Author Topic: How to make custom river with decreasing water level?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
How to make custom river with decreasing water level?
« on: September 01, 2019, 04:02:48 pm »
Hello all, I have a question - how can I make a river with decreasing water level? I'm making a map of hilly terrain with river descending from some hills to a plain and then to the sea. If i will make the river just by lowering terrain under the water level on the map - there will be extremely high banks in the hilly part of the map.

So I guess the only option is to make a mesh of the river and adjust terrain around it. I made such mesh, assigned river_mud material to it, so it looks more or less good (but I think there is no water flow like in the scene's water), but of course there is no sound of water splashing when walking in it.

It would be nice if there is a way to make this river have effects of a river (one can drown if he is too long under water in deep places, there is a sound when one walks on the river etc.). Can someone help me?

Offline sirbiff

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Brown
Re: How to make custom river with decreasing water level?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:34:31 pm »
You can alter the water level by altering the terrain code. The only way I can think of to make a sloped river is if you used the water prop and rotated it. Probably would be unsuitable for a big river, but would work for a small stream which runs into a larger river.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
Re: How to make custom river with decreasing water level?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 01:07:54 pm »
Thank you! Sadly, I already made my river with regular plain water, but at cost of historical accuracy