Author Topic: 41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:29:03 pm »

Welcome to the 41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot recruitment page. The 41st Regiment of Foot is one that will be mainly focused on discipline / realism within the NW game for those who still want to get somewhat of an authentic experience. This means that we will be running on an absolute no trolling policy as we want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for all our members. We will be playing as the British in game and more often than not selecting the first unit. We advise people to use immersive names for the time period however this is not a requirement.

You are probably wondering, who is this madman trying to open up a new regiment by himself? Well let me give you a bit of background information about myself:

I have played the Napoleonic Wars mod for close on five years now and have gathered over three thousand hours within the game. During this time I have lead regimental companies ranging from Cavalry, Line and at one point even rifles. Most of my time has been spent serving as an Officer / NCO for someone else's regiment so I thought to myself, at least once before the game goes under, I want to try making one myself.

So why me, over every other leader out there? There is no easy answer to such a question but having been around in the game for so long I have alot of experience with NW itself and the community, have alot of time to dedicate to running the regiment and not being a backseat leader, treat all members equally / fairly no matter what their rank and the fact that I love personally investing my time in helping people grow within the game.

The 41st Regiment of Foot wants you, what are you waiting for?

Officer / NCO

The Officer's / NCO's of the Regiment are the primary leaders and look after the regimental well being.

Colonel

The Colonel is the Primary leader of the Regiment and will command most line battles with the aid of his trusty Officers and NCO's. Though every effort is made to run things in a democratic fashion the Colonel will often have the final say in important regimental decisions.

Major 

The Major is the Colonel's right hand man in both on the field leading and regimental decisions. The Major will be the primary factor in deciding promotions, organising events and dealing with any major regimental issues.

Captain 

The Captain is the ''peoples champion'', focusing almost solely on battle discipline, running training's and developing the Enlisted Men's skills he is often seen as the face of the average soldier and the one they turn to with most of their concerns.

Lieutenant 

The Lieutenant's job is to provide assistance to the Captain when needed, however if the Captain is absent during training then the Lieutenant will be expected to stand in his steed and lead in his absence. Will be called upon to help lead during battles occasionally.

Ensign 

The Ensign is the most junior of the Officer ranks and is often used as a trial of sorts. Here potential officers can be screened and their prowess gauged before advancing into the higher ranks. In battle the Ensign should keep an eye on discipline and keep the men in order.

Regimental Serjeant Major

The Regimental Serjeant Major is often seen as the iron rod of any regiment. His duties are simple, keep the men in line at all times and ensure that troop morale during battle never waivers. During training's the Regimental Sergeant Major can help train the Enlisted Men in certain areas such as shooting or melee.

Serjeant

The Serjeant is expected to carry out the duties of the RSM when they are not present as well as aiding the RSM in any and all duties required. During battle the Serjeant may carry the colours of battle or join with the Enlisted Men to set a good example.

Corporal 

The Corporal is the Second Lowest NCO rank and still somewhat of an observation rank. However the Corporal may be expected to help in training's as well as report any disruptive behaviour in the line. During battles Corporal's are expected to act as a regular foot soldier and only give commands if needed in the case of addressing discipline.

Lance Corporal

The Lance Corporal is the Lowest NCO rank and a purely observational rank. Lance Corporals are expected to learn quickly and show that they understand the fundamental ideas of being an NCO. During battles they are expected to act as a normal foot soldier.

Enlisted Men

The Enlisted Men are the backbone of any regiment and in many ways even more important than the Officer's themselves.

Kingsman

The Kingsmen are the elite of the Enlisted Men. Often promoted through sheer determination and skill these men are seen as the core of the regiment and the most lethal in their respected fields of shooting or melee.

Regular

Regular's make up the backbone of the regiment. Active, Loyal and well behaved these brave men never show fear in the face of danger and always strive to set an example to those around them.

Private

The Private is still learning through training and battle experience. They are not expected to excel in any areas but are still expected to follow the regimental code of conduct.

Cadet

The Cadet is still seen as new blood however they have proven themselves capable of basic melee, shooting and good behaviour.

Recruit

New blood of the regiment these men are often used as cannon fodder or other lowly duties. Through hard work and good behaviour they can easily become a Cadet, but those who show no promise or violate the regimental code of conduct will be released from service.

Frequently asked questions

What are promotions based on?

Promotions are based on several factors such as attendance, good behaviour and battle skill. Demotions are based on the opposite such as inactivity, bad behaviour and teamkilling excessively .

How are NCO's / Officers picked?

Lance Corporal can be applied for by anyone who is Private through to Kingsman. When you apply you will be given a test at, usually, the next training to gauge any potential you may have. If said training goes well then you will be given the opportunity to lead a round or two during a real line battle after which the Officer's will discuss if you show sufficient levels of leadership, confidence, clear speaking and decision making to advance onto the path of command. If you are unsuccessful during these trials you will be told why so next time you can work on the problem areas. You can reapply again in two weeks.

Officers are picked from any NCO who the Officer's agree is active, dedicated, friendly, has great leadership potential and is overall well respected throughout the regiment. This will often seem at random as Officers will be observing NCO's at all times regardless if another Officer is being sought.

Spoiler
-Under Construction-
[close]

Spoiler
Monday

Nothing planned

Tuesday

Training day

Wednesday

Scheduled event

Thursday

Nothing planned

Friday

Scheduled event

Saturday

Event or 1vs1 battle

Sunday

Training or 1vs1 battle
[close]

The current goals of the regiment as it stands are purely construction based at this moment. We are looking for potential Officers / NCO's and of course enlisted to begin filling the roster with. If you are interested in an Officer or NCO position please contact me via PM or steam. Recruitment aside I am currently going to be building a basic website as well as getting a Teamspeak 3 server set up. During this time, as you can likely imagine, events will be non existent until we get enough numbers to participate however this won't be difficult to achieve.

I appreciate you taking the time to read through our thread, if you wish to contact me with any enquiries please feel free to do so through the FSE PM function or through steam, however the regiment is still on hold until the basics can be sorted out as well as aiming more towards a future NW mod for Mount & Blade: Bannerlord. That being I am still accepting Officer / NCO applications!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:01:22 am by Valkyrie »

Offline Hepty

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 18e_SgtMaj_Hepty
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 41st (Welch) Regiment of Foot
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:33:48 pm »
Good Luck

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 09:54:20 pm »

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:57:26 pm »

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 09:59:06 pm »
the name of this regiment means a lot to me. its like my daschund

please don't use american rank icons

coulor

seargeant
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:01:11 pm by Michael Sparks »

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »

coulor

seargeant

Spelling fixed, and don't worry, it's a massive WIP and wont be ready for a while, I will try to dig up some british rank icons

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 10:19:37 pm »

coulor

seargeant

Spelling fixed, and don't worry, it's a massive WIP and wont be ready for a while, I will try to dig up some british rank icons

Its Serjeant historically.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:23:55 pm by Michael Sparks »

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:21 pm »
Good luck!

Offline Mugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 3eMG | 85e | 13e
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:53:12 pm »
GL :D

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:11 pm »
Thanks for the wishes  ;)

Offline Valkyrie

• First Sergeant
  • Justice has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 12:06:36 am »
Almost forgot

Reserved

David_Schrein

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 02:00:59 am »
Gl

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 05:24:15 am »

Offline DarkBG

• First Lieutenant
  • To die will be an awfully big adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 01:12:20 pm »
Good Luck !