Author Topic: New patch, test it before it's out!  (Read 38174 times)

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New patch, test it before it's out!
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2018, 05:43:52 pm »
fun is dead nowadays :(
It's all about money... AND PING!

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2018, 05:50:36 pm »
Not to be rude. But FSE stopped bothering about NW for many years. We in NWRP and Jailbreak and minisiege invested alot of time and money building scripts to increase the player base. Keeping the game populated for many years. We never got a thank you once. We had to pay money to fix basic problems like the flag glitch. Due to FSE being unable to admin the forums. All the major servers had to move of FSE and host our own dedicated forum sites. There simply wasn't any modders around and willing to do it for nothing. Servers like NWRP and Jailbreak relied on public donations via skins. A player would give 5 £ and buy a custom skin. This would keep the server funded and allow new scripts. Such as medic, grenades, teleportation doors etc. I don't know who's responsible directly but we're not allowed to continue this practice any longer. Long-term I believe this is damaging.

It speaks volume that you never played on Napoleonic Wars Role Player server. Because we had the Holdfast Devs on the server and they took a special interest to our ideas and methods of creating 200 public player role-plays. Such interest that two of the NWRP team and 59th leaders went on to work with the AGS on holdfast. NWRP along with minisiege literally kept NW playable in the public eye. Because of Holdfast research and willingness to engage in RP and listen, the 59th along with other regiments moved to holdfast.

Its great that you're updating the game now. I am just confused and baffled as to why now? Just makes me angry that over the years, we tried so hard to get FSE to fix issues and we got nothing but silence. Then you come along and fix everything without a thank you. Us server managers and owners and admins deserve a big fucking thank you. Because this game player base decreased and we kept the game going for public players. Which in turn kept a regular feed for regiments. The official servers died a long time ago.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:01:37 pm by sirkaide »

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2018, 05:58:41 pm »
why not update

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2018, 06:05:31 pm »
Not to be rude. But FSE stopped bothering about NW for many years. We in NWRP and Jailbreak and minisiege invested alot of time and money building scripts to increase the player base. Keeping the game populated for many years. We never got a thank you once. We had to pay money to fix basic problems like the flag glitch. Due to FSE being unable to admin the forums. All the major servers had to move of FSE and host our own dedicated forum sites. There simply wasn't any modders around and willing to do it for nothing. Servers like NWRP and Jailbreak relied on public donations via skins. A player would give 5 £ and buy a custom skin. This would keep the server funded and allow new scripts. Such as medic, grenades, teleportation doors etc. I don't know who's responsible directly but we're not allowed to continue this practice any longer. Long-term I believe this is damaging.

It speaks volume that you never played on Napoleonic Wars Role Player server. Because we had the Holdfast Devs on the server and they took a special interest to our ideas and methods of creating 200 public player role-plays. Such interest that two of the NWRP team and 59th leaders went on to work with the AGS on holdfast. NWRP along with minisiege literally kept NW playable in the public eye. Because of Holdfast research and willingness to engage in RP and listen, the 59th along with other regiments moved to holdfast. Its great that you're updating the game now. I am just confused and baffled as to why now?
I see your argument and it's wonderful people like you are keeping the game alive,
however I personally don't like the fact that there would be one or two servers with the only chance to get population and exist.
Because then you have one person, or a clan in power of the public play of the game, which basically means trouble.
I can just imagine, clan fights, personal grudges, plenty of bans just for affiliation.. you name it.

If people have the ability to create alternative servers, that is good.
Naturally there should be a balance, where people can create unique servers with maps or mods, and actually what we did was adding plenty of the extra bits and bobs so server side only madders could do more..
Like custom input fields and buttons.. which is helping people create mods.

Though some things people asked us to make like groupfighting game mode, medics and so on, are basic features that now everybody can use.
I would say that improves the game for everyone?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2018, 09:53:09 pm »

It speaks volume that you never played on Napoleonic Wars Role Player server. Because we had the Holdfast Devs on the server and they took a special interest to our ideas and methods of creating 200 public player role-plays. Such interest that two of the NWRP team and 59th leaders went on to work with the AGS on holdfast. NWRP along with minisiege literally kept NW playable in the public eye. Because of Holdfast research and willingness to engage in RP and listen, the 59th along with other regiments moved to holdfast.

Its great that you're updating the game now. I am just confused and baffled as to why now? Just makes me angry that over the years, we tried so hard to get FSE to fix issues and we got nothing but silence. Then you come along and fix everything without a thank you. Us server managers and owners and admins deserve a big fucking thank you. Because this game player base decreased and we kept the game going for public players. Which in turn kept a regular feed for regiments. The official servers died a long time ago.

kaide's writing style. not good. poor for many years. it speaks volumes of his intelligence. long-term I believe this is damaging.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2018, 02:15:46 am »
Oh have a bug I forgot

a config command for commander battle is not working when the server starts

commander_battle_no_spread <value>  # 0 is off, 1 is on.  disable line inf spread

On my server in the config I have

commander_battle_no_spread 1 # 0 is off, 1 is on.  disable line inf spread

but the server always starts with the loose formations Unchecked

So it's not taking the command for some reason.
seems to be working in my build just fine.  tried both several times, restarting the server after each change in the config.   changed it manually in the console and it changed in game. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2018, 11:15:24 am »
what is the current status of the Patch? You are Finish or in Work?

Offline Zauberfisch

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • King's German Legion
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »
what is the current status of the Patch? You are Finish or in Work?

yes. Vincenzo posted earlier:

[...]
Taleworlds pushed the NW patch to the steam beta branch, [...]
I suppose the actual release is very soon.

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • Age of Napoleon Team lead
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2018, 07:39:35 pm »
add native props so mappers can make loads of cool shit?

Offline Zauberfisch

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • King's German Legion
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2018, 09:37:15 pm »
add native props so mappers can make loads of cool shit?

I've been told it's not possible because there is a maximum amount of scene props that can be added to a mod, and that said limit has already been reached.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2018, 07:57:32 am »
Just tested it out, and good god the melee is so much better, it feels a lot more responsive. Chambers will actually have meaning now
EDIT: Glances/pokes still seem to be a big thing, but maybe just unlucky
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:14:12 am by Maple™ »

Oatmeal

« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2018, 08:45:08 am »
melee is very fun again!!! glances are  meh but not nearly as bad!!!

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2018, 08:48:19 am »
Just tested it out, and good god the melee is so much better, it feels a lot more responsive. Chambers will actually have meaning now
EDIT: Glances/pokes still seem to be a big thing, but maybe just unlucky
Same experience for me, everything is more responsive. The game isn't boring anymore. Glances were still there but eh they been there forever. Overall I am happy with the progress. You aren't playing in quicksand anymore which is nice. Cant wait for the release!
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline EmielRegis

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2018, 09:20:04 am »
While patch seem to be fine, I think you should wait till there is big amount of changes before sending it. Like the one before.  Currently this gonna break server side mods for majority of populated servers. For few small changes.

Btw, I noticed that custom maps names rarely work, unless you actually compile game with them included.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:25:23 am by EmielRegis »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2018, 10:36:17 am »
Tbh the only improvement I see for the melee is that it is quicker. The glances and tanking from the previous patch is about the same.