Author Topic: Sword and musket  (Read 8056 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Sword and musket
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2020, 11:55:49 am »
We have quite a lot going on with the mod at the moment. The point of the dev blog was more to show that the mod is actually being worked on properly as there were obviously quite a few people who were skeptical.

I'm liking the look of what our environments guys have in planning/dev right now so thats also something for you all to look out for. On the discord there are lists of all the units that myself, Herishey and the Historical Accuracy team decided on for France and UK although they may still get tweaked later.

EDIT: Will look at making a dedicated thread managed by the S&M team here on FSE just to keep you guys updated with things as we go.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:01:35 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2020, 12:29:45 pm »
Guys I'm starting to think we might be stuck with NW forever
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2020, 12:54:38 pm »

You're still on FSE so you are part of 'we'!!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Clikenforce

• Captain
  • Roux et supporter de Lens noraj.
    • View Profile
    • 23e Forum
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2020, 03:10:09 pm »
the game is so repetetive and boring to play with basically the same thing happening every game mainly due to forcing people to play classes and little customisation and therefore nothing new really happening compared to a mod such as mercs where everyone is free to do whatever and every round is different or even a game like mordhau which can be unpredictable and actually requires some concentration to be good as bannerlord is literally made for new players who dont know what to do

Wdym, as octanidas said you're playing NW, where customisation is absolutely non-existent and where Drake has discovered 100% of les patterns.

Also, regarding your second point, by following your (imo flawed) logic, Bannerlord sounds amazingly easy, yet I'm sure your k/d on it wouldn't reflect that. For having been absolutely dogged by players with already 1K hours on it, I can confirm to you that you're wrong in that respect. I think you're still a bit biaised by the EA state of the game and what you expected. We've all waited for like 8 years for it to come out so I fully get where that comes from
(Not wanting to sass you btw, just trying to prove a point)

[quote link=topic=45141.msg1997060#msg1997060 date=1606318886]

just my 2 cents but I personally like having pokes, glances, manipulatable hitboxes and all in NW- Makes the melee much more unpredictable and more complex than any other melee system I've ever played. I don't want to have a guaranteed hit that does damage every time because fuck that I want some unpredictability, something new and interesting. I don't want a melee system I can master in a short timeframe as a new player- I want to work for it, by practicing feinting until I'm good at it. By learning how to manipulate hitboxes to force pokes. By learning how to best use the unpredictability. I fail to see how taking out some of the features which made NW melee far more interesting (If enraging at times) is beneficial to the game.
[/quote]

That's a fair point, at the end of the day it all comes down to personnal preference in that regard. My point was that the game isn't as terrible as pictured by what seems to be most of the nw community. It's just different and new

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2020, 03:31:13 pm »

Wdym, as octanidas said you're playing NW, where customisation is absolutely non-existent.
This is so much not true! Like every regiment do have their own skin pack or other modifications for the game. You can change uniforms to whatever you want. And it's possible without having to know much. You want to edit your sounds go for it. It has so unlimited possibilities for customisation.

That's a fair point, at the end of the day it all comes down to personnal preference in that regard. My point was that the game isn't as terrible as pictured by what seems to be most of the nw community. It's just different and new
Yeah it's different and new, but you have to admit that Bannerlord just failed.
It failed because they were not able to recreate the feeling we all had when we played warband.
And i think just having a look at the players over time should tell, that something went wrong...
Spoiler
[close]

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2020, 03:50:44 pm »

You may leave NW, but NW doesn't leave you

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2020, 04:20:37 pm »
you think BannerLord has failed? Yet at the moment, the number of competitive multiplayer players is increasing. out of 100,000 reviews on steam, most are very positive. Do you think the game is stagnating? Yet new updates are taking place and the developers have the intelligence to ask the clans and players for their opinions. You think BannerLord has only bad players? It's like saying after a game on Tropical Paradise that the skill on NW is bad. it's ridiculous.

Concerning competition, the level is very high, especially for the A division. Every day we communicate & play with the developers. Not to tell them that their game is bad, on the contrary it is very good, but simply to explain the points that need to be improved. The result is that today there are more than 4 divisions of at least 10 teams containing about ten to twenty active players and that we get patches that improve the game that makes it really fun to play

It's still heartbreaking to see that it was the Warband players who were supposed to be the foundation of the BannerLord community. In the end, this is the case, but only on the part of one half. The other half prefers rather to insult the game by saying it's rubbish and by not giving any constructive opinion on it. Often it's because of ego. Having to play a new game (because yes, BannerLord is quite different) and not being the best can be exasperating for some players.

Warband wasn't done in a day. the very first mount and blade was far from being the same as the warband we know today. the sad thing is that most people don't understand it. they need a perfect result without further delay because 8 years was a lot. We have indeed waited a lot but don't forget that now the game is improving. The day will come when TaleWord will simply shut down Mount and Blade Warband's public servers and you will have no choice but to evolve elsewhere except that you will have missed the beginnings of a game that is, in my opinion, a revolution.

In short, I have written a lot about the game. Concerning Sword & Musket, frankly the modelling work on the uniforms and weapons is just super well done. I don't think you can make any progress on the animations yet as the rest of the moding tools won't be available until after Early Access I guess. Anyway, thanks for all the work they're doing, it's just huge and I know a lot of people are expecting. Thanks and congratulations for them, one more step for the community
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:27:04 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2020, 05:59:23 pm »
Yes because I wanted a super competitive melee game for Bannerlord not a game for my clan to be like well we have 9 fuckers and don't want to spilit up and NA siege is dead again and just for us to go back to Warband just so we can play together. The games Mutiplayer is really unoptimized compared to the single-player for some reason in a 200v200 sp battle I get 90fps on max graphics. Mutiplayer duel server with me and like 3 dudes on it I can't get 20fps running on max but if I make the graphics look worse than warbands I can get 60 fps and extreme packets loss on the NA servers. Supposedly the solution from other community NA players I heard was use a VPN and it helps alot bit I'm not setting up a VPN up for one game. I tried talking to the devs and described my problem they said they would look into it and I brought it up mutiple times even before EA was released and after and every update I try to get it working. I got Bannerlord graphics to the point where it actually uses less ram and cpu than CSGO but CSGO I still get 220 fps.
But yes let's talk about the Huge EU skrimish scene cause I'm a NA player who can't find matches other than team deathmatch except on the weekends. Maybe I would get a good taste for the game if I could not get extreme packetloss and fps lost than another game I played before. Maybe a good taste if there was a large gamemode my clan could play together other than Siege. Till than fuck off your high horse about the EU scene. (BTW 1.5 kd solo q skrimish most of the time have fun with 30fps if I'm lucky).

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2020, 06:16:42 pm »
Give battle mode and everyone will try to arrange themself with the new game, but currently bannerlord isn‘t a substitution for warband!

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2020, 07:59:49 pm »

Wdym, as octanidas said you're playing NW, where customisation is absolutely non-existent.
This is so much not true! Like every regiment do have their own skin pack or other modifications for the game. You can change uniforms to whatever you want. And it's possible without having to know much. You want to edit your sounds go for it. It has so unlimited possibilities for customisation.
If changing some skins and sounds are your idea for "unlimited customisation", then unfortunately you are too far gone. We would never be able to convince you otherwise even if S&M/Bannerlord does well and has positive reviews.

Nobody can deny that Taleworlds really didn't think the release through fully with missing game modes and Multiplayer being a side thought. But I for one am pretty positive.

EDIT: Spelling.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:01:43 pm by John Price »

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2020, 08:21:08 pm »

If changing some skins and sounds are your idea for "unlimited customisation", then unfortunately you are too far gone. We would never be able to convince you otherwise even if S&M/Bannerlord does well and has positive reviews.

Nobody can deny that Taleworlds really didn't think the release through fully with missing game modes and Multiplayer being a side thought. But I for one am pretty positive.

Back on that topic Jailbreak has working loot boxes and custom animations and basically fully custom gamemodes just for there server. So yeah NW is really customizable.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2020, 08:52:07 pm »

Back on that topic Jailbreak has working loot boxes and custom animations and basically fully custom gamemodes just for there server. So yeah NW is really customizable.
I know this, I was reffering to what he said ;)

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2020, 11:15:32 pm »
I know this, I was reffering to what he said ;)

do you have a website, discord or steam group?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2020, 11:55:51 pm »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2020, 09:47:45 am »
@DragonKing people are gonna hate on bannerlord because of the fact that it has been such a long time that they have developed the game just for it to somehow not be done or close to being a finished product. The thing that is hurting bannerlord is that there isn’t any private servers to play on. I didn’t want to buy the game simply because of what the beta testers were telling me how the game wasn’t that good before it was released. Bannerlord is gonna continue to be dead (At least for the NA side) until they can get private servers on there.