Author Topic: 1st Texas Infantry Regiment. **HEAVILY ACTIVE LARGE REGIMENT**  (Read 9809 times)

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 1st Texas Infantry "Ragged Old First"
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:33 pm »
As the North&South Community Supervisor and also Mod on this thread, I've looked into what you've said and also done some investigating of my own you seem to be on a stand down or have been inactive since 29 March, 2014. You have been inactive well over a year now. Even though you brought the rights to the name on BCoF this is north and south which is completely a different game in itself. Even though you have been around since secession which is a long time ago. Think its about time you either allow someone else use the name or at least get back into the North And South community

No.  In no other regiment-based game or mod has this been acceptable, and to suggest that someone give up their name is hilariously bad.  You have no authority to force someone to declaim a regiment.  If the 1st Texas wants to keep their name, the Partisan Rangers support them.  I mean shit, if you went inactive would you want someone claiming your username?  No.  You'd have none of it.  We all have real lives, and if we have to go inactive because of those lives, tough shit to every Tom, Dick and Jane that wants our names and regiments.

Reposted due to a non-specified delete.

Edit: I've also screenshotted this post, and will take another delete without specification to the proper channels.

Offline Grey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Captain of the 1st Texas
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 10:41:37 pm »
As the North&South Community Supervisor and also Mod on this thread, I've looked into what you've said and also done some investigating of my own you seem to be on a stand down or have been inactive since 29 March, 2014. You have been inactive well over a year now. Even though you brought the rights to the name on BCoF this is north and south which is completely a different game in itself. Even though you have been around since secession which is a long time ago. Think its about time you either allow someone else use the name or at least get back into the North And South community

No.  In no other regiment-based game or mod has this been acceptable, and to suggest that someone give up their name is hilariously bad.  You have no authority to force someone to declaim a regiment.  If the 1st Texas wants to keep their name, the Partisan Rangers support them.  I mean shit, if you went inactive would you want someone claiming your username?  No.  You'd have none of it.  We all have real lives, and if we have to go inactive because of those lives, tough shit to every Tom, Dick and Jane that wants our names and regiments.

Edit: I've also screenshotted this post, and will take another delete without specification to the proper channels.
Actually, this post is quite on topic and I do agree. I think I will be mustering the 1st Texas to return to N&S. Thank you hairywarhero and LaBelle for pointing us in the right direction.

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 10:43:49 pm »

Actually, this post is quite on topic and I do agree. I think I will be mustering the 1st Texas to return to N&S. Thank you hairywarhero and LaBelle for pointing us in the right direction.

Thats fine then i'll inform the other 1st Texas

Offline Grey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 10:56:44 pm »

Thats fine then i'll inform the other 1st Texas
Thank you sir.

Offline Josef733

• Corporal
  • Hello there sir nobody!
    • View Profile
    • my channel
  • Nick: Bayo92222222222201
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
They havent attended events in ages Josef, thats why i find his claim rather stupid.
Attending events or not in a while doesn't matter. The fact is that we have been around since secession days and we are keeping our claim on this name, I don't want people to think just because we may not be active for a while means it is okay to take our name. We payed to reserve this name for BCoF whenever it releases, just trying to remind people we are here.
You don't have a claim of no one recognises you as the 1st Texas.

3rdArk will live on!

Offline Josef733

• Corporal
  • Hello there sir nobody!
    • View Profile
    • my channel
  • Nick: Bayo92222222222201
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:48 pm »
Doesn't matter how you find his claim. What matters is they claimed it first.
What also matters is their activity. If they haven't been around for ages, why should they still have the right to the name when there is already another 1st Texas that's been active?

3rdArk will live on!

Offline Reznov

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 11:43:21 pm »
What also matters is their activity. If they haven't been around for ages, why should they still have the right to the name when there is already another 1st Texas that's been active?

Will agree on that one

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 11:54:02 pm »
Why should they still have the right?  Because they claimed it.  You guys can pick another regiment.

Offline jackbee

• Private
  • PRL_Col_Husaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 12:24:36 am »
Plenty of unique regiments out there that haven't been claimed, no need to take other peoples.
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

Offline Grey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:40 am »

Will agree on that one
There isn't "already another" we have been here for ages, we have seen many imposters try to claim 1st Texas as their own, you just tried to take another regiments name, its not like there happened to be another 1st Texas after we have been here.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 02:13:13 am »
If a name is claimed by a regiment that they provide proof they're still kicking/planning to use the name is entirely theirs. If a regiment springs up with the same name and the current owner (grey) wants to continue using the name the person taking the name has to change, 1st come 1st served.

As Josefs 1stTexas is rather new it wont be too hard to change, Grey on the other hand has a lovely thread and history using the name. I've seen him not only here but bumping his BCoF thread often.

+ From what Mels has told me he wants to continue with his regiment into BCoF, to stop any later friction I say Josef/mels must change in order to nip this in the bud.

Thank you.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:44 am »
Finally. This will be sorted.

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 02:27:42 pm »

Will agree on that one

You're entirely biased.  I remember you from the old days, you hated the 1st Texas.  You have no say here.  The issue is closed, have a great day.

Offline Grey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 06:05:23 am »
Good battle tonight lads.

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »
Good battle tonight lads.

PRL would have surely been routed without the fine men from the 1st Texas single-handedly holding the flank.