Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 520024 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:06 am »
I am guessing Apoc said it to trigger someone, bait someone(yay me) or just wants to make trumps victory sound greater than it was for one reason or another.  none of which are really necessary.  Unless he believes any victory, however small is a landslide, which makes nearly every election a landslide, which means none of them really were.   

Trump's win wasn't a landslide but it was more impressive than just about every other US election in modern history, certainly far bigger than Obama's wins in 2012 and 2008. This was a David vs Goliath contest-Trump had just about every disadvantage going yet still came out on top and proved everyone wrong in the process. I think it was the first time ever that the candidate who spent less actually won, and given the US is a plutocracy that's the most significant point to take away.

tbh, the millions spent on ads didn't really do anything, and was just a waste of money.  Every one knew the 2 candidates well enough, especially after the news coverage. both sides could of just abandoned the ads and nothing would of changed, at least for the presidential election imo. it would of saved millions anyways. 

I am guessing Apoc said it to trigger someone, bait someone(yay me) or just wants to make trumps victory sound greater than it was for one reason or another.  none of which are really necessary.  Unless he believes any victory, however small is a landslide, which makes nearly every election a landslide, which means none of them really were.   

Trump's win wasn't a landslide but it was more impressive than just about every other US election in modern history, certainly far bigger than Obama's wins in 2012 and 2008. This was a David vs Goliath contest-Trump had just about every disadvantage going yet still came out on top and proved everyone wrong in the process. I think it was the first time ever that the candidate who spent less actually won, and given the US is a plutocracy that's the most significant point to take away.

if one wants to say it is impressive, or argue it, i can see their point, and depending on what is said, agree with it.  I didn't have any doubt that the race would be close.  i didn't really care what the polls said.  I had that gut feeling it would be close, even after all the various "scandals" both sides had.  sure enough it was.  and i remember some of the polls showing this. 

i didn't see the race being David vs Goliath.  both had their major weaknesses that were clearly shown every single day.(yay being a swing state)  i recall some of the polls being fairly close, and some of the national polls not being too far off the end result(with hillary having more support than trump by a few %)

and i don't really see beating polls or expectations being a landslide.  there are other adjectives one would use, that make sense, rather than saying it is a landslide.(especially in apocs sentence if that is what he was trying to convey)  and his margin in the EC wasn't that large.  he barely got PA and MI.(both by less than a 1% if memory serves)  He got 304(or whatever) by a very thin margin.  and if you want to see a modern landslide victory, look at Nixon vs mcgovern. 

polls are iffy at best.  quite a few of them are bogus. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2017, 10:51:42 pm »

(my take on the Milo situation)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2017, 10:57:41 pm »

(my take on the Milo situation)
It's too late in terms of stopping the hate train from the MSM. They've amplified a statement, twisted it out of context and will proceed to try and crucify him, but just like the real Christ, he will arise to finish his work. It also means he can grow his brand out without tying it to Breitbart, the racist and alt-right haven /s
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
Inshallah, he will make it so.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:34 am »
What happened with milo?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:12 am »
What happened with milo?

Media hit pieces came out basically calling him a pedophile/defending pedophiles

It was an incredibly low blow, specially since Milo was a victim of it as a kid.

Can't say I agree with Milo's viewpoint on sexuality and consent (specially since he is gay), but I feel like that really isn't an issue though. Only reason it was brought up was to discredit the guy because he was getting too popular.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:14 am »
Tbh, after watching his appearance on the drunken peasants podcast I can understand the medias kind of view. Obviously I disagree with now disregarding everything he says. But his view on homosexuality and how he describes his experience with the priest is so odd and weird its just...very lunatic.
[close]
[close]

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2017, 08:34:31 pm »
he kinda did defend pedo's though...
Think about how fucked up the world is now that orbiting a fucking gay man is seen as conservative. Just end me now fam

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:32 pm »
Think about how fucked up the world is now that orbiting a fucking gay man is seen as conservative. Just end me now fam
I cant really tell when you just meme or when you are legit an edgy neo nazi.
[close]
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2017, 08:50:14 pm »

He didn't, he said the priest was "young and hot" and wanted to diddle him.

It's different from "pedophilia" (the buzzword the media is using to make people gasp), as I said above - it's pederasty.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
I cant really tell when you just meme or when you are legit an edgy neo nazi.
how is anything I wrote edgy. I simply pointed out that the symbol of anti traditionalism (the homosexual lifestyle) can now be compatible with conservatism

He didn't, he said the priest was "young and hot" and wanted to diddle him.

It's different from "pedophilia" (the buzzword the media is using to make people gasp), as I said above - it's pederasty.
using a buzzword doesn't mean that the argument is invalid. We're talking about a 13 year old boy being molested which I and the laws of many countries strangely believe is wrong. I dont hate Milo but im not going to agree with everything someone says just because we agree on a few things, especially if those things are ridiculous as saying child molestation is ok and that it can be a positive experience.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2017, 09:26:37 pm »
Tbh, after watching his appearance on the drunken peasants podcast I can understand the medias kind of view. Obviously I disagree with now disregarding everything he says. But his view on homosexuality and how he describes his experience with the priest is so odd and weird its just...very lunatic.

Its understandable, yes, but it was a very strategic hit piece that was made to come out at a particular time. Milo lost his job, a book deal, and an upcoming speech he was doing..
 for something he said over a month ago.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »

Its understandable, yes, but it was a very strategic hit piece that was made to come out at a particular time. Milo lost his job, a book deal, and an upcoming speech he was doing..
The democrats lost an election over something that happened 4 years ago. kek. Doesn't really matter when you say it does it?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »

The democrats lost an election over something that happened 4 years ago. kek. Doesn't really matter when you say it does it?

...and its been a controversy since it became public knowledge.

The video in question has been out for over a month on a well known channel. There is no good reason they would have not published these stories already unless they were waiting for an opportune moment to damage the guy as much as they could.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2017, 03:12:10 am »
There's isn't a conspiracy behind every corner.