Poll

When would you prefer a cavalry gf tournament to happen?

Every two weeks
5 (11.9%)
Every month
11 (26.2%)
Every two months
15 (35.7%)
Every three months+
7 (16.7%)
Don't care so long as I can play
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament  (Read 21068 times)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2021, 10:04:59 am »
It was a great tournament, thank you for hosting it! Brackets seemed balanced, the matches didn't took too long and the map was well made, especially with that secret message behind the wall ;). I personally really enjoyed the time with my team and i'm proud they/we made it that far.

I had to leave during the quarter finals but i still played longer than i usually wanted to. This brings me to my criticism which you will probably know - as Stannis already mentioned, the starting time isn't suitable for everyone but if the qualtity of the Event is as good as it was yesterday, then i can live with that and help my team as much as possible. Now i'm looking forward to the Fantasy League and other tournament of this kind! ;D

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »
Very fun tournament, congrats to the winners (not bedo), congrats to my team for getting second and congrats to the third place PCs.

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2021, 02:38:56 pm »
for our tournamental drama: THIS TOURNAMENT WAS RIGGED

Offline DeLaBedoyère

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2021, 02:40:41 pm »
Very fun tournament, congrats to the winners (not bedo), congrats to my team for getting second and congrats to the third place PCs.

:'(
bild.jpg

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2021, 02:41:11 pm »
The Muffins would like to thank organizers for hosting a fun and intense experience! The whole thing went smooth as far as we could tell.

Our group stage was brutal since both Wookies and Cereal Killers were excellent teams, but we will take pleasure in having managed to win two rounds against the 2nd best team of the tournament.

The muffins would also like to thank each other:

Apollo - for accepting the responsibility of the captain, and single handedly carrying on a few occasions.
Parigon - for gracing our team with his skill and reputation.
Grozni - he must have done a few useful things as well.
Ilyipa - for encouraging the team in crucial moments.
Smylie - for coming on time to be the fifth muffin, and postponing his suicide until the tourney was over.
Norwegian - for managing to come despite his busy schedule, and improving our overall performance.
Ironfist - for agreeing to be in the team, sadly he couldn't bring his iron fist in time to play.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2021, 02:59:31 pm »
Yeah as I said, we are aware the tournament starting time wasn't ideal for everyone but we wanted to make a change for once and leave a Sunday free (considering next one is the 2v2 tournament) hence why we picked Friday. And because we picked Friday, Skittles and I couldn't be there much earlier than just before the tournament started. Would it have started at 19:00 GMT, considering I am home from work at 18:30, it would have left me very little time to eat (cause I can't really do that mid-tournament), prepare the last details and send them to everyone while also facing and dealing with the last-minute issues which always happen in every single competition. It really comes down to a very detailed-preparation which some people don't always acknowledge, however, next tournament of this kind will likely be on Sunday and it should therefore be easier to move the starting time a little before (19:00 or 19:30 GMT).

As for the map, I also understand the concern raised DL. I personally liked the size chosen by Skittles, it's somewhat similar to the map used for the 2Lr/Nr4 tournament but it's worth remembering some people had already complained about it, mostly because it advantaged heavy cavalry from their perspective. Here, I think it encouraged fast-paced engagement and limited excessive delays (which has always been one of the huge downsides of cavalry's competitions) still, I don't think extending it a tad more would prove too difficult and it might make players feel like they have more room to express themselves.

@Grozni

Thanks for the kind words. From my exchange with Apollo, I felt he would still have liked to play a bit more than just two matches (which I understand is a bit short). It's not always easy to find a compromise for everyone about every aspect of the tournament, especially in one evening, but I will try to think about something for next editions so you guys can really make the best of it. Glad you managed to enjoy yourselves still, was a pleasure to have you in.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:01:27 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Ilypa

• Second Lieutenant
  • Si
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ïlypä
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2021, 05:27:58 pm »
When are people going to write my name right.

And thanks for hosting :)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2021, 05:52:57 pm »
When are people going to write my name right.

And thanks for hosting :)
lil pypa

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2021, 08:14:30 pm »
I added a poll to get an idea of how regular you would like this to become. Worth noting that I obviously don't mind letting other people organize cavalry groupfighting tournaments, it's just a matter of everyone keeping other people in touch so there can be a turnover among the hosts.

Also in my last post on this thread, I hinted at the next 2v2 being on Sunday but don't get fooled by my stupidity, the tournament still happens just as planned, on Saturday, January the 23rd. I tried ruining things for Bedo again but Soartex caught me red-handed so I had no choice but to retract my false statement.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:20:51 pm by Tardet »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2021, 02:12:39 pm »
Video of the bronze match. PC POV

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2021, 02:31:31 pm »
Thanks a lot Shadey!