Author Topic: [GL] 39th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment "Garibaldi Guards" [NA]  (Read 11164 times)

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
  • Side: Confederacy

TABLE OF CONTENTS
(Click on the links to be taken to the relevant areas)

About UsEnlistmentMediaRegimental HistoryRegimental RanksOrganization

The 39thNY is a semi-professional, English-speaking group. Acting as an organized and disciplined unit of infantrymen, we serve to do our duty through thick and thin. We follow a simple code for our brotherhood: "Nec aspera terrent," or "Hardships do not deter us." No matter the difficulty ahead of us, we will persevere through any problem we come across because we do so together. We perform in events weekly, showcasing our good vibes and fun times for the whole community to witness.

The regiment also partakes in other activities with one another, such as grand strategy games and other modules like NW in M&B: Warband. The regiment has also conducted several occasions where members have met up to share drinks and ultimately just have a good time. Besides gaming, our members also partake in avid conversation regarding what interests them, including tabletop games, history, music, and more. The core concept of our regiment is a place for strangers to become friends and for friends to become brothers. Outside of events, members are encouraged to spend time with each other and to become friends outside of the game. We have had members from all over the globe, predominantly from the United States and Canada, and continue to encourage anyone who is interested to join and be a part of this community regardless of location.

The history of the current 39thNY starts with the NW regiment named the 21st. The 21st was founded in 2015, under Colonel Eireman, Lieutenant Colonel Dimefan, and Sergeant Major Thomas. Soon Dimefan and Thomas decided to move on from the 21st and Lieutenant Hanover Stepped up to help lead the regiment. But Hanover would have to step down as he was joining the Marine Corps. The community was one that saw itself as a disciplined line infantry regiment and looked for perfection when it came to this. Alexander and his brother Funnyfreak would soon take the reins of the regiment from Eireman and Hanover, ushering in a new age of the 21st. We moved over to BCoF to join this new experience. We joined the Confederacy with the 14thVI. However, due to a lack of union presence at the time we changed to the union under the 6thNY and joined Grant's Legion. Yet, when the previous 39thNY was renamed, Alexander decided to restyle the regiment in the form of the 39thNY.

Enlistment!

The 39th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment "Garibaldi Guards" [NA] are recruiting today! 
We are a long lasting, continuous regiment from NW that has decided to continue on into BCoF

To enlist today contact an officer below

Youtube
Spoiler
[close]

Screenshots
Spoiler

Taken by Marisa of the 39thNY
[close]

This regiment was mustered (assembled) in New York City by the Union Défense Committee, under the leadership of Col. Frederick George D'Utassy by special authority from the War Department during the Civil War of the United States. On May 27, 1861, they deployed to Washington D.C., having been authorized for a period of three years by New York State.

Initially, the regiment was divided into eleven companies of men of different national heritage: three German, three Hungarian, one Swiss, one Italian, one French, one Spanish, and one Portuguese. On May 31, 1863, the regiment was consolidated into four companies: A, B, C and D. The regiment expanded as new companies were recruited in the field. On December 8, 1863, Company E was added; on December 14, 1863, Company F joined. On December 19, 1863, Company G was added; and on December 30, 1863 Company H joined. Companies I and K joined in January, 1864.

Companies A, B, C and D were mustered out in New York city June 24, 1864. Enlistees who were not entitled to be discharged were transferred to other companies within the regiment. Six companies: E, F, G, H, I and K, remained in service. In October, 1864, a new Company D, mustered mostly from Malone, New York joined the regiment for one year. On June 2, 1865, the members of the regiment not eligible to be mustered out were transferred into the 185th Infantry.

During its period of service, 5 officers and 62 enlisted men were killed in action; 3 officers and 49 enlisted men died of wounds received in action; 1 officer and 158 enlisted men died of disease and other causes. In total, 278 men (9 officers and 269 enlistees) died while in service in the regiment. Of those, 1 officer and 99 enlisted men died while captured by the Rebel army.

The regiment left the New York State May 28, 1861; served at and near Washington, D. C., from June 1, 1861; in the 1st Brigade, 5th Division, Army of Northeastern Virginia, from July 13, 1861; in Blenker's Brigade, Division of Potomac, from August 4, 1861; in Stahel's Brigade, Blenker's Division, Army of the Potomac, from October 15, 1861; in 1st Brigade, same division, Mountain Department, from April, 1862; in White's Brigade, Army of Virginia, at Winchester, Va., from July, 1862; at Harper's Ferry, W. Va., from September, 1862; at Camp Douglass, Chicago, Ill., from September 27, 1862; near Washington, D.C., 1st Brigade, Casey's Division, defenses of Washington, from December, 1862; in January, 1863, in 3d Brigade, Casey's, later Abercrombie's Division, 22d Corps; in 3d Brigade, 3d Division, 2d Corps, Army of the Potomac, from June 25, 1863; in the 3d, and for a time in the Consolidated, Brigade, 1st Division, 2d Corps, Army of the Potomac, from March, 1864; and was honorably discharged and mustered out, under Col. Augustus Funk, July I, 1865, except (new) Company D, which had been mustered out, June 7, 1865, at Alexandria, Va.

First Battle of Bull Run
Battle of Gettysburg
Battle of Bristoe Station
Battle of the Wilderness
Siege of Petersburg
First Battle of Deep Bottom

Commissioned Officers
Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
Major
Captain
1st Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Non-Commissioned Officers
Sergeant-Major
Colour Sergeant 
1st-Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sergeant
Corporal

Enlisted
Lance Corporal
Regular
Private First Class
Private
Recruit

Special Ranks
Engineer
Surgeon
Red Shirt Veteran

39th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment
Total- 27 
Commissioned Officers- 4 
Non-Commissioned Officers- 6
Enlisted- 17
Spoiler
Commissioned Officers
Col. Alexander
LtCol. Funnyfreak
Maj. Truth
2ndLt. Vertildr
NCO's
CSgt Asthar Jane
Sgt Jobby
Cpl Fox
Cpl Alex Snap
Cpl Charles
Cpl CoolPenguin
Enlisted
LCpl Kober
RSVet Parker
RSVet SerWall
Pfc Carter
Pfc Marisa
Pfc Faded
Pvt Malo
Pvt Mikey
Pvt RedViper
Pvt Sven
Pvt BabyJesus
Pvt Horse
Pvt Yoloswag
Pvt Anthony
Pvt HiReaper
Rct Gaius
Rct Cwater
[close]

Thread made by Zanderthegreat
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 02:11:07 am by Vertildr »
movement keyer

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
Re: 39th New York Infantry Regiment "Garibaldi Guards" [NA]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:38 am »
reserved
movement keyer

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:45 am »
reserved
movement keyer

Offline Lee

• Private
  • 11th Mississippi Infantry Confederate Army
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Spades
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:09:53 am »
Best of luck.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 02:17:17 pm »
good luck

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 06:53:21 am »
Bump

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 04:03:23 pm »
yeyyyy

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 08:48:09 am »
I'm excited boyos, are you?

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 10:41:19 pm »

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 05:29:32 am »
Reg reps are welcome to join the discord aswell, I'd love to get in contact with the rest of the North American community

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 11:54:26 pm »
Reg reps are welcome to join the discord aswell, I'd love to get in contact with the rest of the North American community
Thank you stryker, I will now be joining the discord!!!!

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 03:14:16 am »
Thank you stryker, I will now be joining the discord!!!!

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 09:52:12 am »
Made myself a resolution to keep the roster updated, if I don't feel free to cuss me out

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 07:59:37 am »
So close to 50 members boys we got this