Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 61406 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2016, 07:09:28 pm »
Inb4 John Kaisich is our next president
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »
that electoral thing doesnt matter, clinton has no path to victory, even if 37 electors dont vote for trump, it just goes to the house and they will either still vote for Trump or another Republican (being highly unlikely)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #287 on: December 17, 2016, 03:16:34 am »
I could be wrong, but if it went to the House and they didn't go for Trump, I'm pretty sure they'd have to pick someone actually in the bid for Presidency; as far as I know all Republicans dropped after the Primaries.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #288 on: December 17, 2016, 03:31:32 am »
I could be wrong, but if it went to the House and they didn't go for Trump, I'm pretty sure they'd have to pick someone actually in the bid for Presidency; as far as I know all Republicans dropped after the Primaries.
"In this event, the House of Representatives is limited to choosing from among the three candidates who received the most electoral votes for president."  i don't think anyone outside of trump and clinton got an electoral vote.(off memory)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2016, 03:36:03 am »
They don't vote until December 19, it's very much possible an elector could switch to voting for someone like Kasich instead of Trump, and therefore for instance Kasich being in the top three; and when it goes to house with a majority of Republican state delegations they could convene and vote Kasich (if that doesn't work out it's another long process)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #290 on: December 17, 2016, 03:38:12 am »
But that's the thing, he dropped out. As far as I know, you can not re-enter the bid this late in the year.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 17, 2016, 03:40:47 am »
But that's the thing, he dropped out. As far as I know, you can not re-enter the bid this late in the year.
It has nothing to do with re entering the bid, an elector can still put his name down and whoever it is, even if he wrote Vernon Supreme, the third most with highest number of electoral votes will be in contention (again technically yes they should at least have ran like Kasich did)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #292 on: December 17, 2016, 04:10:48 am »
I wonder why an elector would choose kasich instead of Cruz. I think it would be easier to defend that pick since he did alot better in the primaries while kasich did kinda bad       

no matter what i think people in Democrat states will be pissed if they dont change their votes to hilary
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:20:36 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2016, 04:23:14 am »
I wonder why an elector would choose kasich instead of Cruz. I think it would be easier to defend that pick since he did alot better in the primaries while kasich did kinda bad     
depends on their ideology or what they feel is right.  They may feel he is more moderate, and even someone who is a democrat, may feel they are the lesser evil from their POV.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
I have to admit that I find it somewhat amusing that there is so much confusion amongst Americans themselves on how their system works.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »
I have to admit that I find it somewhat amusing that there is so much confusion amongst Americans themselves on how their system works.
Woah, so you have a perfect understanding of how the EU and Netherlands governments work? Otherwise, you can't say shit

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2016, 12:04:08 am »
Woah, so you have a perfect understanding of how the EU and Netherlands governments work? Otherwise, you can't say shit

True, I spent 6 months in law school studying the governance of the EU and EU law (not voluntarily it was built into the course) and it was really, really hard. It's as if they made it deliberately confusing so that ordinary people wouldn't know how it worked and thus were kept in the dark as to what was going on. I mean take the Treaty of Lisbon (the closest thing the EU has to a constitution)- it's actually unreadable because it's basically a very long list of articles changing the wording of previous articles in previous treaties. It's the most bizarre document I've ever read, and I'm fairly sure that's deliberate. They had such massive problems getting the EU Constitutional Treaty through in 2005 (which was voted down by the French and Dutch in referendums and was far more explicit in its wording) that they re-packaged it as the Treaty of Lisbon and made it as complicated as possible so that national parliaments, ordinary citizens and the media wouldn't understand it.

Read it yourself if you don't believe me: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:12007L/TXT&from=EN

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2016, 12:29:32 am »
That document is bizarre, fuck

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »
No, but like most of my countrymen, I have a pretty good understanding on how we get our executive government.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »
That's the weakest defense I've ever heard. Just drop this topic before you embarrass yourself further