Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524835 times)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »
The suspense is killing me Nero

What do the statistics show?!
Classic, racist remark that has become typical of you Ricky .P - Making such sarcastic remarks in such a snide tone about Gambia is honestly disgusting. No wonder you're a UKIP supporter. Gambia is a sovereign nation that deserves equal respect like any other nation.

Absolutely correct, I sincerely apologise for anything I've said that may have been insensitive in regards to Gambia.

It's 'The Gambia' not 'Gambia' you racist xenophobes.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #511 on: April 07, 2017, 04:00:07 am »
Well boys, it was a good run. Hopefully we'll kill all the men so they can't rape your women.

Godspeed to you all

edit: typo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:03:22 am by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #514 on: April 07, 2017, 04:45:34 am »
Reports are that Russian troops are/were manning the anti-air batteries. It'll only escalate if any of them are caught in the fire.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #515 on: April 07, 2017, 03:07:40 pm »
When they said that Trump never flip flops ;D

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #516 on: April 07, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »
Good for Trump, he actually had the balls to do something about it and I support that sort of response.  Don't think it will escalate to a full out war, Syria knows it would obviously lose

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 07, 2017, 04:21:46 pm »
The likelihood Assad used chemical weapons is incredibly small, but whatever. I'd wager the whole thing is a set-up, though between who and why I have no idea.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #518 on: April 07, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »
The likelihood Assad used chemical weapons is incredibly small, but whatever. I'd wager the whole thing is a set-up, though between who and why I have no idea.
Nah, it's not in this day and age where it can be set up.  US has 24/7 reconnaissance and surveillance over syrias Air Force activity, its more geospatial intelligence, so it would be pretty easy to identify if it was a Syrian based helicopter dropping chemical gas bombs on civilians, or any other Syrian operated aircraft. 

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:16 pm »
Nah, it's not in this day and age where it can be set up.  US has 24/7 reconnaissance and surveillance over syrias Air Force activity, its more geospatial intelligence, so it would be pretty easy to identify if it was a Syrian based helicopter dropping chemical gas bombs on civilians, or any other Syrian operated aircraft.

Oh please, as if intelligence is always that clear cut. Obama and Kerry were bragging 24 months ago that Assad had given up 100% of his chemical weapons (hint: he had almost none anyway). Makes no sense for Assad to use chemical weapons, allegedly he didn't have any to begin with, and the footage of the 'attack' is a bit suspicious (shows people handling victims without gloves for a start, which is the very first thing I was taught not to do when I did my CBRN training as a reservist). Anyway the US response makes no sense either-you don't blow up a area where you suspect chemical weapons are being stored that's just dumb.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #520 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »
Good for Trump, he actually had the balls to do something about it and I support that sort of response.  Don't think it will escalate to a full out war, Syria knows it would obviously lose
It was a surprisingly fast response and sent a clear message that he handles things differently than Obama. I for one did not think the Trump administration would involve themselves, even after the chemical attack. However, I am rather pleased with it. It's about time someone stepped up and did something.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #521 on: April 07, 2017, 06:18:04 pm »
Hang on so the fact that for the past few years he was opposing any sort of intervention in Syria (instead you should be focusing on Making America Great Again) and now overnight changes his view because of chemical weapons (gee when did we last hear about WMDs in the Middle East?) doesn't ring any alarm bells or maybe indicate that he's a populist who will say whatever he wants to garner attention and votes?

Regardless, whatever your views on who released chemical weapons and for what reason, a very clear distinction needs to be made between previous US intervention in Syria and this last attack.
The US has been arming rebels but has never directly attacked Syrian forces before, instead attacking IS. The US has now openly attacked Syria as a sovereign nation.
This is yet another case of the US not "technically" being at war, but instead attacking countries, free of any consequence to themselves. It's an imperialistic worldview, and is exactly what created IS in the first place; attacking a sovereign nation with no authority at all, striking because of some WMDs. We have no idea if that air base had anything to do with chemical weapons.

But no, all the other times the US has intervened have gone so well right? Like how you won the Vietnam War, the various Gulf Wars, the war in Afghanistan, the "War on Terror" and so on...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2017, 06:31:02 pm »

Oh please, as if intelligence is always that clear cut. Obama and Kerry were bragging 24 months ago that Assad had given up 100% of his chemical weapons (hint: he had almost none anyway). Makes no sense for Assad to use chemical weapons, allegedly he didn't have any to begin with, and the footage of the 'attack' is a bit suspicious (shows people handling victims without gloves for a start, which is the very first thing I was taught not to do when I did my CBRN training as a reservist). Anyway the US response makes no sense either-you don't blow up a area where you suspect chemical weapons are being stored that's just dumb.
Exactly. Why risk international attention when you're about to shutdown these CIA backed rebels once and for all?!

There's just something so fishy about a leader liked by his own people and a person who had a secular government which provided a haven for Christians, having a mysterious rebellion break out and and then having those rebels backed by U.S. only to find out they're ISIS. FeelsBadMan
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2017, 06:46:21 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Exactly. Why risk international attention when you're about to shutdown these CIA backed rebels once and for all?!

There's just something so fishy about a leader liked by his own people and a person who had a secular government which provided a haven for Christians, having a mysterious rebellion break out and and then having those rebels backed by U.S. only to find out they're ISIS. FeelsBadMan
It is strange how as soon as they are finally getting the rebels under control they bring international attention to themselves. Something definitely reeks here but I'm afraid we will never truly know what happened.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:42:56 pm by LiquidSkorpion »

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
Looking at the facts and how the civil war was going for Assad, I just cannot see him ordering a chemical weapon strike. Trump had literally just wrote him off saying he'll more or less leave Assad alone, then Assad orders a chemical strike knowing Trump won't be able to turn a blind eye?

It's not the first time the rebels have tried to pull a false flag, either.