Author Topic: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders  (Read 6559 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: CluelessWill's Top North American Leaders
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 04:45:49 pm »
We lost to the AEF? What?

I think it was a tie, and neither of us was there to lead. Think it was like one of Vortex's first times leading, and idk who was actually there roster-wise.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2018, 11:23:08 pm »
Yeah I remember that. Despite being SgtMaj of 3eVolt I invited with about 4 others because AEF only brought 5 people. As usual. On the last round I clutched 1v6 after teamkilling 3 times and won them the draw so thats abit of a silly event to take seriously.

AsianP literally said to me afterwards "Fuck you Price you know they are gonna shit talk that"
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2018, 02:42:16 am »
This was a fun post to read. Really brings back my memories of so many fantastic leaders I had the privilege of playing with (and against) when I was active in this community.

I'll be first to say 1v1's were never my forte nor my interest. For all my perceived ability I was never good at outflanking an enemy line in a 1v1 setting. Many of my members, myself included, were reenactors drawn to the large-scale public linebattles. We strove for historical authenticity and were far more attracted to large-scale drill and tactics than individual skill. There I felt we performed our best and had the most fun. That's where we found NW to be unique and most exciting to us. If this is a contest of 1v1 leadership I'd certainly be near the bottom.

We did enjoy 1v1 success in the first year of NW when I lead the 1stFKI but that was far more a testament to the skill and dedication of members like Mack, Coconut, Pepper, and many other members who went on to do awesome work in the NW community. 

To be honest, commanding in events is the easy part. The hard part of being a leader in this game is putting your community's needs and wishes ahead of your own. The role of a leader in this game is to give their members a good time. Promoting community outside events, recruiting new members, and showing yourself to be a mentor and a friend. That's where I found NW to be exhausting -  and rewarding.

I failed many times though. There were times I allowed my own ego and personal metrics for success silence others. Many times friends of mine felt compelled to leave my regiments and form there own. Pepper and IceArmy left to form the 1erPLG. Mack left to form the 9y. In the end, I'm very glad they did since they (and their fellow officers) both went on to establish fantastic regiments. These failures taught me life lessons and allowed me to grow as a leader and a person. Would these failures, rooted in my sometimes inability to change the direction of my community, knock me down this list?  I can't decide.

And that's perhaps the core of the philosophy I developed over leading regiment in Mount and Musket and NW. There is no single quantifiable metric to state that X leader is better than Y leader. What are your most fond memories of this game? Mine certainly arent the line battles, it's the fond memories of playing games with my friends. The regiment leader's job is to be humble and foster a community and a safe space for their members to thrive in. I can't think of how you'd put that on a list.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:48:40 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2018, 06:32:13 am »
this thread can be summarized with one question

William do you know how to lead?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2018, 06:39:32 am »
Never forget all the times Russian wanted to charge across the map and get shot to shit but I forced him to wait out the timer and play it safe

Also to Grim's comment about constantly smashing the Nr37, that was when we were a regiment of 15 people right after the 1stEPG disbanded. Competitive Nr37 was around during the time of 71st, 18th and 63e. I don't remember playing the 3eVolt much if you guys were even around at that time. We couldn't beat the 71st, it was usually close though. We went 2-1 vs the 18th, and the 63e we had an overall losing record but we took some wins against them. We had no competition in league 2, would have been fun to see how we did in league 1, Nr37 then became 58e after I went away for roughly 9 months.

This was all around NANWL season 3 - 4, neither of which the 3eVolt was in.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:50:31 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 07:00:40 am »
We had no competition in league 2
*ahem* except we tied

u woulda got smashed in league 1

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 07:06:55 am »
We had no competition in league 2
*ahem* except we tied

u woulda got smashed in league 1
You listen here you earth fairy, we were capable of beating both 18th and Odyreg. Also it clearly states on the NANWL thread that we were undefeated. The real score may have been 5-5 but through the rules of glorius NANWL we won 6-4.

I change my statement, we had a single competitor in league 2, PSG could have smacked all the league 1 regiments aswell save 71st, 63e, then probably close with 18th and Odyreg

Also on a final note, Cheeseypants is the most strategically annoying player I've ever gone against when I was in the Nr37 and 58e
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:31:06 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2018, 07:51:15 am »
You listen here you earth fairy, we were capable of beating both 18th and Odyreg. Also it clearly states on the NANWL thread that we were undefeated. The real score may have been 5-5 but through the rules of glorius NANWL we won 6-4.
i dont think u woulda beat ody reg or the 18th imo you got tied by a trash reg with Knight of St John's first time leading a 1v1 after we were on the brink of collapse from Mockingjay being tired of the game and trolling and also Red Viper leading the first 2 rounds (???)

and by glorious NANWL rule do u mean Zzehth forcing an 11th round as a melee only all charge?

I change my statement, we had a single competitor in league 2, PSG could have smacked all the league 1 regiments aswell save 71st, 63e, then probably close with 18th and Odyreg
finally some recognition around here

AeroNinja

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2018, 08:21:54 am »
This was a fun post to read. Really brings back my memories of so many fantastic leaders I had the privilege of playing with (and against) when I was active in this community.

I'll be first to say 1v1's were never my forte nor my interest. For all my perceived ability I was never good at outflanking an enemy line in a 1v1 setting. Many of my members, myself included, were reenactors drawn to the large-scale public linebattles. We strove for historical authenticity and were far more attracted to large-scale drill and tactics than individual skill. There I felt we performed our best and had the most fun. That's where we found NW to be unique and most exciting to us. If this is a contest of 1v1 leadership I'd certainly be near the bottom.

We did enjoy 1v1 success in the first year of NW when I lead the 1stFKI but that was far more a testament to the skill and dedication of members like Mack, Coconut, Pepper, and many other members who went on to do awesome work in the NW community. 

To be honest, commanding in events is the easy part. The hard part of being a leader in this game is putting your community's needs and wishes ahead of your own. The role of a leader in this game is to give their members a good time. Promoting community outside events, recruiting new members, and showing yourself to be a mentor and a friend. That's where I found NW to be exhausting -  and rewarding.

I failed many times though. There were times I allowed my own ego and personal metrics for success silence others. Many times friends of mine felt compelled to leave my regiments and form there own. Pepper and IceArmy left to form the 1erPLG. Mack left to form the 9y. In the end, I'm very glad they did since they (and their fellow officers) both went on to establish fantastic regiments. These failures taught me life lessons and allowed me to grow as a leader and a person. Would these failures, rooted in my sometimes inability to change the direction of my community, knock me down this list?  I can't decide.

And that's perhaps the core of the philosophy I developed over leading regiment in Mount and Musket and NW. There is no single quantifiable metric to state that X leader is better than Y leader. What are your most fond memories of this game? Mine certainly arent the line battles, it's the fond memories of playing games with my friends. The regiment leader's job is to be humble and foster a community and a safe space for their members to thrive in. I can't think of how you'd put that on a list.

I am no one to judge, but you seem a really nice person. Ive seen videos of your regiments, threads as well. All was very organised and structured. I have also read about what you achieved and did for the community. Also not partaking in the dramas in the community but just having fun with your friends in the regiment. A lot of leaders forget to help each person individually and just only care about the better players in their regiments making the lower skilled people feel useless. Like not having a point why they should stay. As I said Im no one to judge, but I find you a perfect example for someone in this community and a leading officer in a reg. Hats of to you man. Even though Im EU, I would be really happy to see you from time to time on this forum and ingame.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 08:49:45 am »
i dont think u woulda beat ody reg or the 18th imo you got tied by a trash reg with Knight of St John's first time leading a 1v1 after we were on the brink of collapse from Mockingjay being tired of the game and trolling and also Red Viper leading the first 2 rounds (???)

and by glorious NANWL rule do u mean Zzehth forcing an 11th round as a melee only all charge?

We only won 6-4 because the GOAT Shrek wasn't there to carry us!

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2018, 09:08:00 am »

stfu u didnt win nicole you traitor

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2018, 04:31:20 pm »

It was pretty funny when they did an all melee round instead of just resetting the round after the OA. If I remember correct they changed the score back to 5-5, then found out Mang was playing for you guys without your knowledge and he was slapping us so they changed it back.

And pfft, we beat both Ody reg and 18th just would have depended on who was on for each side

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2018, 05:04:51 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
It was pretty funny when they did an all melee round instead of just resetting the round after the OA. If I remember correct they changed the score back to 5-5, then found out Mang was playing for you guys without your knowledge and he was slapping us so they changed it back.

And pfft, we beat both Ody reg and 18th just would have depended on who was on for each side
Mang didn't really even do that much tbf he was not doing better than 75% of our guys. And iirc ya'll were playing North and you knew he was banned from the league. It should've have been a draw anyway since we both played illegal players but they just gave it to you guys for some reason

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
If hill camping is a skill set then our lord and savior JDF needs to be here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:11:12 pm by Runepkyz »
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2018, 05:09:44 pm »
this thread can be summarized with one question

William do you know how to lead?
Hi you're through to OOF customer support.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.