Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 4 ♞  (Read 79045 times)

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Main Thread ♞
« Reply #465 on: December 21, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
Huge congrats and thanks to Erik for doing a superb job in hosting and also to everyone who took part, was a pleasure to see the League go by without incident with regiments taking even shocking defeats with grace and praise for their opponents.

On a personal level as an ex- Infantry scrub who came to cav only a year ago I can say with confidence now I feel part of this cavalry community  :)

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: December 21, 2016, 04:23:38 pm »
Congrats Erik for successfully organizing the whole thing, that must have took a lot of effort. The servers were not all that great tbh, especially if multiple fights were going on at same time.

Though final scores were not kind to the 73rd, I think that if we managed to prove anything, we proved that other regiments wouldn't dare fight us in balanced teams if they don't have to. What scores don't show is that almost all our matches were 8vs12, or 9vs12, or 10vs12. At this level of competition, having 2-4 players less makes a big difference.

With that being said, I would like to congratulate the 7e Régiment de Hussards, who fought us with one less (11), it was still an unbalanced fight but this act of chivalry helped us achieve a draw. Also thanks to all regiment representatives who were giving us kind words after matches. I will have to be satisfied with knowledge that we would have a lot more wins if teams were balanced in numbers.

Of course, being able to bring enough players is part of the competition, so I admit we lack in recruitment and member activity. GG everyone, have a merry xmas and all that!

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #467 on: December 21, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »
THIS IS FUCKING FIXED. WE WOULD OF WON IF YOU GUYS HADN'T STOLEN THOSE GAMES FROM US. CAN'T WAIT TO EXPOSE YOU GUYS TO THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »
Of course, being able to bring enough players is part of the competition, so I admit we lack in recruitment and member activity.

Yet the community isn't as active as it used to be so that's somewhat understandable. This said,  I don't remember you having such a disadvantge when facing us (5e) but I don't have an excelent memory so I could be wrong on that. ;)

Was cool to have you in nontheless.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #469 on: December 21, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
Congrats Erik for successfully organizing the whole thing, that must have took a lot of effort. The servers were not all that great tbh, especially if multiple fights were going on at same time.

Though final scores were not kind to the 73rd, I think that if we managed to prove anything, we proved that other regiments wouldn't dare fight us in balanced teams if they don't have to. What scores don't show is that almost all our matches were 8vs12, or 9vs12, or 10vs12. At this level of competition, having 2-4 players less makes a big difference.

With that being said, I would like to congratulate the 7e Régiment de Hussards, who fought us with one less (11), it was still an unbalanced fight but this act of chivalry helped us achieve a draw. Also thanks to all regiment representatives who were giving us kind words after matches. I will have to be satisfied with knowledge that we would have a lot more wins if teams were balanced in numbers.

Of course, being able to bring enough players is part of the competition, so I admit we lack in recruitment and member activity. GG everyone, have a merry xmas and all that!

Having refereed one of your matches, blaming your loss on the lack of balance is absolute bull. If anything, you guys could've shown some guts instead of mucking about during your 1v1's and blaming the referees for your sub par performance. You lost because you were one of the worst performing regiments in League 1, and not because of the lack of balance.

A little highlight for the nonbelievers:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 21, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »
Huge congrats and thanks to Erik for doing a superb job in hosting and also to everyone who took part, was a pleasure to see the League go by without incident with regiments taking even shocking defeats with grace and praise for their opponents.

On a personal level as an ex- Infantry scrub who came to cav only a year ago I can say with confidence now I feel part of this cavalry community  :)

lol, gg for just proving my statement instantly wrong 73rd, phenomenal effort.

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 21, 2016, 05:35:44 pm »
  • was a pleasure to see the League go by without incident with regiments taking even shocking defeats with grace

Haha, if only you saw what Jokim wrote about 9e after our defeat on Nr. 3 forum, you'll have to redefine your idea of "taking defeat with grace", I'd post screenshots but the content would be far too shocking and obscene, as always with this sick person.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2016, 05:38:17 pm »
Of course, being able to bring enough players is part of the competition, so I admit we lack in recruitment and member activity.

Yet the community isn't as active as it used to be so that's somewhat understandable. This said,  I don't remember you having such a disadvantge when facing us (5e) but I don't have an excelent memory so I could be wrong on that. ;)

Yep, judging by the only screenshot of the match with 5e I have, we had at least 10 players there. But you're among top 2 regiments so it is not surprising that you won.

@Von_Clausewitz your screenshot shows ONE member of 73rd having a nervous breakdown, which is exactly what happened. One person does not equal whole regiment. For this I have apologized to all in chat during the match and that member got (mildly) punished afterwards.
But seeing that you want to act like a hostile kid I withdraw my apology to you. We have proven that we perform well when matches are balanced and nothing you say has any weight. If you were a good referee you wouldn't be abusing your experience from being a referee on one of our matches for this petty yet hostile forum post. In other words, go die in a hole.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »

Yep, judging by the only screenshot of the match with 5e I have, we had at least 10 players there. But you're among top 2 regiments so it is not surprising that you won.

@Von_Clausewitz your screenshot shows ONE member of 73rd having a nervous breakdown, which is exactly what happened. One person does not equal whole regiment. For this I have apologized to all in chat during the match and that member got (mildly) punished afterwards.
But seeing that you want to act like a hostile kid I withdraw my apology to you. We have proven that we perform well when matches are balanced and nothing you say has any weight. If you were a good referee you wouldn't be abusing your experience from being a referee on one of our matches for this petty yet hostile forum post. In other words, go die in a hole.

You did not apologize for your members behavior during the match. In fact, you joined in because you were/are just as feeble minded as your fellow regimental members when it comes to taking losses in a sportsmanlike manner. How exactly am I 'abusing' my experience being a referee in what I posted? I merely stated you were blaming your losses on the lack of balance, which simply isn't the case. You got outplayed, fair and square. You knew the rules before you got into this tournament, and blaming other regiments for not 'daring' to balance is extremely petty. The fact that you have to resort to insults and claiming my points do not carry any weight, only further proves my point. Hopefully, for your own state of mind, you'll perform better next year instead of blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »
You are lying, end of story. I did not join in with insults. It was all one member. And I did apologize during the match. You just have a beef with me from before.

Since you keep adding lies to insults, I now call for logs from that event. I say logs because God knows you can't have screenshots of something that never happened. Logs please, whoever is in charge of that.

I should have known better than agree to have a hostile referee. If what you were saying was true, you would immediately screenshot me insulting you because you are hostile towards me, but you didn't because it never happened.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:09:34 pm by Grozni »

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2016, 06:10:59 pm »
You are lying, end of story. I did not join in with insults. It was all one member. And I did apologize during the match. You just have a beef with me from before.

Since you keep adding lies to insults, I now call for logs from that event. I say logs because God knows you can't have screenshots of something that never happened. Logs please, whoever is in charge of that.

I'm in support of getting the logs (if at all possible). I don't know what you're on about about us having a beef because I don't even know who you are bud. Considering you have made enough of an ass of yourself already, you should consider maybe not posting anymore until you have some valid points. Or you can of course keep posting until you get the last word, up to you really. I've said my piece.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:12:58 pm by Von_Clausewitz »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Board Moderator
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #476 on: December 21, 2016, 06:35:28 pm »
You should just chill out and quit arguing over such an unimportant matter.

Grozni, I think most regiments didn't balance below 12 against you guys (or the Sumskoy, who had the same issues in several matches) because the rounds ratio was important to them. It can be a deciding factor, for example if the 4e-5e rematch results in a draw again, the winner will be decided on this round difference. So in those situations, risking losing two or three rounds in a match is not the move you wanna make as a regimental leader.

The second reason, and that's the one that made me spawn 12 men at least every match, is that some regiments simply bring many people, and when I have 19 men on TeamSpeak, it's complicated for me to tell them "okay guys I'm only gonna let 10 of you spawn in". I'm sure you understand.

At the end of the day the rules clearly stated that league 1 needed 12 men minimum, you knew it when signing up.
I also want to add that calling a referee biased or unfair is definitely not the right thing to do, even more when I remember attending that match as a spec (the 9e-73rd match) and Clause was referring it fairly.

I won't get any logs because I really can't be arsed to bother Dodo for such a petty quarell, you guys should just leave it as it is, you both made your points and there's no need to continue. I don't wanna have to remove any posts or something. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:50:47 pm by Erik le Rouge »
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2016, 11:54:53 am »
hello i heard some drama here
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2016, 12:01:16 pm »
I would have been happy to play them but Christmas is a hard time for my work so finding the time to organise things when I come home at 11-12pm 7 days a week D:

Still didn't come last hahaha fuck youuu
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Peradius

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Peradius
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2016, 12:12:08 am »
Thank you Erik for the CNWL. It kept me playing Warband tbh. I'd like to thank you for the organisation, servers and all the effort you had put to make it successful. GG 4e and 5e. May we rekt you next year!

Wesołych Świąt i Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!
Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr!
С Рождество́м Христо́вым и с Но́вым го́дом!