Author Topic: 87th Royal Irish Fusiliers ♦ !TEN YEARS OLD! ♦ Always Recruiting!!  (Read 84521 times)

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
Bump.

Offline 87th Brett

• Sergeant Major
  • I only love NW and my momma im sorry.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_LCpl_Brett
  • Side: Union
Bump.
This is my Nickyj. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Nickyj is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Nickyj is useless. Without my Nickyj, I am useless. I must hug my Nickyj true. I must love longer than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must love Nickyj harder than him before he loves Nickyj more than me.

My Nickyj and I know that what counts in war is not the love we show, the noise of our love nor the friendship we make. We know that it is the hugs that count.

My Nickyj is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its heights and its widths. I will keep my Nickyj clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God, I swear this creed. My Nickyj and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the 87th. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Saint's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the 87th truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in McGucci's existential catchphrase "pts potus", which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.

I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Taylor's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beech
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the 87th. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Saint's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the 87th truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in McGucci's existential catchphrase "pts potus", which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.

I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Taylor's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
The Kaiser approves of this post

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
Brett is a meme legend

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
For Beech and Brett

[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline 87th Brett

• Sergeant Major
  • I only love NW and my momma im sorry.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_LCpl_Brett
For Beech and Brett

That's a goat right there.

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
Yee yee

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
Send help

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
  • Side: Neutral
So this is where we are hiding the new page. IE the new thread not new page as in pages in the thread...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:11:31 pm by HWMHall »

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
This where I'm hiding my latest post. IE the new post in this thread, not the new post on the other thread as in the other posts in the threads in the other subforum. IE the new post in this thread in this subforum not new post in the other threads in the other subforum.

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
too many words

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
Hallo