Author Topic: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)  (Read 23346 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2017, 11:41:58 am »
I suck at writing

Name: Confederacy of Haragot
Flag/Banner:
Banners
Patron's banner
Banner of the Haragot Council of Allied Nations
Banner of Haragot Governors
[close]
Government Type and Features:  Confederate Republic of Haragot (CROH for short) works on a principe of small states ruled by „Haragot governors“ formed into alliance (ie united) with other states of the Confederation. These states were formed into a Confederacy long time ago after they realized they can be stronger and be able to defend against waves of enemies. New Haragot governors are voted by folks of the state when old governor dies or retires.

CROH works on a similar principe as US. CROH basically works as one state.
Each state is represented by a representator who holds a seat in Haragot Council of Allied Nations. Representators are selected by Haragot governors. Elections of a new  so-called „Patron of the Haragot people“ (equal to president) are held every 5 years among the ranks of representators. Every person in CROH is allowed to vote except those who are younger than 18. „Patron“ chooses to create or abolish laws, set new taxes and make new decisions concerning diplomacies. But these decisions have to be approved by the Haragot Council and Haragot governors.
Haragot Council takes care of finances, judicature and others. Every new idea has to be approved by at least 60% of the council in order to realize. Haragot Governors rule their own state but they have limited options, for example they cannot choose tax level, but can decide to build new buildings, and take care of army of CROH. If a nation declares war on CROH, or CROH declares war on another nation, Haragot governors must provide army to CROH, and, if needed, take care of the army and lead it to battles, acting as generals.
Royal House (If Applicable): No Royal house
Starting Ruler and Family (Ruler + Minimum 2, Maximum 4)(If Applicable): Patron Frederic August – age 34, the 7th Patron of Confederate Republic of Haragot. He was originally from the South East of Estia. He became a patron at age 32. Frederic is a very skilled in diplomatics and art of war. He was immediately selected as a Patron when he showed his talent and readiness when he was working as a bodyguard of previous Patron Dominic. It happened after Dominic made a trip to the woods. He felt magic from trees and he usually visited the woods 2 times a week. Bandits bribed his servants and they revealed them this information. But Dominic was lucky that he choose to take Frederic too. Frederic was against heavy predominance. The bandits were 46. He and other bodyguards were only 6! Frederic personally took down 21 of the bandits and even saved Dominic 's life. After the defeat of the bandits, Dominic allowed him to decide what shall happen with the bandit chief. Bandit promised that he will be honest from now on and he will never try to kill nor rob anyone, and Frederic spared his life. Frederic is considered one of the kindest and wisest Patrons CROH ever had. When he was younger, he was taught to always help the poor ones and love his close ones.
He has no brothers or sisters. Because of that parents had more time for him and helped him to learn maths, writing and philosophy.
He is married with Sonia (33), his loving and mindful wife. They met when Frederic made a trip to local pub. He was 28 and seeked a room for 2 nights when he was travelling across Estia.
They fell in love in their first encounter. He payed host and took Sonia with himself. After some time travelling he met a wise greybeard who told him he will once rule nation. This helped him gain self confidence and he kept travelling until he stopped in CROH.
Aspects of Culture, Religion, Way of Life, and other Attributes:

The formation of Haragot Confederacy
Many years ago, Haragot was just a group of kingdoms fighting between each other. After years and years of fighting, Zachar, King of Haragot, was visited by an angel in his dream. Angel told him that many people lost lives already and its time to stop bloodshed. Zachar was amazed and in the next morning he quickly called for his messengers. He ordered them to visit every Kingdom and ask their rulers to meet at Haragot castle. They discussed about peace and when Zachar said what happened in his dream, kings agreed. After some time Zachar was visited by the same angel again. This time the angel told him that their Gods are very satisfied and gave him a pocket full of precious coins. Zachar was very grateful and promised he will no longer fight against his former enemies. Right in the next day Zachar came with a great idea – forming an union between kingdoms. He told kings a story about wooden rods. If they stay together, they cannot be broken, but if they divide, they can be easily destroyed. Kings were surprised and accepted his offer.

People of Haragot and their lifestyle
People of Haragot are simple folk with sedentary lifestyle. Men are mostly very tall, on the other side women are mostly very short. Men are taught from their early years chivalry, discipline and fighting. Short hair is very popular. If it grows longer, they cut it off. Women keep very long hair. Their hair is mostly red for unknown reason. In fact, women with red hair are considered to be angels sent by Godness Vyzus himself. Woman are very skilled in housework and cooking. They grow basic vegetables and fruits. They breed many animals such as chickens, cows and sheep. People eat vegetables and fruits for the whole year until winter, when there is no longer large harvest, animals are killed and eaten. Folk eat very simple and healthy food.
They mostly live in very simple houses made of wood. The floor is covered with animal skin and sometimes they make fire if it is very cold.

Gods of Haragot
People believe in many Gods. They worship Vyzus, Godness of beauty and food, Hektor, God of war and art of fighting, Fiktus, God of peace and intelligence, Saurus, God and Patron of poor and ill people and Olus, God of happiness and luckiness. They worship them daily and they also build many churches in their honor.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:37:15 pm by Dazzer »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2017, 01:47:11 pm »
I like your flags!

And though you claim to "suck at writing" you've made a really good effort. It might be a bit too modern a government type for a republic though. Maybe consider make the leader of the council a bit more powerful?

You should also consdier the following quote from the explanation of the land "Wheat is not originally indigenous to Estia, and is grown with great difficulty, save for a few remote regions. Other crops, like potatoes and rice, are originally indigenous to Estia, and have been mastered in terms of cultivation." You've said that
Quote from: Dazzer
They grow carrots, potatoes, wheat and lentils...Did I mention they created chocolate?
They mostly live in very simple houses made of wheat.
Your starting location only has wool as it's main resorce and not natural grain tiles or coca tiles. Unless you import a crap tone of both it is impossible for those statements to be true.

I am sorry if I'm being too harsh. Try trying to help you create a sturdy starting nation :D!

Though unfortunate as I like the idea of this, that does seem to be the case. Usually GM's would accept player apps by 24 hours, especially when they've been online far earlier.
Only B-Scot has PM'd me his Private one, and I'm still deliberating on it.
Be kind. I tried to think really hard about being balanced.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:00:19 pm by Bravescot »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2017, 02:05:02 pm »
I like your flags!

And though you claim to "suck at writing" you've made a really good effort. It might be a bit too modern a government type for a republic though. Maybe consider make the leader of the council a bit more powerful?

You should also consdier the following quote from the explanation of the land "Wheat is not originally indigenous to Estia, and is grown with great difficulty, save for a few remote regions. Other crops, like potatoes and rice, are originally indigenous to Estia, and have been mastered in terms of cultivation." You've said that
Quote from: Dazzer
They grow carrots, potatoes, wheat and lentils...Did I mention they created chocolate?
They mostly live in very simple houses made of wheat.
Your starting location only has wool as it's main resorce and not natural grain tiles or coca tiles. Unless you import a crap tone of both it is impossible for those statements to be true.

I am sorry if I'm being too harsh. Try trying to help you create a sturdy starting nation :D!
Thanks  :D

but I dont think republic is too modern. I mean, even Greeks had it

and im terribly sorry for lack of my knowledge about Estia, I havent read the main thread yet. Im going to do it right now

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2017, 02:18:18 pm »
Thanks  :D

but I dont think republic is too modern. I mean, even Greeks had it

and im terribly sorry for lack of my knowledge about Estia, I havent read the main thread yet. Im going to do it right now

No worries. You probably should have done that first xD

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2017, 03:46:01 pm »
Forgot you had to hit enter after typing in the name of the person you're sending to. Done.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »
Do I have to send an application to Volk too?

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »
Do I have to send an application to Volk too?
There are two application forms. One has more details than the other.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
Rip.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:04:13 am by Rhen »

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2017, 11:48:47 pm »
Sheesh, I thought I'd be more or less alone in the north, with its relative scarcity of resources and its colder winters, but nope, it would seem it's among the most crowded!

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2017, 11:55:36 pm »
Sheesh, I thought I'd be more or less alone in the north, with its relative scarcity of resources and its colder winters, but nope, it would seem it's among the most crowded!
i think I'm actually alone on the other continent
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 12:16:13 am »
did you guys even look at the winters - climate maps?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 12:37:44 am »
Nice flag Rhen

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 01:44:08 am »
Nation name: Kingdom of Astra
Flag/Banner:
Spoiler
[close]
Government Type and Features: Despotic monarchy, the oldest legitimate son of the current ruler is considered the heir
Royal House (If Applicable):House Thrawn
Starting Ruler and Family (Ruler + Minimum 2, Maximum 4)(If Applicable): Aldaran Thrawn, Literally the king:26
Melita, daughter of wealthy merchant and wife to the king:21
Altes Thrawn, son of the King:4
Chilon Thrawn, Brother to the King: 19
Ismene, daughter to the King: 1

Aspects of Culture, Religion, Way of Life, and other Attributes:
stuff
Astra is a peaceful nation that makes it living off of trade with natives and other nations. The trade routes between the 2 cities, Norhurse and Aldrose, are littered with bandits and thieves, making trade difficult and dangerous. This led to the rise of the "Order of Maius" mercenary group. Said to be blessed by the war-god, this group is the best of the best. Very few have crossed blades with this group and lived to tell the tale. In the rare times that the Kingdom of Astra goes to war, past Kings have often hired the Order of Maius to bolster their numbers. However, their strength has given Astra a false sense of security. Astras land forces are severely lacking and poorly maintained. Thier ships however, are always fully maintained.

The Kingdom of Astra has sent a number of expeditions to distant regions, looking for new trading partners and even suitable places for a new city.
[close]
Religion
The people of Astra worship a number of Gods. There are many myths and stories associated with each of the Gods. There are numerous great heros. Both the cities of Norhurse and Aldrose have large temples with statues of each God (except Mordarr who gets no love). Each year tributes are placed in front of each statue. Many smaller temples can be found in other smaller cities or villages in the kingdom. Low-key greek mythology

Odis :god of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice, king of the Gods
Esyn :Queen of the gods and the goddess of marriage and family
Atos :God of the seas, earthquakes, and tidal wave
Giella ::Goddess of fertility, agriculture, nature, and the seasons
Tilmus :God of wisdom, reason, intelligent activity, literature, handicrafts and science, defense and strategic warfare
Ofaris :God of light, prophecy, inspiration, poetry, music and arts, medicine and healing
Utrix :Goddess of the hunt, virginity, archery, the moon, and all animals
Ytris :Goddess of love, beauty, and desire
Maius :God of war, violence, and bloodshed
Uknos :god of fire and the forge
Vitar :god of commerce, communication, borders, eloquence, diplomacy, thieves and games
Tona :Goddess of the hearth and of the right ordering of domesticity and the family
Jantyx :god of wine, celebrations, and ecstasy
Modarr :God of the Underworld and the dead
[close]
Lifestyle
Women do housework and stuff. Men do everything else. you know typical gender stereotypes. Sons usually follow in their fathers footsteps and do what they did for a living. Men are usually loyal to their wives due to fear of being punished by the goddess Esyn.

Most of the country is uneducated with the exception of the wealthy. Wealthy merchants are usually treated with respect. Some are given special advisory positions to the king. Some even are lucky enough to marry into nobility.
[close]
[close]
I updated this. Probably the simplest app that you will see for this game
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 01:47:04 am »

I'll take an inland trade province, triple grain and iron, yes, please.

Nice flag Rhen

Thanks, had it made. Will explain it when I get to writing the aspects, etc.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 03:04:36 am »

I'll take an inland trade province, triple grain and iron, yes, please.

That and I'm guessing nobody wants to be in the shitty deserts or tropics.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:31:51 pm by Bravescot »