Author Topic: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)  (Read 23343 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »
After Volk's request;

New lands with preferred colour (mild, or any, blue):
Spoiler
[close]
Hi neighbor

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2017, 04:33:27 pm »
Name: Kingdom of Potentia
Flag/Banner: *tba*
Government Type and Features: Parliamentary monarchy. Eldest offspring is heir to the throne,elections every decade.
Royal House (If Applicable): House of Miroslav
Starting Ruler and Family (Ruler + Minimum 2, Maximum 4)(If Applicable): King Miroslav IV
Prince Milos II
Aspects of Culture, Religion, Way of Life, and other Attributes: The Kingdom of Potentia has always based it's power in trading goods and protecting trade routes with troops whether "protecting trade routes" means securing their goods or forcing other trade convoys to pay fees in order to pass from points controlled by the Kingdom of Potentia is...debatable . The people of potentia are monotheistic. Every male citizen is forced to serve in army for 9 months when he reaches the age of 20,unless he is severly handicaped.
[close]

changed my location. will add more to the app soon,it's a bit bareboned.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »
I suck at writing

Name: Confederacy of Haragot
Flag/Banner:
Banners
Patron's banner
Banner of the Haragot Council of Allied Nations
Banner of Haragot Governors
[close]
Government Type and Features:  Confederate Republic of Haragot (CROH for short) works on a principe of small states ruled by „Haragot governors“ formed into alliance (ie united) with other states of the Confederation. These states were formed into a Confederacy long time ago after they realized they can be stronger and be able to defend against waves of enemies. New Haragot governors are voted by folks of the state when old governor dies or retires.

CROH works on a similar principe as US. CROH basically works as one state.
Each state is represented by a representator who holds a seat in Haragot Council of Allied Nations. Representators are selected by Haragot governors. Elections of a new  so-called „Patron of the Haragot people“ (equal to president) are held every 5 years among the ranks of representators. Every person in CROH is allowed to vote except those who are younger than 18. „Patron“ chooses to create or abolish laws, set new taxes and make new decisions concerning diplomacies. But these decisions have to be approved by the Haragot Council and Haragot governors.
Haragot Council takes care of finances, judicature and others. Every new idea has to be approved by at least 60% of the council in order to realize. Haragot Governors rule their own state but they have limited options, for example they cannot choose tax level, but can decide to build new buildings, and take care of army of CROH. If a nation declares war on CROH, or CROH declares war on another nation, Haragot governors must provide army to CROH, and, if needed, take care of the army and lead it to battles, acting as generals.
Royal House (If Applicable): No Royal house
Starting Ruler and Family (Ruler + Minimum 2, Maximum 4)(If Applicable): Patron Frederic August – age 34, the 7th Patron of Confederate Republic of Haragot. He was originally from the South East of Estia. He became a patron at age 32. Frederic is a very skilled in diplomatics and art of war. He was immediately selected as a Patron when he showed his talent and readiness when he was working as a bodyguard of previous Patron Dominic. It happened after Dominic made a trip to the woods. He felt magic from trees and he usually visited the woods 2 times a week. Bandits bribed his servants and they revealed them this information. But Dominic was lucky that he choose to take Frederic too. Frederic was against heavy predominance. The bandits were 46. He and other bodyguards were only 6! Frederic personally took down 21 of the bandits and even saved Dominic 's life. After the defeat of the bandits, Dominic allowed him to decide what shall happen with the bandit chief. Bandit promised that he will be honest from now on and he will never try to kill nor rob anyone, and Frederic spared his life. Frederic is considered one of the kindest and wisest Patrons CROH ever had. When he was younger, he was taught to always help the poor ones and love his close ones.
He has no brothers or sisters. Because of that parents had more time for him and helped him to learn maths, writing and philosophy.
He is married with Sonia (33), his loving and mindful wife. They met when Frederic made a trip to local pub. He was 28 and seeked a room for 2 nights when he was travelling across Estia.
They fell in love in their first encounter. He payed host and took Sonia with himself. After some time travelling he met a wise greybeard who told him he will once rule nation. This helped him gain self confidence and he kept travelling until he stopped in CROH.
Aspects of Culture, Religion, Way of Life, and other Attributes:

The formation of Haragot Confederacy
Many years ago, Haragot was just a group of kingdoms fighting between each other. After years and years of fighting, Zachar, King of Haragot, was visited by an angel in his dream. Angel told him that many people lost lives already and its time to stop bloodshed. Zachar was amazed and in the next morning he quickly called for his messengers. He ordered them to visit every Kingdom and ask their rulers to meet at Haragot castle. They discussed about peace and when Zachar said what happened in his dream, kings agreed. After some time Zachar was visited by the same angel again. This time the angel told him that their Gods are very satisfied and gave him a pocket full of precious coins. Zachar was very grateful and promised he will no longer fight against his former enemies. Right in the next day Zachar came with a great idea – forming an union between kingdoms. He told kings a story about wooden rods. If they stay together, they cannot be broken, but if they divide, they can be easily destroyed. Kings were surprised and accepted his offer.

People of Haragot and their lifestyle
People of Haragot are simple folk with sedentary lifestyle. Men are mostly very tall, on the other side women are mostly very short. Men are taught from their early years chivalry, discipline and fighting. Short hair is very popular. If it grows longer, they cut it off. Women keep very long hair. Their hair is mostly red for unknown reason. In fact, women with red hair are considered to be angels sent by Godness Vyzus himself. Woman are very skilled in housework and cooking. They grow basic vegetables and fruits. They breed many animals such as chickens, cows and sheep. People eat vegetables and fruits for the whole year until winter, when there is no longer large harvest, animals are killed and eaten. Folk eat very simple and healthy food.
They mostly live in very simple houses made of wood. The floor is covered with animal skin and sometimes they make fire if it is very cold.

Gods of Haragot
People believe in many Gods. They worship Vyzus, Godness of beauty and food, Hektor, God of war and art of fighting, Fiktus, God of peace and intelligence, Saurus, God and Patron of poor and ill people and Olus, God of happiness and luckiness. They worship them daily and they also build many churches in their honor.

Spoiler

[close]

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2017, 10:59:27 pm »
Name:  Kingdom of Dhunomah

Flag/Banner: 
Spoiler
[close]

Government Type and Features:  Absolute Monarchy, eldest son succeeds death of King.

Royal House:  House of Antebian

Starting Ruler and Family:  King Sevan I of Antebian Dynasty [45]
Queen Consort Knar of Antebian Dynasty [44]
Prince Sevan II of Antebian Dynasty [22]
Prince Vrtanes I of Antebian Dynasty [19]

Aspects of Culture, Religion, Way of Life and Other Attributes:  For thousands of the years, the region of Dhunomah was a sparcely populated wasteland of hunter-gatherer socities, living in isolation to the rest of the island of Dysiskia.  Due to this, they had become undeveloped and leaderless - bandits roamed freely throughout the countryside (a problem which persists even today) no foreigners dared to travel within the lands, usually travelling with friendly traders on the coastal regions.

A nobleman, whose original origins are not known, is often known as the Father of Dhunomah.  Suspected from coming from north, travelling with a group of armed men, commonly referred to as the Uzheghians, which soon became his personal army.  King Haicha was his name.  Founding a city in Samasus, it soon became the region's capital, location of the monarchy and where all traders & foreigners came to trade with the Dhunomah's or conduct negotiations with the Kings.

Originally, the natives of the region opposed this movement.  By demonstrating his will to protect the people of Samasus (forming nearly half of the total population of Dhunomah) he led his personal army of 1,500 men (it became swelled with young men from Dhunomah longing for adventure) he cleared up the roads, making it much more safer for trade to pass through.  Bandits were punished severely, usually through public beheadings, but it worked - banditry was greatly reduced in a few decades.  After making the harsh lands more safe, his dynasty, the Antebians, continue to rule Dhunomah today.

The ranks of this personal army, referred to as the King's Army, numbers now 2,500.  They are spread throughout the Kingdom, protecting trading routes while the elite troops of 250 men guard the capital and protect the King.  The kings of Dhunomah actively encourage trade, with their main goods being wool, salt fish and sugar.

Despite this, the land of Dhunomah is still very dangerous.  The country, in comparison to others, is reasonably backwards, in both culture and technologically.

Dhunomah, since its unification, has never been invaded once due to its safety, hiding behind its vast mountains.  Along with this, the Royal Levy states that in times of danger and whenever the King issues it, all able bodied men from the age of eighteen to thirty-five must take their armour and weapons, to destroy the foreign invaders.  Though this levy has never been issued, in times of war of internal danger the kings of Dhunomah can issue it.

Dhunomah features two unconnected regions.  The southern one, being the King's Region, contains the capital Samasus and the harbour on it.  As a result, it receives the most goods, so it is more wealthy and populous.  The northern part, known as Darush, is hard to manage by the King of Dhunomah.  The King never visits, and appoints a Governor to rule as a vassal in the interests of Dhunomah.  The current Governor, Zareh Ispiryan, was appointed by the King is extremely loyal to Samusas but is now becoming elderly.  Typically, once a Governor dies, his son suceeds him.

The lands of Dhunomah and Darush had never been disunited - originally the province was known as Molta, had been raided heavily by organised bandits.  Several times, the King's Guards had been in combat with these bandits, and each time failed.  After years of struggle, the king of Dhunomah at the time abandoned the province and appointed a Governor in the north, who is always an aristocrat from Dhunomah.

[close]

edit: changed my location.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2017, 07:04:20 am »

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2017, 07:48:31 am »
snip
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:53:16 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2017, 08:06:13 am »
snip
I make a few maps to give people a vague idea where each person is so that they can think on their location and you accuse me of trying to be an unofficial admin.

The Forum games community is giving you one last chance to redeem yourself with this game Volk so you need to tread damn carefully. You've already single handedly driven away half the community with your inability to GM half the games you make and your terrible attitude. Don't try so hard to drive away the last half.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:53:37 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2017, 08:29:41 am »
snip
I make a few maps to give people a vague idea where each person is so that they can think on their location and you accuse me of trying to be an unofficial admin.

The Forum games community is giving you one last chance to redeem yourself with this game Volk so you need to tread damn carefully. You've already single handedly driven away half the community with your inability to GM half the games you make and your terrible attitude. Don't try so hard to drive away the last half.
i mean she did kind of lead the longest running* and most successful game on here but sure she can't gm

I was messages volk about some history things on steam and she seemed kinda drunk or something. Like she was trying to send me a link and kept sending me the wrong one. Kids and their drugs amirite?

Also volk wut is wrong with that map? It looks correct to me

*caz ran the longest game. I always forget about how long it actually went on since the thread was deleted. Also has been a little over a year since the game ended
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:54:21 am by Thunderstormer »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2017, 09:22:10 am »
snip

i mean she did kind of lead the longest running and most successful game on here but sure she can't gm
Caz ran the most successful game and Volk simply picked up in his wake and carried on well enough before just blowing up and never recovering.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:54:02 am by Thunderstormer »

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2017, 09:47:06 am »
Running/continuing one of the longest games on this site doesn't really matter when the 5+ other games they did on here failed in the most trivial of ways possible. I'm only here because the concept is interesting enough, but Volk has had many games with interesting concepts that ended up dead chiefly because of poor management. Stop sucking ladyboy cock, BJ. ;)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »
Firstly, all of you need to drop the salt into a pan filled with boiling water and fucking spaghetti or potatoes instead of here.

Secondly, I am happy that Bravescot occasionally uploads some maps; keeps me updated without having to read everything.

Thirdly, don't point fingers before anything has happened. Maybe Volk will fuck up, maybe not. If you don't want to give it a chance; no one is forcing or begging you to stay.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2017, 07:38:11 pm »
All this over a bad alcohol induced comment over a map that looking at it now is correct.  :-\ Jesus Christ, the salt. I've already apologised profusely to Label & some people I annoyed irl (they were drunk also) but this is ridiculous.

Imma ask Thunderstormer or somebody to delete my post for Going Off-Topic

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2017, 08:26:20 pm »
There's a difference between being salty and having problems with management. It's in your best interest for this BoP, and any other BoP you want to run, to believe me.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »
There's a difference between being salty and having problems with management. It's in your best interest for this BoP, and any other BoP you want to run, to believe me.
It's in my best interest for you all to be salty?  ???  :-[ ?

I've asked Thunderstormer to delete my drunk post. Thunderstormer best Admin

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2017, 09:31:31 pm »
Good to know that you post on this forum when being drunk. This actually explains a lot.

Every of Volk's posts on this thread make me even more confident that not taking part in this was the right decision.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:35:35 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<