Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 115817 times)

Offline Epix

• Sergeant
  • Reg-Rollers be Rolling
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Epix
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 3]
« Reply #915 on: June 01, 2020, 07:40:25 am »
All of this news was pretty entertaining

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #916 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:31 am »
All of this news was pretty entertaining
MATT Is Angry that I was thinking about another player. I was scolded for even thinking Yoshie was good. He isn't cooking dinner for a week. Also I am on laundry duty for two weeks. Kinda sucks, might have to hire a maid who knows.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 01, 2020, 08:39:34 am »

BREAKING: A close inside source is reporting to me that Yoshie has uninstalled. When asked why his only response was calling his coach a f****t.

Could this be the end for Blademasters?

Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #918 on: June 01, 2020, 12:44:20 pm »

BREAKING: A close inside source is reporting to me that Yoshie has uninstalled. When asked why his only response was calling his coach a f****t.

Could this be the end for Blademasters?

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 01, 2020, 06:01:55 pm »
Mid Season Overview:

Who is poised to be top of the regular season, heading into playoffs?

At the moment it is still looking unclear. Blademasters were the only team to come into week 3 with a positive score. Despite this, they under-performed and seemed to implode, leaving many to wonder the integrity of the team going forward. Blademasters, when tilt free and with all starters playing, are easily a contender for the top position. However, coming hot off the press this week, we have two underdog teams that have risen up to the occasion; BONK and Coronanana. Many people think that on paper Bonk and Corona have the weakest teams in terms of skill. However, it seems like perhaps some of these superstar players are unable to work with their teammates and are allowing Bonk and Corona to work better together and function as a team. Corona was resilient in last matches game, where they lost the 1st map 16-12 and managed to bring it back from there. On the other hand, BONK, just straight up destroyed Squirtle Squad, did they have super teamwork that match? Or was the game just a fluke for SS? It's hard to answer. In both matches vs the underdogs, the other team were missing starters (VetroG and Sanders). Perhaps with these starters, the matches could of gone differently. The thing is though is that the season is still up in the air. TR and Vindica both have a match left that are against a top 3 seed, while SS faces off against TR and Vindica in their next two matches. TR can come out on top if: they beat SS next week and BM next week, if BM loses against BONK, and if Corona beats bonk. Vindica can come out on top if: they beat Corona and SS and if Corona loses to bonk. Lastly, SS needs to: beat Vindica and SS and all of the top 3 seeds need to lose at least 1 match. This is indicative that currently the playoff picture is uncertain. Factoring in the team drama, personal skill and previous experiences, it's nearly impossible to pick a clear favorite going into the last couple weeks.

Who is standing out? (besides the obvious)

This section is meant to shine some light on some of the more underdog players that have been doing well. Yes, everybody already knows that Russian, Cwater, Yoshie, Yolo and etc are doing great. However, lets recognize some of the other people killing it. Babyj. I might get some weird looks for this one and I get it. However, Babyj is #8 for total kills, #8 for first bloods and #12 for total points. BabyJ is not the most talented player listed here, but he has proven himself as a valuable member of the team. He does need to fix his deaths, as he is the first one dead the most (34) and has the most overall deaths (150). People are doubting BabyJ. In last nights match, people were thinking that Yoshie and BabyJ had conducted a name swap, fooling people into thinking it was yoshie doing so well, while in fact, it was BabyJ.

Oatmeal is on here due to him performing extremely well and under the shadow of his teammate, Godfried. Oatmeal is #2 for best KD(1.47) , #13 for total kills (134). Oatmeal also has a decent amount of First Bloods (14) but even more impressive, is that he only has 8 First Deaths, which is the best excluding subs who haven't played all too much. All in all, Oatmeal has been playing a clean, safe and proper game. I've also noticed that Oatmeal works well with his team. Most of the time, I have seen him playing on a side with somebody else and working well with them. Oatmeal definitely deserves some recognition and praise.

Ghostrider is in the same boat as Oatmeal is. He is shadowed over by him teammates, Anthony and Yoloswag. Ghostrider is currently #1 for best KD (1.54), extremely low amount of teamkills (4), he is #18 in kills (114) and has a low death count of 74. Furthermore, Ghost also has a pretty balanced First Blood to First Death count, with 17 First bloods and 15 First Deaths. Overall, I believe that Ghost is slept on and not talked about enough. He works well with his team and steps up to the plate if he has to. He plays a clean, safe and proper game just like Oatmeal and has contributed to Corona's 2 game winning streak.

Midseason Remarks

Despite this league pushing the limits of my marriage, I am enjoying it thoroughly. I don't think that in either of the last two seasons I have hosted that I have spent so much time and money into a league. Luckily, I really feel like it is paying off and coming together. There has been some drama, but for the most part it has been smooth. We're over halfway done with the midseason, and the race is so tight it's impossible to predict who will win. This is the best thing ever for any tournament because it keeps people on their toes, and keeps it interesting. I feel like I am doing something good for the community as well. 2020 NW seems like it has been extremely slow compared to the golden days. The last GF tournament was a month before I made the thread about this, so I feel like i'm directly helping keep the game alive - at least a little bit. I'm having fun with hosting each match and listening to what you guys have to say. I am extremely receptive to feedback about myself, and the league, which is why I'm constantly asking for feedback and taking in what you guys say (to the best of my ability). I think the stream has been controversial for some people - but I think ultimately it is a good thing since it makes this more professional (and because personally I love doing it, also shekels). Lastly, down below, I want to thank some people who have been instrumental in either helping me, or making this league run so far.

Windflower - Cohosting, Image Design, Helping Out, Reffing, Map Making, Stream.
Jolly - Server hosting, Ideas, Support
Wastee - Helping with rules, Suggesting new Ideas, Reffing almost every match (and doing a good job at it), Stats sheet, Fantasy League, Team Captain.
Dan The Chef - Commentating for the Stream and doing an amazing job making the streams watchable.
Glenn - Commentating for the stream and also doing an amazing job.
Yoloswag - Future commentating, Ideas and Rules support.
NickCole - Refereeing a lot of matches, Feedback.
BabyJ - Donating around 40 - 50 dollars onto the stream
Epix - Donating around 10 - 15 dollars onto the stream

A Special Thank You To:
Others who have donated towards the stream
Team Captains for volunteering
Referees for volunteering (tyfys)
and last but not least, the players, for staying active and making this league and everything a possibility.

*If you think I missed you, no worries. I thought of this last second and thought it would be a nice gesture. Just let me know.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:10:07 pm by Aurum »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 01, 2020, 06:13:19 pm »
thought it would be nice to make a decent post to mark halfway through the regular season
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 01, 2020, 06:17:12 pm »
thanks chief

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #922 on: June 01, 2020, 06:17:34 pm »
I knew that $100 donation would be worth it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #923 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:12 pm »
BabyJ is a former league MVP. Put some respect on his name.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 01, 2020, 06:26:44 pm »
Week 3 Bonus Recipients:

Oatmeal & NickCole

Oatmeal was picked due to having the least amount of First Deaths when excluding people who haven't played the same amount of time. Oatmeal has chosen to differ the money to somebody else, fartknocker will get it. Nickcole was chosen as the opposite to Oatmeal, as he has gotten the most amount of First Bloods so far in the league. This week I have chosen to do two bonuses due to it being a special week and the donations. Total prize pool is now up to $310. Each recipient gets $10.

Previous week winners:
Wastee - Week 1 most kills (differed from Russian)
Fancy - Week 2 best sub

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:58:41 pm by Aurum »

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 01, 2020, 06:32:32 pm »

did not realize it was that much

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #926 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:16 pm »

20 subs $5 each. Idk how much you actually get from it tho
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 01, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »

20 subs $5 each. Idk how much you actually get from it tho

it doesn't tell me how much you personally did since they were gifted subs but i'm pretty sure it was like $50

|Viper|

« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2020, 08:30:30 pm »
Oatmeal still owes Irish an EU4 DLC this is bullshit

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 4]
« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »
yeh, oatmeal really turned it on for this league, really performing great. bonk guys are pretty swell dudes so im sure the team atmosphere helps
ghostrider still hasn't told me what the 7811 is about but i think that's the key to his success

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)