Author Topic: 5th Georgia Infantry Company A "Clinch Rifles" | EU 21+ Aged  (Read 2408 times)

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 5th Georgia Infantry Company A "Clinch Rifles"
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 03:56:39 pm »
Spoiler
The regiment has already been reserved. There are tons of non claimed regiments to choose from.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=28257.0
You cannot Claim Names or "reserve" them it doesn't matter if another group makes a thread.

What do these rules mean then?:  From this thread

1.A name I want to use has already been claimed! Now what?

Pick another, there's plenty of choice.

2.Some guy has a company letter in its regiment's name, that means I can claim the other companies, right?

No. Unless he gives permission, no.
[close]
2. If your unit disbands, close down the thread. We will remove threads that have been inactive for a very long time.
Very few if any regiments on this thread are playing the game thus these regiments like the 5thGA haven't been playing Bcof. Have fun with that knowledge also the devs said you couldn't claim names you can join the discord and message one of them.

The rule below states otherwise:

Can I just claim a name by making a thread with its name and no content in it, other then 'Work in Progress'?

If you update the thread within a short period of time, sure. If you just plan on claiming a name and not doing anything with the thread until the game releases, then no.

By association, this means that if you DO make a thread and continually update it, you CAN claim the name.  If you don't then, you can't claim the name.  So, since Irish is updating his 5thGA thread, he does have a claim to the name, along with all other regimental threads that do update their BCoF threads.  This isn't my rule, it's what's pinned on the regimental board.  So Law does have to change his regimental name.

Now is anyone gonna actually enforce this?  Idk, but the rules are there, I'm just saying.
As you saw on the discord, ahhh none of this matters and gave fun.

True true, still nice to have rules tho regarding the forum board.
There will probably be enforced rules once the game comes out but till then it's just for people just to have threads made I'm guessing

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 02:11:35 am »
Beforehand, I spoke with the person who reserved this. He agreed to find a different name. But since new direction with the rules, it's all groovy. Law is perfectly fine having the 5th Georgia name.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:19:24 am by Irish_Warrior »

Offline SC/HL-co.H Law

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 07:39:00 am »
Looking forward to the release, and if other groups are going to portray this company, I say good on them! I will not trash their forum post with discussions about it neither will I send them private angry/crying messages like I have received.  Neither have I ever agreed to find another name
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:49:20 pm by SC/HL-co.H Law »

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 04:16:56 pm »
Looking forward to the release, and if other groups are going to portray this company, I say good on them! I will not trash their forum post with discussions about it neither will I send them private angry/crying messages like I have received.

Best of luck!