Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 526909 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Always the sentimental sob-stories about someone somewhere who can't afford this or that any longer because of this and that law that is introduced.

SKip the grandstanding and make a fucking point already.

I do agree that carbon tax is a useless meme to look like you're doing something. Much more can be made on putting more rules on industry. But oh Gawd we're so scared to that because uh mah moneyz if they leave. It's bullshit. Large companies really don't like to move and especially the industry in the West is there for a good reason. If Western countries en bloc would up environmental standards (like is possible in the EU, as done with ship emissions in the North Sea), you'll gain much more. Putting extra strain on the consumer won't achieve any respectable gain for the environment.

It's like here in the NL. Government (the Green Party) to impose tax on the kilo's of garbage people throw away. Let alone the impossibility to achieve it pratically, consumers only provide for 15% of national garbage. A whopping 70-something-% is (mostly burned) by industry. Yet politicians see no gain in imposing even minor rules on them, which would barely cost more but save roughly 20% in junk sent to the ovens.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
I can't speak for European countries, but our laws and regulations at the federal level in Canada (and Provincial) and the US are a complete mess. The problem is simple; everyone wants a law/regulation. x group wants a new law for their region, x groups wants a law on airports in theirs, x group wants laws to protect y group(s), x group wants speed limit changes on y highway, x group wants y regulations on z industry, x group wants mandatory sentencing for gun crime, x group wants them for gun crimes involving a robbery, x group wants mandatory minimums for street racing, x group wants mandatory minimums for reckless driving killing pedestrians, x group wants mandatory minimums for running over a pedestrian at a crosswalk near a school between the hours of 8am and 3pm, etc. etc. Everyone wants a law and politicians have been all too happy to give them as:

A) It looks good on them
and
B) Its a lot easier to add laws than it is to remove old ones.

As a result our Criminal Code, federal regulations/laws, provincial statutes, etc. are an absolute mess (and especially business regulations in the US, which having been built up in layer after layer after layer of red-tape and regulations are a nightmare to process, especially for small businesses) in dire need of some housekeeping. But no one is willing to do it because:

A) It would be a massive undertaking to clean up the Criminal Code for example
and
B) It would have little political value in terms of gaining votes (and would likely have negative impact cause anything even remotely perceived to be taking laws away which x group supports would result in outcry, even if it was simply being consolidated)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:16:43 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
Put in a commission, let them do the work. Take their findings to the house 1:1 and spin it in the media as if you've saved the country.

Riddlez has a solution for all.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Norwegian13

Trump met with world leaders at the NATO headquarters today, hilarity ensued:

Very short videos of the highlights

[close]

This man Trump is the biggest meme to ever touch the earth. That fucking NATO diss had me lmfao!!! and the fucking Montenegro guy getting pushed to the side honestly had me on the floor rofling!!!

And Montenegro who just joined NATO... I'm sure they're regretting it already hahah
I don't think you regret joining a military alliance with half of Europe and the only superpower remaining because your head of state gets moved aside at a conference by the US President. Where's the logic there???

It was a joke :P

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Trump met with world leaders at the NATO headquarters today, hilarity ensued:

Very short videos of the highlights

[close]

This man Trump is the biggest meme to ever touch the earth. That fucking NATO diss had me lmfao!!! and the fucking Montenegro guy getting pushed to the side honestly had me on the floor rofling!!!

And Montenegro who just joined NATO... I'm sure they're regretting it already hahah
I don't think you regret joining a military alliance with half of Europe and the only superpower remaining because your head of state gets moved aside at a conference by the US President. Where's the logic there???

It was a joke :P
Oh

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
My god people were mocking Trump for his signature but take a look at Merkel's... and wtf is Juncker's even?

Spoiler
[close]
Why am I still here

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
My god people were mocking Trump for his signature but take a look at Merkel's... and wtf is Juncker's even?

Spoiler
[close]

Looks like Shinzō Abe had to do a bit of maths while signing  ;D

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
Merkel's isn't even that bad. Drunkard Juncker's though is pretty awful.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
Trump pulled back from the Paris Agreement.

Way to go.

Well it's still better than uf they'd stayed in. Tney'd have delayed everything and caused nothing but trouble.

The sheer meme this guy is, though. Calling accelerated global warming a 'fairy tale'.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Way to go.

Well it's still better than uf they'd stayed in. Tney'd have delayed everything and caused nothing but trouble.

The sheer meme this guy is, though. Calling accelerated global warming a 'fairy tale'.
No warming in 10 years.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
Theodin yes let's just go against all scientific evidence.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
Not gonna bite (for once).

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Than I won't too! Look how easy that was
Nice try tho

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile

Way to go.

Great. The only thing melting would've been Trump's budget otherwise.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
Than I won't too! Look how easy that was
Nice try tho

Blindly defending someone and ignoring facts. What's your IQ Theo?