Author Topic: Did you learn a language playing NW?  (Read 6057 times)

Offline higened243ed

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 243 grouped co-captained
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 85e / 2eFusGre
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Did you learn a language playing NW?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 01:28:25 pm »
Oui oui anthony 8) c’est facile

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 02:35:51 pm »
I am still learning English

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 05:42:28 pm »
Hunter best German teacher. Arminius hurensohn. Harris hund

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 05:47:43 pm »
I learned how to insult someone for speaking French like a Spanish Cow in the 6e? With various other French insults

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 05:50:49 pm »
I am still learning English

turdy turd

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 06:26:52 pm »
Turkish and basic Russian.

Turkish because from when I was 12 year old, I mostly had Turkish friends and they were always speaking Turkish even at our schools in Belgium. I picked a lot of words up and later on they began to teach me. After a while I joined the 88th from Gatts and later on when it disbanded the 98e. They improved my Turkish a lot and now I’m able to have full on conversations in Turkish.

I discovered Russian myself. I saw that everyone thinks it is the most difficult language to learn (or one of the most difficult). I managed to be able to read the whole alphabet in just a few hours as Im very into languages. But in Russian my knowledge is very basic. I use the app duolingo and some learning books for studying.

Those are the two from except Dutch, English. French I had on school because we have to learn it in Belgium, but the language itself is not really my cup of tea.
Yeah I am at the point where I am pretty good at reading how it sounds. But its still hard to look at a word and recognize what it means right away.

Skaen

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 06:31:11 pm »
Turkish and basic Russian.

Turkish because from when I was 12 year old, I mostly had Turkish friends and they were always speaking Turkish even at our schools in Belgium. I picked a lot of words up and later on they began to teach me. After a while I joined the 88th from Gatts and later on when it disbanded the 98e. They improved my Turkish a lot and now I’m able to have full on conversations in Turkish.

I discovered Russian myself. I saw that everyone thinks it is the most difficult language to learn (or one of the most difficult). I managed to be able to read the whole alphabet in just a few hours as Im very into languages. But in Russian my knowledge is very basic. I use the app duolingo and some learning books for studying.

Those are the two from except Dutch, English. French I had on school because we have to learn it in Belgium, but the language itself is not really my cup of tea.
Yeah I am at the point where I am pretty good at reading how it sounds. But its still hard to look at a word and recognize what it means right away.
True, even though I know the alphabet, knowing what a word means is still a very different thing. I can read like everything because I know the cyrillic alphabet, but understanding what it says is is a different story.
I mean, if you have a language you truly love and you're going after it will become automatically more easy than an easier language to learn like for let's say Spanish whilst you maybe don't have interest for.
Practice is the key.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 07:30:56 pm »
might be a general thing but nw helps me a lot when it comes to learning English and especially speaking it
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:06:21 am by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Elias

• Colonel
  • 1323 1312 6̝̬̩͓̯̠̪ͦ͒̀ͫ̚6 ͦ̚6
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Elysio
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 08:01:49 pm »
might be at general thing but nw helps me a lot when it comes to learning English and especially speaking it
+
[⋔エ꒚꒚ﻯ꒒ü¢kᅮᄐ ꒳ᄐ꒒ᅮ
ꎧᄐቄ ꒯ᄐエℕ ﻯ꒒ᗑ꒚
」투Ẕᅮ kꑙ⋔⋔ᅮ ꒤ℕ꒚ᄐℜᄐ Ẕᄐエᅮ

Skaen

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 08:06:11 pm »
might be at general thing but nw helps me a lot when it comes to learning English and especially speaking it
+
True. My grammar is still not what it should be like, but I learned a lot as well by just chatting a lot with people on Steam and talking on Teamspeak. Thanks to this I had very good grades in English lessons, whilst some other people in my class lacked some English knowledge.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2020, 09:45:23 pm »
Not a language but being in the 75e/93rd (Heinrich regs) helped expose me to more Europeans and learn about how they interacted and stuff. I played another game that had a smallish community like this called atwar and that taught me a bit about other cultures and geography too. Kinda crazy that I learned everything I know about other cultures through games and not school.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 12:39:21 am »
I learned to type amk when I see Turks

Offline R1bazZz

• Captain
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 02:25:40 am »
Same
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 05:56:28 am »
Not a language but being in the 75e/93rd (Heinrich regs) helped expose me to more Europeans and learn about how they interacted and stuff. I played another game that had a smallish community like this called atwar and that taught me a bit about other cultures and geography too. Kinda crazy that I learned everything I know about other cultures through games and not school.
Same here if not for NW and EU4 id never be as open minded and educated as i am now due to all the exposure I got to different ways of thinking and peoples.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:10 am »
Oui oui anthony 8) c’est facile
go learn farsi man
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci