Author Topic: High-Low 2v2 Tournament  (Read 10690 times)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
High-Low 2v2 Tournament
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »
High-Low 2v2 Tournament

Introduction

The Idea of this tourney thanks to pickle, is we'll have the highest tiered player partnered with the lowest tiered player. players will be put into three tiers(probably) then the teams will be picked. ex. 1st seed player from tier 1 partnered with last seed player from tier 3. Assuming we'll have mostly equal numbers for high & low tier, middle tier will be 1st seed & last seed in the middle tier partnered.
We'll use stats from the previous leagues & personal knowledge.
Thread is a WIP, rules will be coming out in the next couple days. This is just to see interest & get sign-ups goings.

Rules

Sign-ups

Player
Community Name:
In-game name:
Steam profile:
Do you agree to the rules above?:
[close]
Admin
Community Name:
In-game name:
Steam profile:
Admin experience:
Do you agree to be fair and unbias while enforcing the rules above?:
[close]

Organizers/Players

Organizers/admins
Organizer: Pickle, Jolly
Admins:
[close]
Players 49/-
Jolly
Pickle
Stryker
Vertildr
CommanderDeath
teo
Jazz
Sanders
Gavin
Copot
kore
Svenypoo
Nick
Cytiuz
Mori Calliope(Weebbringer)
Mikey
FancyPants
Hawkdaddy
Hunteh
Kapow
Piktonss
Anthony
Philprime
skinny
Vlad Vlod VALD Vlodia Vladia Vloodia Dolv Dalv VL0D Vladyslavovich Vladimir Vlodymir Vladad Blad Slad Glad
Sleek
Fireboy
Chantakey
plsdon'tpairmewithStryker(cfire)
God
Superb_Pedro
BestNaPlayerGta
oatmeal
Clapz
Spartounious
Red Viper
Watspoon
pk_27
Daniel the Chef
yes(Glenn)
Arrowsords
Antidote
Zachthegreat6
I Eat Beans
James
Runepkyz
Givemeruneasapartnerorelse(BabyJESUS)
Wastee
Crusader

[close]

Bracket

Will be released on the day before the tournament.

Date
tbd
TS:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:28:49 am by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
Re: High-Low 2v2 Tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 10:32:55 pm »
Community Name: Stryker
In-game name: Stryker
Steam profile: Yes
Do you agree to the rules above?: No

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 11:59:55 pm »
hate to rain on the parade but I personally think this is a bad idea. The pairing up of players will be subjective and will probably be messed up especially when get to the mid tier guys.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:05:30 am »
hate to rain on the parade but I personally think this is a bad idea. The pairing up of players will be subjective and will probably be messed up especially when get to the mid tier guys.
holy shit dude give it a chance

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 12:06:13 am »
Community Name: Kristine
In-game name: Kristine
Steam profile: yes
Do you agree to the rules above?: yes

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:07:54 am »
why are trying so hard to be relevant. It's called an opinion and it's an obvious problem with this idea. That's just a fact, not meant to shut it down. bringing it up so it could be addressed and/or fixed. Not everything is an attack towards you. But, keep trying my guy

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 12:11:11 am »
Community Name: Vertildr
In-game name: Vertildr
Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Vertildr/
Do you agree to the rules above?: Yes
movement keyer

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 12:12:38 am »
why are trying so hard to be relevant. It's called an opinion and it's an obvious problem with this idea. That's just a fact, not meant to shut it down. bringing it up so it could be addressed and/or fixed. Not everything is an attack towards you. But, keep trying my guy
He wans't thinking it was an attacked towards him he is only saying give the tournament a try. Yeh I do agree getting to the mid tier part might mess things up though. I would have to see the teams at first before agreeing with your opinion.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:14:26 am by -Nick »

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 12:14:41 am »
Yes the logical thing to do is to assume that I was attacked by your comment towards a really interesting tournament. But, keep trying my guy.

Offline CommanderDeath

• Corporal
  • Name is ironic because I struggle to get kills.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Death
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 12:15:30 am »
Community Name: CommanderDeath
In-game name: CommanderDeath
Steam profile: https://learnwithportals.com/id/ownbegungamer
Do you agree to the rules above?: Yes

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 12:16:07 am »
He wans't thinking it was an attacked towards him he is only saying give the tournament a try.

ye, but the problem is the pairing of players. Pairing the best with the worst players. That's all subjective and people will argue about it. Obviously some match ups might make sense but others will not and it probably won't be balanced. Look at the history of people making lists. You're essentially making a list of all the people signing up then pairing up from bottom and top. And we all remember how accurate every list for NA was

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 12:17:35 am »

You don’t have the power to shut anything down, Risk. Don’t get the idea that you have that power here.  I think having different tournaments and leagues of different sizes will help the community to grow.  It’s a great event for those butt hurt about the community wanting draft leagues.

Kristine never said it was attack nor did he act like that.  Calm down you aren’t in any position to say who is relevant and who isnt. This isn’t high school you tight twat.  Nobody has the ability to say who is relevant and who isn’t. You either play in shit or you don’t.  Stop acting like everything anyone says is an attack on you.

God damn...let shit happen and keep your mouth shut.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:19:56 am by PapaBean »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 12:19:46 am »
Yes the logical thing to do is to assume that I was attacked by your comment towards a really interesting tournament. But, keep trying my guy.

You wouldn't haven't responded unless you were, especially to me. You're cheater and a reason no one wanted you to be apart of the last league that you started. You aren't worth the time and really pointless to talk to.

You don’t have the power to shut anything down, Risk. Don’t get the idea that you have that power here.  I think having different tournaments and leagues of different sizes will help the community to grow.  It’s a great event for those butt hurt about the community wanting draft leagues.

Kristine never said it was attack nor did he act like that.  Calm down you aren’t in any position to say who is relevant and who is. This isn’t high school you tight twat.  Nobody has the ability to say who is relevant and who isn’t. You either play in shit or you don’t.  Stop acting like everything anyone says is an attack on you.

the irrelevancy grows

Offline CommanderDeath

• Corporal
  • Name is ironic because I struggle to get kills.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Death
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 12:21:07 am »

Community Name: CommanderDeath
In-game name: CommanderDeath
Steam profile: You have it
Admin experience: You know it
Do you agree to be fair and unbias while enforcing the rules above?: yes

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 12:21:28 am »

You wouldn't haven't responded unless you were, especially to me. You're cheater and a reason no one wanted you to be apart of the last league that you started. You aren't worth the time and really pointless to talk to.

Kristine never said it was attack nor did he act like that.  Calm down you aren’t in any position to say who is relevant and who is. This isn’t high school you tight twat.  Nobody has the ability to say who is relevant and who isn’t. You either play in shit or you don’t.  Stop acting like everything anyone says is an attack on you.

the irrelevancy grows

That was the best comeback to me ever. Wow way to go.