game, one can arrange them like this:

- Elves divide into High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves.

- Men divide into Empire, Bretonnia, Norsca, Kislev and Grand Cathay (last two in Warhammer III)

- Undead divide into Vampire Counts, Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings.

- Chaos, the true evil in the world (yes, there are many evil races, but Chaos is superlative of evil), is divided by the four Chaos Gods Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh. All of them will get their own Faction in Warhammer III. Until now, Chaos is one Faction, called "undivided" Chaos. This undivided Faction will remain next to the other four.

- You talked about animals, so you mean the Beastmen, Lizardmen and Skaven.

- Dwarves are not divided, but there are Chaos Dwarves, a possible candidate for the unannounced last Faction of Warhammer III. Another option could be the Ogre Kingdoms.

- Greenskins are undivided too.

All together make 22 in total, seven of them introduced in Warhammer III.

I could explain all the Races a bit but i don't want to pollute the Thread. So if you want to know something, just ask :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:44:58 pm by Octanidas »

Skaen

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 08:51:00 pm »
Yes, every game has already the map of its predecessor and introduces a new part. So yes, the Old World is in Warhammer II and you can play it in the "Mortal Empires" Campaign, where the Old and New World are combined.

Spoiler
[close]

There are continents like in the real world and they also look familiar. For example the big jungle continent Lustria is based on South America. Something unusual is the continent Ulthuan, the home of the High Elves. Considering its location and beauty, it's obvious that Ulthuan is based on Atlantis.

Warhammer has plenty races, not all of them are in the game.

But looking at the game, one can arrange them like this:

- Elves divide into High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves.

- Men divide into Empire, Bretonnia, Norsca, Kislev and Grand Cathay (last two in Warhammer III)

- Undead divide into Vampire Counts, Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings.

- Chaos, the true evil in the world (yes, there are many evil races, but Chaos is superlative of evil), is divided by the four Chaos Gods Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh. All of them will get their own Faction in Warhammer III. Until now, Chaos is one Faction, called "undivided" Chaos. This undivided Faction will remain next to the other four.

- You talked about animals, so you mean the Beastmen, Lizardmen and Skaven.

- Dwarfs are not divided, but there are Chaos Dwarfs, a possible candidate for the unannounced last Faction of Warhammer III. Another option could be the Ogre Kingdoms.

- Greenskins are undivided too.

All together make 22 in total, seven of them introduced in Warhammer III.

I could explain all the Races a bit but i don't want to pollute the Thread. So if you want to know something, just ask :)
Don't worry about polluting. I, myself don't know much about it either, so every kind of info is actually welcome. :)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 12:10:36 pm »
So what do you want to know? :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 12:12:46 pm »
I wanna see Chaos Dwarves.  8)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 12:14:06 pm »
We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge. In fealty to the God-Emperor, our undying Lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne, I declare Exterminatus upon the Imperial world of Typhon Primaris. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire world, and consign a million souls to oblivion

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 12:14:32 pm »
Do they have big nipples in Nippon?

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 12:28:58 pm »
What people want - Medieval 3.

What people get - A made in China Medieval 3 with copy pasta units
- Some shit Troy game which people only got because it was free for a while.
- And now another WH game which probably could have been a DLC for WH2.

Spoiler
in b4 this hurts peoples feelings
[close]

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »
Nice 30 fps on Warhammer II already. Guess 20 fps on Warhammer III will be still playable

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 12:35:05 pm »
What people want - Medieval 3.

What people get - A made in China Medieval 3 with copy pasta units
- Some shit Troy game which people only got because it was free for a while.
- And now another WH game which probably could have been a DLC for WH2.

Spoiler
in b4 this hurts peoples feelings
[close]
Total war have a policy to release a new game every year. This baso means each game has maybe 1 year of development. That’s why most new games are dogshit. Since this new policy fucks them.

Skaen

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 12:43:21 pm »
I would like to see a newer Napoleonic game. With more regions, factions, troop diversities. Yes you have more factions when you download these overhaul mods, but for me personally, they become pretty boring after a while. Battles take way too long for my taste in NTW3 for example.

I would agree with a new Medieval game as well, would be pretty neat with the graphics now. Going from Europe all the way to the Muslim countries.

What I'm going to say now is ofcourse impossible, but an Elder Scrolls Total War, I would love to see that. :P