Author Topic: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion  (Read 17108 times)

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:40:17 pm »
I will give this till 12 am central US on the 26th before i lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.

Troll apps will not be added, and you must answer all of the questions in the app. Consider this your warning.  I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well.  Check the stickied threads for help.

Code
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]EU or NA?:[/b]
[b]Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?:[/b]
[b]Why should you become CR?:[/b]
[b]What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?[/b]

EU:
Blaze
Spoiler
Name: Blaze
EU or NA?: EU
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.

My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.

How would I achieve this? I would become that “Middle-Man” between members of the community and the higher up staff members who make decisions here on the FSE Forums, I would ensure that everything gets passed onto them whether the idea is out of this world! Or a very good idea, I would not be biased to anyone / any side of the community, I would voice both the competitive side and the general side of the community to ensure that everyone gets heard.

My second reason is that I wish to try and gain a new influx of people by trying to create new fun, unique things (new sub-boards and such) that will intrigue old and possibly new members of the community to get engaged with.
Another thing I’d like to achieve is to reduce the amount of toxicity on the forum, in general the community is great but individuals/groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.

How would I achieve this? I would look into implementing new sub-boards and things of a sort in order to catch more people's attention, one main idea I had was a Give-Away sub-board, now to some this could sound lame however I personally have never seen it done a forums before this board would allow members of the community would be able to do giveaways however to avoid people making multiple accounts and such, certain restrictions would be put into place, for example, you must reach a certain rank or number of hours in order to see the forum. (Of-course this is just an idea.)
I would also assist the current moderation team in enforcing the forums rules, to try and cut down on toxicity and such.

My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on FSE lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.

How would I achieve this? Well, the main way I would achieve this, I would encourage members of the community that want to have their opinions voices or even just want to have a general chat that my forum pms, my steam, and discord are always open for anyone to pop me a message, I love communicating with the community and engaging with them as much as possible making not only their experience but my experience better and creating that better more positive atmosphere.

My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

How would I achieve this? The first thing I would do to achieve this is I would do extensive research into the current sub-boards of the forum and see the levels of activity in a certain period of months, after that I would place my suggestions forward to the staff team whether the board wasn’t worth keeping, or whether it was, if the case is that it was worth to keep it I would try and brainstorm ideas as well as take ideas from the community in order to revamp it.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? - My first and second points.

In addition to all this
Although I am not as involved in the competitive side of the community and never have been, as previously seen by some great CR candidates (Herishey) he was able to focus his attention a lot into the competitive side of the community (since that is what the forum is majorly built up of) I am willing to give it a go and try and whip up some projects for the competitive side of the community however, doing this alone would be difficult thats why I would need the contributions from the community to come forward with ideas so that these may be looked into further and possibly developed into something bigger.

Thank you for reading and considering me to be your EU Community Representative.
[close]

NA:
Stroke0fd34th
Spoiler
Name:Godfreid
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Ye
Why should you become CR?: I've been apart of the community for a long time, I'm very familiar with the various personalities within the community and the issues facing it.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?  Promoting/Stimulating competitive and public events, and continuing to encourage crossover between the two
[close]

TheJollyCanadian
Spoiler
Name: TheJollyCanadian
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: I helped Windflower through his past terms almost acting as a co-CR or what have you, by Being very active on the forums and bringing new suggestions and helping in anyway he saw fit. I am well informed about the community the competitive side(with my past experience in hosting tournaments, helping run the 4v4 league and currently as a ref for NANWL) Casual events side(being a past admin/host for events although I currently have stepped away from that) and in public players side(Those who play on BBG botsurvival or anyother BBG server. and will use this community to my advantage when looking to gain new players).
I also believe I am well liked within the community making it easier to work with others and will be very open to all suggestions from everyone to better this community.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? This Term I'd like to make CR less of a one man show and look into electing a Co-CR or a community manager, taking the idea from Dan the man. This would allow for more communication between the community and CR team(if the Co-CR or community manager were to use their connections which the CR may not have) to better the community as a whole.

I will also be continuing Tired's legacy in the BBG community by hosting more events with the BBG community in attempt to gather interest and potentially have the public players of NW(Those who do not go on FSE or join regiements but make a large number of the Player base.) join our side of the community in regiments and also in tournaments. Doing this as well as encouraging more noob friendly Tournaments(like the amateur duel tournament that I hosted) do encourage them to join the more competitive side of NW.
Even if I am not elected as the NA CR I will still be going about this plan and will be more than happy to work alongside whom ever is chosen. If you have any suggestions for events or would be interested in helping going about this just message me on steam.
[close]

Forgotfulking
Spoiler
Name: Lady Alicia Moraine
Why should you become CR?: My experience with administrative work and organizing which I feel is imperative for anyone who holds the CR Role. I'm much more known in casual and the competitive community. I've run events and tournaments in both and am fairly active on the forums which also will need to be moderated. I believe i'm the best candidate due to my perseverance and my never give up attitude.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term: Reorganizing and promoting Casual events which of recent have seen a drop in standards and adminship due to 2ndhan departure. My second would be to focus on the competitive community I've been considering doing a Regimental Groupfighting League but may scale it down to a 5v5 league or even maybe 8v8 both to give competitive the jump it needs to be more active and something for the competitive people to be excited about. Also keeping BOB's supremacy of the groupfighting servers would also be one of my priority's.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:44:14 am by Thunderstormer »
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
Re: 16th Election (July-Sept Term) - Candidates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 09:58:41 pm »
Name: Blaze
Why should you become CR?: Well, there are a number of reasons on why I want to become a Community Representative.

My first point, which is also my biggest point is to ensure that the members of the forum are getting what they want and that their suggestions and concerns are being acknowledged and are being dealt with, I feel like this is something which really does need some attention, because on multiple occasions I have had various conversations with members from the community regarding great suggestions that they had and how they were not being heard, I want to be the voice for the people I want their messages to be heard by the staff team of this forum.

How would I achieve this? I would become that “Middle-Man” between members of the community and the higher up staff members who make decisions here on the FSE Forums, I would ensure that everything gets passed onto them whether the idea is out of this world! Or a very good idea, I would not be biased to anyone / any side of the community, I would voice both the competitive side and the general side of the community to ensure that everyone gets heard.

My second reason is that I wish to try and gain a new influx of people by trying to create new fun, unique things (new sub-boards and such) that will intrigue old and possibly new members of the community to get engaged with.
Another thing I’d like to achieve is to reduce the amount of toxicity on the forum, in general the community is great but individuals/groups of people are creating scenes and drama which shouldn't tear the community apart which is something I think should be looked into and regarded, which is something I promise to do.

How would I achieve this? I would look into implementing new sub-boards and things of a sort in order to catch more people's attention, one main idea I had was a Give-Away sub-board, now to some this could sound lame however I personally have never seen it done a forums before this board would allow members of the community would be able to do giveaways however to avoid people making multiple accounts and such, certain restrictions would be put into place, for example, you must reach a certain rank or number of hours in order to see the forum. (Of-course this is just an idea.)
I would also assist the current moderation team in enforcing the forums rules, to try and cut down on toxicity and such.

My third reason for me wanting to become a Community Representative is that I have been playing the game for 5 years, I have been on FSE lurking for around 3 years (I had an account beforehand but lost the details) in my time of being here, I have met some wonderful people who have made my experience of this game amazing, some other people who haven't had the best experiences with me, but I say let bygones be bygones I wish to become more engaged with this community and I wish to be a person where people can come to me, to get their opinions expressed and have a very high chance of a definite answer back because I feel that the members of the forum should be heard and that both sides of the forum staff and members should be more engaged into one another.

How would I achieve this? Well, the main way I would achieve this, I would encourage members of the community that want to have their opinions voices or even just want to have a general chat that my forum pms, my steam, and discord are always open for anyone to pop me a message, I love communicating with the community and engaging with them as much as possible making not only their experience but my experience better and creating that better more positive atmosphere.

My fourth and last point, for me wanting to become CR is to again as said above tackle problems on the forums, such as the dying and or dead sub-boards, that either need reviving or revamping in order to gain the community's attention again.

How would I achieve this? The first thing I would do to achieve this is I would do extensive research into the current sub-boards of the forum and see the levels of activity in a certain period of months, after that I would place my suggestions forward to the staff team whether the board wasn’t worth keeping, or whether it was, if the case is that it was worth to keep it I would try and brainstorm ideas as well as take ideas from the community in order to revamp it.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? - My first and second points.

In addition to all this
Although I am not as involved in the competitive side of the community and never have been, as previously seen by some great CR candidates (Herishey) he was able to focus his attention a lot into the competitive side of the community (since that is what the forum is majorly built up of) I am willing to give it a go and try and whip up some projects for the competitive side of the community however, doing this alone would be difficult thats why I would need the contributions from the community to come forward with ideas so that these may be looked into further and possibly developed into something bigger.

Thank you for reading and considering me to be your EU Community Representative.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:23:10 am by Blaze »
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 11:26:38 pm »
Name: GlukTheWalrus
EU or NA?:  Both
Why should you become CR?: Been a community activist for ages. 15thHvB boycott, 63e boycott, probably a few other boycotts. Promoted servers, ran events, hosted tournaments. Also I made this.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Prolonging our inevitable demise. Giving a voice to the community that hasn't been heard in a long time.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 12:54:45 am »
Good luck to whoever applies. Hopefully you can stay active.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:55:09 am »
Smh
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 04:22:33 am »
Who ME?

I had a good run :[

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 05:31:10 am »
Name:Godfreid
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Ye
Why should you become CR?: I've been apart of the community for a long time, I'm very familiar with the various personalities within the community and the issues facing it.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?  Promoting/Stimulating competitive and public events, and continuing to encourage crossover between the two

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 06:13:10 am »

Y-You're applying for both NA and EU CR?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 08:15:13 am »

It wouldn't be allowed so the App is denied.  I also wouldn't consider them making "this" true either if they are referring to the CR program.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 05:01:53 pm »
Gl to all
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 05:04:17 pm »
Name: Furrnox
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Sure

Why should you become CR?:
Do you believe this game is dying and there's nothing we can do about it?
Do you think CR is just an empty title worn by idiots?

Then you're in luck because I'm here to help, I promise too make absolutely zero changes just like
previous CRs and I'll even wear the title so you don't have too.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
Continuing the status quo.

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 07:00:35 pm »
Spoiler
Name: Furrnox
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Sure

Why should you become CR?:
Do you believe this game is dying and there's nothing we can do about it?
Do you think CR is just an empty title worn by idiots?

Then you're in luck because I'm here to help, I promise too make absolutely zero changes just like
previous CRs and I'll even wear the title so you don't have too.

What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term?
Continuing the status quo.
[close]

Denied.  See OP for more information.

Thank you.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 08:43:51 pm »
Troll is subjective.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 08:57:56 pm »
Name: GlukTheWalrus
EU or NA?:  NA
Why should you become CR?: Been a community activist for ages. 15thHvB boycott, 63e boycott, probably a few other boycotts. Promoted servers, ran events, hosted tournaments. Also, I made this.
What are one or two things you commit to doing as CR this term? Prolonging our inevitable demise. Giving a voice to the community that hasn't been heard in a long time.

It wouldn't be allowed so the App is denied.  I also wouldn't consider them making "this" true either if they are referring to the CR program.
It was me and duuring. Can't remember who pitched the idea first but the first convo of CR and how it would work was between me and duuring, so fuck off. Me and duuring were pretty close friends for a while, almost went to the netherlands to hangout with him.

Edit: You're welcome to ask him if you like, if he even remembers. It's not a big deal, but I don't like being accused of lying.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:20:57 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 09:46:12 pm »
Most of the people on this forum are comp players, and what I've been saying for YEARS is that comp is only half of this community. The comp side has a tendency to keep with their own, semi-comp and casual regs tend to have a harder time gettin in with the people who run/attend comp events, like you. The problem with comp is that it doesn't draw too many new players to the game, casual does. As silly as this sounds, we STILL, in 2019 are getting new players to the community. What keeps these people around mostly is casual, not comp. What we need is to boost casual attendance, we need Paradox to put NW on sale again (if that's even possible), and we need to hold out long enough until BCoF comes out and then FINALLY we can put this community to rest.

Even tho godfreid is most likely going to win, I think he's too ingrained in the comp community to really even do anything with casual save for having his reg attend one once or twice a week.