Author Topic: US Politics thread  (Read 61410 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: US Politics thread
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2016, 07:45:13 am »
Not gonna lie I thought duuring just started to spam this thread
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2016, 08:12:44 am »
What do you mean? I am duuring.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2016, 09:03:43 am »
If this unacceptable behaviour continues disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:14 am »
It's kinda funny but I highly doubt it-Justin resembles his brother Michel quite a lot (his other brother Alexandre not so much, maybe there are question marks there), so Margaret Trudeau would have had to have done it with Fidel twice over a long time frame. Then again she regularly cheated on her husband and had loose morals so who knows-Pierre Trudeau is the intellectual godfather of the SJW movement after all, maybe he knew about it and forgave her/encouraged it or whatever. Pierre was also a well known sexual deviant (as a 47 year old man he fell in love with Margaret who was only 18 at the time) so who knows what he got up to.

SJWs wouldn't use the war measures act to beat up quebec nationalist, they'd puss out and give them independence.

Like all SJWs he had an authoritarian streak that only came out when his multicultural ideology was challenged.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »
I still prefer the cats.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2016, 05:37:42 pm »
Still wondering why voter I.D. cards aren't issued to Americans yet. It pretty much eliminates the illegal vote and you need an I.D. for everything else. I just don't get how that makes it 'harder' to vote. India has voter I.D. cards and it has over a billion people. Strange.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »
Still wondering why voter I.D. cards aren't issued to Americans yet. It pretty much eliminates the illegal vote and you need an I.D. for everything else. I just don't get how that makes it 'harder' to vote. India has voter I.D. cards and it has over a billion people. Strange.
its cuz Americans are racist and don't give ids to minorities
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2016, 06:41:38 pm »
it is not as easy as it sounds.

Depending on your PoV, you may or may not think they are necessary in the first place.  Anyways, either state by state or the Fed gov would have to make up laws for it,(lots and lots of laws), you would have to make the ID cards which would be hard,(and make sure people cant make illegal copies), and you would have to make it EASILY accessible for everyone to get.  The moment it becomes hard for people to get their ID, you start to disenfranchise people.  and their are arguments against ID cards as they hurt the *insert group here* more than your average person.  They wouldn't have the time, ability to, and possibly other stuff prevents them from ever getting an ID when they normally could and did legally vote in the past. 

You cant charge people to pay for the IDs either,(would basically be another poll tax) so either the state or the Fed would have to eat the very expensive cost.  some States, for one reason or another have a hard time even having enough polling places due to costs.(so they say anyways)  If they cant get enough polling places to allow people to vote in a reasonable amount of time,(no one should have to wait an hour, let alone 3+ hours) how will they afford this expensive change?  I already hate going to the DMV, imagine doing this and having to wait even longer.(in some states you have to make an appointment to go to the DMV, possibly the same here)

anyways, these are some of the possible issues.   there may be other points i didnt address here.   Perhaps you or others would be able to handle the above questions if it came to making voting IDs required.   i hope anyways you can at least understand some of the issues above, even if you disagree with them or think they are minor.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2016, 07:44:55 pm »

Depending on your PoV, you may or may not think they are necessary in the first place.  Anyways, either state by state or the Fed gov would have to make up laws for it,(lots and lots of laws), you would have to make the ID cards which would be hard,(and make sure people cant make illegal copies), and you would have to make it EASILY accessible for everyone to get.  The moment it becomes hard for people to get their ID, you start to disenfranchise people.  and their are arguments against ID cards as they hurt the *insert group here* more than your average person.  They wouldn't have the time, ability to, and possibly other stuff prevents them from ever getting an ID when they normally could and did legally vote in the past. 

You cant charge people to pay for the IDs either,(would basically be another poll tax) so either the state or the Fed would have to eat the very expensive cost.  some States, for one reason or another have a hard time even having enough polling places due to costs.(so they say anyways)  If they cant get enough polling places to allow people to vote in a reasonable amount of time,(no one should have to wait an hour, let alone 3+ hours) how will they afford this expensive change?  I already hate going to the DMV, imagine doing this and having to wait even longer.(in some states you have to make an appointment to go to the DMV, possibly the same here)

anyways, these are some of the possible issues.   there may be other points i didnt address here.   Perhaps you or others would be able to handle the above questions if it came to making voting IDs required.   i hope anyways you can at least understand some of the issues above, even if you disagree with them or think they are minor.
Valid points. The other way could be the use of a Driver's license or some form of identification such as a military ID, and if you don't have one of those, than you could apply for a voter ID card. My point is to make sure that only legal citizens are voting and that they can only vote once. I'm sick of dead people voting on both sides and the idea that illegal immigrants can sway the election is just mind boggling.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

Valid points. The other way could be the use of a Driver's license or some form of identification such as a military ID, and if you don't have one of those, than you could apply for a voter ID card. My point is to make sure that only legal citizens are voting and that they can only vote once. I'm sick of dead people voting on both sides and the idea that illegal immigrants can sway the election is just mind boggling.
Cept then you have states like California where you can get a drivers license without being a citizen

STILL WAITING FOR MY CUSTOM TITLE FOR TRUMP GETTING OVER 300 VOTES
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:04:17 pm by Siwi »
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2016, 09:46:59 pm »
Duuring took our avatars

Tyranny!

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2016, 09:58:01 pm »
Duuring took our avatars

Tyranny!
Im going to write a formal complaint to olaf. TO THE DONATER BOARD

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »

not everyone has a car or knows how to drive.   and siwi raised another valid point.  you dont need to be a citizen to get a license. 

really, you would probably need to  make a system that allows people easily and quickly get a voter id.  you would need one where either people can apply by online or mail(no postage charge) and have said application be easily accessible.  another possibility, even though it would require a bigger gov is to have the gov have a system where they automatically add you to the list of approved voters when you turn 18 as long as you haven't done anything to disqualify yourself.(felony)  that could be state or Fed.  and they would need to tell you if you are not allowed to vote when you apply, that way if there is an error, you can contest it. 

i am sure others can think up other ideas.  The key is to make it so that EVERYONE who is legally allowed to vote can, with little to no hassle and free of charge.  Doing anything other than that and you start disenfranchising people, and that goes against what we are suppose to be as a nation. 

and another issue with voter id is the inability to have same day voter registration.(meaning you can register to vote at your polling place)  not unless you had some way of signing up people and approving them with this new system that would be required. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2016, 11:15:42 pm »
If getting ID was so difficult in the US then you wouldn't have such a big social problem with alcohol. Probably the first thing every adult does in the US as soon as they turn 21 is get/update their ID to buy it. So arguing that a large number of Americans don't have any form of ID is just wrong, and there's nothing difficult in asking people to show it in order to vote.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2016, 11:42:07 pm »
If getting ID was so difficult in the US then you wouldn't have such a big social problem with alcohol. Probably the first thing every adult does in the US as soon as they turn 21 is get/update their ID to buy it. So arguing that a large number of Americans don't have any form of ID is just wrong, and there's nothing difficult in asking people to show it in order to vote.
If only we had this national database that includes every legal citizens name and a number that is unique to them and can be used to identify them
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site