Author Topic: North American Premier League(Match day 7)  (Read 58739 times)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Premier League
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 02:27:00 am »
We just did a friendly 1v1 vs the nr37 and mostly lost 7-3 due to silly clutches, so imo the nr37 should be allowed to play if we can come close to beating them.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Board Moderator
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 03:18:49 am »
We just did a friendly 1v1 vs the nr37 and mostly lost 7-3 due to silly clutches, so imo the nr37 should be allowed to play if we can come close to beating them.
I've been saying that the NR37 are being overhyped by a lot.

Here's my proposal that I would like to heard some feedback on:

The 1st Coldstream Guards are allowed in. I don't believe that anyone would call them world beaters. They are solid and I doubt that anyone would reject them based on skill.
The NR37 are also allowed in. I would consider the 32e, 30th, and USMC to be in a similiar position. They are all very solid regiments that probably are near the top of this competition.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 03:19:51 am »
you can also make a case for the 6teSLR, i heard Irish has a nice thing going on over there
click here to join the 84th

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [79th]Col_Modernassassin
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 04:10:37 am »
Yo babies, you should already know that we 79th are best NA!

*According the the 2014 Napoleonic Professional Review*

Offline No This is Patrick

• Sergeant
  • For the Sultan!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Sil]Sultan_NoThisIsPatrick
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 07:10:34 am »
Russian, Waste, Dickhardrock, Bauer, Rex, Rothgar, Harpoon and Ziggy are the only ones who have really been competitive recently.

But like 90% (at least) of 32e, AEF and Silahtars rosters competed in TNWL and have other competitive experience.

Silahtars were all pretty much ex-PSG who won NANWL League 2 last season, which is plenty of competitive experience.

I know like everyone in the Nr37 steam group, and they're roster really isn't anymore stacked than 32e's, 6te's, or 30th's.

How stupid does this sound? Hey! They participated in TNWL! That means they are competitive! We joined TNWL for the 1v1’s and to have more videos for the PSG/Silahtar Guard YouTube, the same reason why we joined this one. Just because a group of friends wanted to stick together when the PSG disbanded doesn’t automatically makes us a PSG-clone. My regiment don't do trainings. Not once. Our only 1v1’s are from TNWL. Without having John and Loke, that means our officers and our leading skills in 1v1’s only have four 1v1’s as experience. We bring around 3-7 members to events. Our numbers are so low that we couldn’t reach minimum of 10 players for TNWL half the time. That doesn't sound like the PSG or being competitive to me.. I don't understand your logic on competitive experience. According to you, we must be the most competitive, best regiment there is...and we don't even do trainings or weekly 1v1's!  8)

As for everyone else, this is for new and less competitive regiments. You are all too busy defining what makes a regiment competitive. Having members who attend competitions or having members who are amazingly good doesn’t make a regiment competitive. A regiment who brags about their wins makes them competitive. A regiment who has an updated list on the scores of their 1v1’s, not for logs to look back from time to time, but to show them off to others, normally on the front page of their regiment thread. That is a competitive regiment because they care about winning. I don’t see that in Waste and the Nr37 so let them join if they want to. Case closed.

And we’re only here to have fun. We did this against the 30th during TNWL but anyone who wants to gamble on the last round of the match when we verse eachother, send out your champion to fight against our champion. We will just circle around them or something and watch our champions fight. Winner takes the round. If you want to do this with us, think who from your regiment will fight the almighty amiranger. :)
[14th]Rkt,  [1aSvea]Vrvts,  MoskovGren_Ryad,  PrinzCarl_Kpl,  [PSG]Maj, [Sil]Sultan

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 05:44:10 pm »
Russian, Waste, Dickhardrock, Bauer, Rex, Rothgar, Harpoon and Ziggy are the only ones who have really been competitive recently.

But like 90% (at least) of 32e, AEF and Silahtars rosters competed in TNWL and have other competitive experience.

Silahtars were all pretty much ex-PSG who won NANWL League 2 last season, which is plenty of competitive experience.

I know like everyone in the Nr37 steam group, and they're roster really isn't anymore stacked than 32e's, 6te's, or 30th's.

How stupid does this sound? Hey! They participated in TNWL! That means they are competitive! We joined TNWL for the 1v1’s and to have more videos for the PSG/Silahtar Guard YouTube, the same reason why we joined this one. Just because a group of friends wanted to stick together when the PSG disbanded doesn’t automatically makes us a PSG-clone. My regiment don't do trainings. Not once. Our only 1v1’s are from TNWL. Without having John and Loke, that means our officers and our leading skills in 1v1’s only have four 1v1’s as experience. We bring around 3-7 members to events. Our numbers are so low that we couldn’t reach minimum of 10 players for TNWL half the time. That doesn't sound like the PSG or being competitive to me.. I don't understand your logic on competitive experience. According to you, we must be the most competitive, best regiment there is...and we don't even do trainings or weekly 1v1's!  8)

Oh I am truly going to enjoy this. Your entire paragraph is just one idiotic statement after another.

If you had reading comprehension skills above a 2nd grade level you might be able to understand that I didn't call the Silahtars a competitive regiment, I said you guys have competitive experience, which given that most of you played for the PSG in Season 1 and 2 of TNWL as well as Season 5 and Season 6 of NANWL,....I think is a pretty irrefutable statement.

I also didn't say Silahtars are a clone of PSG, I said you and your members have competitive experience from playing with the PSG, because you do.

I completely understand why you have low attendance, I wouldn't show up to participate in a match with you either.

Of course you can't follow my logic, because you're a colossal moron who has dangerously low reading comprehension skills causing you to invent a majority of the things  you're "responding" to.

"According to you, we must be the most competitive, best regiment there is...and we don't even do trainings or weekly 1v1's!  8)"

This is truly the most idiotic conclusion I've ever seen anyone come to, you may actually be the most stupid FSE user I've encountered.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:45:55 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »
triggered  :o

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
I dont see why the 8e are allowed in, as far as i know its Ethan who leads them and hes got a history of making small regiments that merge and rename a few times and then entering things like these only to drop out.

Not to mention ethans a troll. kek

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »
triggered  :o

A little. I just can't stand people who come up with random things I didn't say then proceed to give me a paragraph of pure stupidity as to why those things I didn't say are stupid/wrong. If it looked like a joke or something, I'd understand, but it just looks...so stupid.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 05:59:00 pm »
fiery memes
prepare to be stomped by 48th canadian memers

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 06:10:03 pm »
I dont see why the 8e are allowed in, as far as i know its Ethan who leads them and hes got a history of making small regiments that merge and rename a few times and then entering things like these only to drop out.

Not to mention ethans a troll. kek
Babyj allowed them in so I kept them in the league. Simple as that. Plus I don't event know if they will participate. I asked and he told me that he would see if he would be able to muster the numbers. We'll have to see.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »

The 1st Coldstream Guards are allowed in. I don't believe that anyone would call them world beaters. They are solid and I doubt that anyone would reject them based on skill.
The NR37 are also allowed in. I would consider the 32e, 30th, and USMC to be in a similiar position. They are all very solid regiments that probably are near the top of this competition.

Never seen the 1stCSG, and they are led by Scottish, he seems to have fallen off the radar.

Overall, i think most of the leagues participants would make it into tier 1 of NWL at this point, considering the 58e and 71st have disbanded, the only regiments who would still be considered stacked IMO, would be 1er or 78th. ( Stacked in terms of difficult to beat in a groupfighting situation at least ) The good players have either spread out a bit amongst regiments or are not currently playing. I voted no for nr37, as they would not be tier 2 in my eyes, they would easily beat 8e or 1stCSG. *EDIT* I have sinced changed my opinion due to the reasons below.

But when you look at how the competitive scene is now, most of the current participating regiments are the Tier 1 regiments, there is nobody else with the exception of the "top 2". Making an assumption based on skill, the 1stCSG and the 8e are the only people in this league at this point who should be in it. They would class as Tier 2 at max.

The rest of us are kind of past the point of tier 2, unless some of the old tier 1 NWL regiments reformed. So this league needs to look at itself, it was advertised for tier 2 regiments. I entered the 6teSLR as we do 1 competitive event a week and the rest is casual line / arty / skirm, and at the time i would have considered us tier 2, but now we have improved, recently beating the 78th 8-2 in a friendly 1v1, a big thing for us despite it being a friendly, and it would be unfair to regiments like the 8e or 1stCSG for all these tier 1 regiments to have taken the league over. The whole concept is flawed IMO, and thats not Dans fault either, it just happened to turn out that way, and either we allow the rest of the applicant regiments in and carry on, or change the purpose of the league entirely, the arguements about whos competitive or not is invalid at this point.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:14:37 pm by IrishRanger »

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 06:39:30 pm »
Spoiler

Never seen the 1stCSG, and they are led by Scottish, he seems to have fallen off the radar.

Overall, i think most of the leagues participants would make it into tier 1 of NWL at this point, considering the 58e and 71st have disbanded, the only regiments who would still be considered stacked IMO, would be 1er or 78th. ( Stacked in terms of difficult to beat in a groupfighting situation at least ) The good players have either spread out a bit amongst regiments or are not currently playing. I voted no for nr37, as they would not be tier 2 in my eyes, they would easily beat 8e or 1stCSG. *EDIT* I have sinced changed my opinion due to the reasons below.

But when you look at how the competitive scene is now, most of the current participating regiments are the Tier 1 regiments, there is nobody else with the exception of the "top 2". Making an assumption based on skill, the 1stCSG and the 8e are the only people in this league at this point who should be in it. They would class as Tier 2 at max.

The rest of us are kind of past the point of tier 2, unless some of the old tier 1 NWL regiments reformed. So this league needs to look at itself, it was advertised for tier 2 regiments. I entered the 6teSLR as we do 1 competitive event a week and the rest is casual line / arty / skirm, and at the time i would have considered us tier 2, but now we have improved, recently beating the 78th 8-2 in a friendly 1v1, a big thing for us despite it being a friendly, and it would be unfair to regiments like the 8e or 1stCSG for all these tier 1 regiments to have taken the league over. The whole concept is flawed IMO, and thats not Dans fault either, it just happened to turn out that way, and either we allow the rest of the applicant regiments in and carry on, or change the purpose of the league entirely, the arguements about whos competitive or not is invalid at this point.
[close]

I agree with you on most points. Some of the tier 1.5 and 2 regiments have become better so there is now an imbalance. It's pretty much just a regular league now. So I'm probably going to be allowing both the NR37 and 1st CSG in due to the reasons stated and the popular opinion becoming more in favor of it.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 07:41:06 pm »
Godfreid is so easy to trigger. Like say something he doesn't like and he goes into full essay mode

TBH I had no idea who the 8e are. Still dont

Might as well accept he 1er and 78th tbh fam

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:03:11 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 09:54:06 pm »
 this league will focus on newer and less competitive focused regiments.

this is what stuck out to me when I signed up I think it holds true. 1er only does 1v1s as far as I know but at this point I don't care who's in the league. 78th mainly does events also I believe

the newer part well, there aren't really enough new regiments cause dead game

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer