Author Topic: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)  (Read 23348 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: BoP: Estia (Out-Of-Character Thread)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 07:42:04 am »
So is anyone besides me actually interested in this game? Cuz it looks like volk has updated the game thread a lot
I'm interested as the game looks to coming together to actually be REALLY well thought out and not just thrown together. As long as I can make an epic history I'm game (Unless banned by Volk again)
i honestly dont think epic histories are necessary.
They're not but I just enjoy writing them
eh just make sure you talk to your neighbors about certain things. You don't want one history to be like "we warred and fucked everyones mom" and then your neighbor is like "we had centuries of peace"
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 07:48:08 am »
eh just make sure you talk to your neighbors about certain things. You don't want one history to be like "we warred and fucked everyones mom" and then your neighbor is like "we had centuries of peace"
Aye don't worry, I will. Wouldn't make sense if I didn't!

Volk.....am I able to be.....dwarfs?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 08:04:01 am »
i hope not
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 08:15:20 am »
Aye don't worry, I will. Wouldn't make sense if I didn't!

Spoiler

No
[close]

But if because of, say, population genetics and geographic location, like a jungle, that one of your nation's people's unique qualities is short or shorter height than normal, along with any other qualities that might be associated with it, like also perhaps xenophobia (if your people are isolationist as an example) or an affinity for warfare in terrain like their homeland, then sure? As long as it's not the only redeeming quality of your people and the only thing making your nation unique. I can already imagine somebody saying "Uhhh Germany but they're short and brown".

I can imagine somebody making a pygmy-like people perhaps, or basing their nation off of asia maybe where they might also adopt the quality of being shorter than usual (if only slightly). But no dwarves. Dwarfism (real dwarves) outside of fantasy is usually only encountered when there is a Genetic aberration (in this case mostly Ring Chromosomes). The probability of having a population that consistently has ring chromosomes that does not die off immediately or suffers from other ailments as a result of these genetic aberrations is virtually impossible.

Dwarves no, Pygmies/short-ish people perhaps. Inverse is also true; no Ubermensch or low-key Giants or "my population is extra war like because the men have 2 Y Chromosomes". Goes for everyone. In this specific case, Dwarves no.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 08:21:58 am »
Okay, no problem. Just wanted to see  ;D

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 08:23:20 am »
Can I have a dragon?

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 08:23:37 am »
Can I have a dragon?
What is Prime Meridian?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 08:25:44 am »
Can I have a dragon?
What is Prime Meridian?
A prime meridian is a meridian in a geographical coordinate system at which longitude is defined to be 0°. Together, a prime meridian and its antimeridian form a great circle.

So do I get my dragon yet?

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 08:26:37 am »
Can I have a dragon?
What is Prime Meridian?
A prime meridian is a meridian in a geographical coordinate system at which longitude is defined to be 0°. Together, a prime meridian and its antimeridian form a great circle.

No but you get a Great Circle

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:53 am »
Can I have a dragon?
What is Prime Meridian?

No but you get a Great Circle
so do I use the great circle to summon a dragon?

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 08:32:03 am »
Hey volk I was looking over the terrain vs the trading good map and some of the match ups don't make a lot of sense sometimes.

small example

[close]

The terrain map (the brown) shows mountains but you've opted to make the trading good Naval supplies. That doesn't really make sense. You'd expect a mountain to yield metals or minerals, not be a place for naval supplies.

There are just a few spots across the maps here and there where things just don't add up.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 08:41:39 am »
Hey volk I was looking over the terrain vs the trading good map and some of the match ups don't make a lot of sense sometimes.

small example

[close]

The terrain map (the brown) shows mountains but you've opted to make the trading good Naval supplies. That doesn't really make sense. You'd expect a mountain to yield metals or minerals, not be a place for naval supplies.

There are just a few spots across the maps here and there where things just don't add up.
Ok

It makes sense. Not all mountains are intense mountain ranges where nothing grows well past a certain point like the Himalayas. The Appalachians for example ahve tons of forests that could be interpreted into wood = naval supplies, as well as parts of Canada and the US that are of higher elevation.

Everyone's favorite Scandinavian Peninsula also has Mountains producing Naval Supplies
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 09:41:34 am »

small example

[close]

Ok

It makes sense. Not all mountains are intense mountain ranges where nothing grows well past a certain point like the Himalayas. The Appalachians for example ahve tons of forests that could be interpreted into wood = naval supplies, as well as parts of Canada and the US that are of higher elevation.

Everyone's favorite Scandinavian Peninsula also has Mountains producing Naval Supplies
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Ah, THAT's what you mean. I thought we were talking shit like sails and ropes and such; not just the timber.

Man it's so hard to try and think of a starting location when you can only have 1 - 4 start provinces. You got to think of terrain, trade goods, trade features etc.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:49:29 pm by Bravescot »

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 02:07:46 am »
I've completed the Rules, somebody please read for understanding.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 03:30:41 am »
I've completed the Rules, somebody please read for understanding.
I like them, they're easy to understand if you take the time to read over them. The Role every turn for marriages might be a bit much, maybe once every 2 - 3 turns?

I also really like that you strongly emphasized the need to keep the ingame shit separate from personal feelings wherever possible.

When things get going would anyone be upset or annoyed in I staked a claim for this area?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:45:42 am by Bravescot »