Author Topic: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread  (Read 26664 times)

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 04:20:25 pm »
The competition is really great. Thanks Tardet, the 5e and the new organisators, the cavalry communitie will play. I am exciting to play against anothers great regiment in D1.

But i have just 2 problems with the competition. Yes, i just want say 2 thinks.

First of all, the 8pk is a very good regiment and i am suprised to see that they are not in the competition. They are competitive and some regiments like the 12e regiment de hussards or some infantry regiment didn't care of the cavalry community. You have add some weird regiment wich i never heard or saw in any cav competition and you prefer them. You let the 8pk out of the competition. Why? Because they are heavy cavalry? Or just you didn't saw them?

And about this rule : "Teams should be balanced perfectly, meaning there will be no +1 allowed if one regiment has more than the other. The only exception to this rule is if the other regiment fails to bring the required amount for their respective league, meaning if a League 1 regiment only brings 9, the opposing regiment can still play with the minimum of 10. A regiment cannot play more than 2 less of the minimum requirement, meaning a League 1 regiment can not play with 7, and a League 2 regiment can not play with 5."

The minimum for the D1 is 10 players? I remembered when the 4ehuss or the 5ehuss can bring 18 players and more. Why only 10? To give the possibility for little regiment to play in the D1? But  10vs10 is really little for a large competition. The minimum for the last CNWL and CNC was 12. And for the last CCL it was 15. I mean, 10 players is too small and the regiment of D1 can bring more. At least 12.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 05:09:30 pm »
The competition is really great. Thanks Tardet, the 5e and the new organisators, the cavalry communitie will play. I am exciting to play against anothers great regiment in D1.

First of all, the 8pk is a very good regiment and i am suprised to see that they are not in the competition. They are competitive and some regiments like the 12e regiment de hussards or some infantry regiment didn't care of the cavalry community. You have add some weird regiment wich i never heard or saw in any cav competition and you prefer them. You let the 8pk out of the competition. Why? Because they are heavy cavalry? Or just you didn't saw them?

And about this rule : "Teams should be balanced perfectly, meaning there will be no +1 allowed if one regiment has more than the other. The only exception to this rule is if the other regiment fails to bring the required amount for their respective league, meaning if a League 1 regiment only brings 9, the opposing regiment can still play with the minimum of 10. A regiment cannot play more than 2 less of the minimum requirement, meaning a League 1 regiment can not play with 7, and a League 2 regiment can not play with 5."

The minimum for the D1 is 10 players? I remembered when the 4ehuss or the 5ehuss can bring 18 players and more. Why only 10? To give the possibility for little regiment to play in the D1? But  10vs10 is really little for a large competition. The minimum for the last CNWL and CNC was 12. And for the last CCL it was 15. I mean, 10 players is too small and the regiment of D1 can bring more. At least 12.

NW Has been slowly decreasing, the 10 player limit is supposed to still allow some of the better regiments to play League 1 even if they can't bring the 12 mark. Also, this competition is starting in the summer. Attendance is often down around that time, so it is mostly also a way so that we don't have to postpone this competition another month.

Realistically. If both teams bring 15 you can still play 15, so I don't see a problem. So if the 4e brings 18 and u do. Then good. Have fun in an 18v18. This isn't LIMITING it to 10v10, it's a minimum of 10v10. The maximum is unlimited. Even if its 20v20.

I don't see how you not knowing the regiment makes it not active in the competetive community. All regiments in League 2 have 1v1ed me before, and I know of other regiments that they have 1v1ed aswell. All of them have dabbled in competetive. And a large league like this is a beautiful way to get them to incorporate them even more. And out of all regiments in League 2, the only semi-unknown one would be the 12e, I can see why you would not fully understand their addition, however I think they will be a good addition.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:18:48 pm by Akimoto »

Offline Chri

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Huss_Cpt_Chri // Nr4-OLt aD
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 05:14:03 pm »

I agree. Except: the "Inf-Regs" u mentioned are all Cav detachments. And some of them already participated in previous editions of CNWL. I find it unfair to question their right to participate in this tournament.
''Wärst du Kornett hättest du das Duell gewonnen'' -[Nr.101]Nicolas 2k17

Godemporer of the most professional Cav in ze World!!!111!!!11

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 05:14:26 pm »
Ok, i can understand the new minimum. That's for the 1erhuss and the 2lr a chance to play in the D1. Nr4, nr6, 5e, 4e and DCL and probably 8th will have more mens.

But for the L2, i really don't understand your choice. Where are the 8pk, the 14th, the Nr12. They were old regiment in the D2. Because take some NA regiment and infantry regiment is, for my opignion, useless.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Chri

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Huss_Cpt_Chri // Nr4-OLt aD
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 05:16:23 pm »
Ok, i can understand the new minimum. That's for the 1erhuss and the 2lr a chance to play in the D1. Nr4, nr6, 5e, 4e and DCL and probably 8th will have more mens.

But for the L2, i really don't understand your choice. Where are the 8pk, the 14th, the Nr12. They were old regiment in the D2. Because take some NA regiment and infantry regiment is, for my opignion, useless.

Nr12 disbanded last year and was a sole Inf-Reg and as far as I know the 14th is also disbanded/inactive.
''Wärst du Kornett hättest du das Duell gewonnen'' -[Nr.101]Nicolas 2k17

Godemporer of the most professional Cav in ze World!!!111!!!11

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 05:17:40 pm »

Nr12 disbanded last year and was a sole Inf-Reg and as far as I know the 14th is also disbanded/inactive.
Sad but the 14th still existing but don't want be active for the D2
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:19:45 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2019, 05:19:54 pm »

To dismiss the 'infantry regiments' on the sole purpose of them not being independent cavalry regiments is quite unfair. The 33rd Cavalry has played in several past seasons of the CNWL, so inviting them was a no brainer. 2ndHess and 32nd have also been very active recently in the competitive cavalry community, 32nd for example doing a weekly 1v1 vs 1er. You have nothing to worry about Dragon.

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 05:22:45 pm »

Chri already answered this for me, but nontheless:

14th - I messaged the 14th, however they have been inactive and are basically disbanded, Sharkie will still take part in streaming the matches for us however. So that's very nice of him. But that's your answer for the 14th.
Nr12 - They are disbanded, they renamed to the Nr3, and are now fully dead.
8pk - The 8pk is certainly a good regiment. And I don't doubt that. The CCL Staff decided on the regiments, these are the regiments we decided on.
The 8pk was skipped for a few reasons. 1 being that in most events I see them in, they don't bring 10. And you are saying we should even up the amount of players further than 10, most matches I tried to organize with the 8pk the answer was that they could only do 5v5s, this was a concern for the CCL staff so we decided to skip them this season.
Other Concerns

NA: 12e is indeed led by an NA guy. However the 12e is very active within the EU community, attends EU events and has participated in 1v1s with EU regiments. I don't see a problem in the addition of them when they have an EU and NA community. They promised me they can bring the numbers during EU times, and they are technically also an EU Regiment. They play cavalry, and have done competetive. Seems like a fine addition

INF Regs:
33rd has had an active cavalry for ages, and is a well respected regiment. Don't see a problem. They also recently have done some more competetive stuff.
2ndHess had a very good cavalry for L2 in the past, and have now reformed under Artigo with a good sized cavalry that are half-decent. Also a respected reg, no problem for me. They do competetive.
32nd has been VERY active in the Cavalry Competetive Scene with weekly 1v1s vs the 1erHuss where even DeLaBedoyere has said that they improved a lot and are getting better. Don't see a problem, another old and respected reg.

If there is any further questions you can always ask them :) Thank you for voicing your concerns!

Offline Atlatan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2019, 05:29:59 pm »

I rly don’t know why 8pk got rejected. We have weekly 1v1 and cav events. Our regiment has also 3 years and we’ve never abandoned any tournament. Bringing 10 ppl for events isn’t  problem for us. For example we played last time against 3e (Current 9e) with 10+. When have we asked for 5v5? I think it could be several months ago. We play 1v1 normally. Last times against 9e, kk_Nr4, KGL, 2ndHess or 2Lr. We’ve asked about participation in the tournament and got answer: "All slots are chosen, can’t accept you". I remember the similar situation with 14pk in last CCL. They were still active heavy reg and they got also rejected.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:59:19 pm by Atlatan »

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 05:31:17 pm »
I agree for the cavalry detachement. About the Nr12 and 14th too.
About the 8pk, the minimum attendance is 8 in the D2 no? And i saw a match of the 8pk against the 3e. They was 11 and they won 7-3. I mean, they have the right like another regiment of D2 to play this CCL :)
They are probably one of the best regiment in the D2
but it's your choice and your rights
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:35:33 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 05:38:38 pm »
We understand your frustration but the regiments have been chosen, and reasons have been given above. Lets end this conversation here  :)

Offline Tylerus

• Second Lieutenant
  • 33rd Cavalry Company CO
    • View Profile
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Tylerus
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2019, 04:53:44 pm »
The 33rd Cavalry has played in several past seasons of the CNWL, so inviting them was a no brainer.
33rd has had an active cavalry for ages, and is a well respected regiment.

I am just here soaking up the 33rd praise  :D 8)

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2019, 05:19:22 pm »

Haha m8, dont be to sure about that. We had a break, we lost a few members ;/

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 02:32:23 pm »
you should also take into consideration that there is still vacation in many/all countries and you have many people who are doing holidays in the next couple weeks so it should be fine :)

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:14 pm »
I agree for the cavalry detachement. About the Nr12 and 14th too.
About the 8pk, the minimum attendance is 8 in the D2 no? And i saw a match of the 8pk against the 3e. They was 11 and they won 7-3. I mean, they have the right like another regiment of D2 to play this CCL :)
They are probably one of the best regiment in the D2
but it's your choice and your rights

To give you an answer why we are not in (14th) it Dragon is for two reasons. 1) We simply no longer have the man power, where we have been inactive for the last month or so, some of our members have agreed to play for other regiments for the CCL which is understandable. 2) For me CCL was a league to find out who the best regiment was out of the top regiments and I currently still view it that way, to me a second league is pointless for a tournament that was designed to find the best of the best but thats just my opinion and thats why Ill only be livestreaming League 1. But thanks for giving the good old 14th consideration on why we are not in. Never know... maybe after the CCL a lot of our guys will come back and we will be in what ever next tournament goes on ^^
May the Shark be with you!