Author Topic: [EU] Confederate Rally  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
[EU] Confederate Rally
« on: July 13, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »
Hello "Southern" brothers,

First of all, this is meant for the "EU Confederate community" - not the NA one. I also decided to post it here because my post addressses the Confederate - not Union - regiments, imo.

I've been playing M&B: NW for a long time now - a couple of thousand hours - and over the last time, I've been trying to get back into N&S as well, seeing the new updates pop up every now and then. And well, since they look pretty good (+1 for the developers, designers, etc.), I was looking to re-join a Confederate regiment, as I am a big fan of the Confederacy (not in all aspects, though).

So, I decided to take a look at the Union regiments first, just for fun, and found an active, definitely large and well-organised ("Northern") community, consisting of all sorts of regiments. Then, I come to the Confederate regiments list, and sort of lose hope. Most seem to be inactive, and 2/3rds of the regiments consist barely of about 10 men - if lucky. All the others are NA, or so mixed that I can't figure it out.
Now, I've heard that the "North" has an army, and the "South" as well (the Dixie Army), but I can't really find anything on here about it - so it can't be that succesfull in comparison to the Union Army - with their shiny thread, lol.

I find this a real shame, and would hence like to help, if only it is by joining a regiment to boost activity in the 'federates' community.

And here follows my question: Can anyone help me find an active EU Confederate regiment, brigade, or army, so that I can join it? If not, does anyone want to start something up with me?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rhen

Offline Magner

• Donator
  • "When you have to shoot, shoot; don't talk."
    • View Profile
Re: [EU] Confederate Rally
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »
Most on the first page I would believe are active, half the reason to why the Confederates are 'inactive' outside the DA is probably because of the nation itself. The Union is just more popular, half the reason why the only popular public server, is owned by the UA. The DA is stable, and is indeed pretty large, but I believe that the DA is more focused on the NA community from what I've seen.

For the confederate EU regiments, like myself, there simply isn't any ones of great scale in comparison to the Union. Just look at Diplex's thread, his position in the community attracts a lot of people. Simply, if you're looking for an active, 20+ active line regiment based in the EU, I doubt the Confederates would hold that.

And here follows my question: Can anyone help me find an active EU Confederate regiment, brigade, or army, so that I can join it? If not, does anyone want to start something up with me?

I know for a fact, a few of the first page regiments are active, including our own. If you're looking for leaders of the DA, one will probably post here soon. If not, I can help you in that direction.

Spoiler
If you're looking for an active EU Confederate Sharpshooter regiment, we fall in that department...
[close]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:49:19 pm by Magner »

Offline Reznov

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
There is a EU CSA Division under supervision of the UA. 2 brigades strong.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 06:15:26 am »
Thanks for the help. :) It is much appreciated.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:52:12 pm »
The DA is stable, and is indeed pretty large, but I believe that the DA is more focused on the NA community from what I've seen.

Yes, since January the DA seems to be far more focused on the NA community and neglecting the EU one. Sad times.

Simply, if you're looking for an active, 20+ active line regiment based in the EU, I doubt the Confederates would hold that.

Actually there are quite a lot of 10-20+ active CSA regiments based in the EU. Including the 1st SC.
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)